MustangMech

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh no sorry to hear that — what happened?
Had put money down on an incoming unit with a delivery date, sold my driver. Delivery got moved back a month, I understand how things change these days. When it finally came in 6 weeks later, I scheduled a time to purchase early on a Saturday, everything was good to go! Showed up found the salesman he said we had to grab something quick then he had a problem, couldn’t sell it, it was recalled figured it would be April before it could be sold. Not Happy!
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had put money down on an incoming unit with a delivery date, sold my driver. Delivery got moved back a month, I understand how things change these days. When it finally came in 6 weeks later, I scheduled a time to purchase early on a Saturday, everything was good to go! Showed up found the salesman he said we had to grab something quick then he had a problem, couldn’t sell it, it was recalled figured it would be April before it could be sold. Not Happy!
That stinks, gas tank recall? I received a letter that mine had the recall but it's ok to drive as long as there is no fuel odor. Haven't noticed any in 6k miles so far so I'm good there for now!

Doxie_Mommy2

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord & Subaru Forester
Ford Maverick Ope, Minnesota Thread? Best Thread. F7AF427E-F353-42E2-9B16-C3FC1E45583B

We picked up our truck yesterday…we absolutely LOVE it so far. My question for you Minnesotans is have any of you experienced the burning smell and glowing hot catalytic converter? We haven’t remote started it yet but I’m nervous about that since the high temperatures are going to be in the single digits next week and we will want to remote start it. Thanks!!
Ford Maverick Ope, Minnesota Thread? Best Thread. 17EBC0F9-9A5C-4203-B34B-441DEC4912E8

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
F7AF427E-F353-42E2-9B16-C3FC1E45583B.jpeg

We picked up our truck yesterday…we absolutely LOVE it so far. My question for you Minnesotans is have any of you experienced the burning smell and glowing hot catalytic converter? We haven’t remote started it yet but I’m nervous about that since the high temperatures are going to be in the single digits next week and we will want to remote start it. Thanks!!
17EBC0F9-9A5C-4203-B34B-441DEC4912E8.jpeg
I might be wrong but all the instances of the smelly catalytic converter were remote starts via the app. Maybe just stick to the key fob?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

Congratulations! Happy to hear you love the Maverick just as much as we do. Enjoy the new ride. :)

Sponsored

maverick4natic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I might be wrong but all the instances of the smelly catalytic converter were remote starts via the app. Maybe just stick to the key fob?
QUOTE from Vicious007:
"It has nothing to do with remote start, really. It will happen in cold weather if the vehicle is parked and trying to heat up cab. So if you like your windows defrosted, you're doomed."

Sounds like a defrost or MAX heat issue, keep us posted.

This member @Vicious007 is from MN.

Apparently also turn off AUTO Climate control in the instrument cluster to be safe.

maverick4natic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also it seem weird to me to remote start a hybrid. I guess I have it easy to park in a garage "non-heated" but I feel like I will just get it when its cold, the ICE engine will start up and off I go on electric power etc.....

Doxie_Mommy2

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord & Subaru Forester
Also it seem weird to me to remote start a hybrid. I guess I have it easy to park in a garage "non-heated" but I feel like I will just get it when its cold, the ICE engine will start up and off I go on electric power etc.....
SORRY, I’ve never owned a hybrid before and it’s below zero for days on end here in Bemidji and we only have a one car garage

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
SORRY, I’ve never owned a hybrid before and it’s below zero for days on end here in Bemidji and we only have a one car garage
Yeah, remote start for me isn't about the engine. It's about putting my kid in ice cold car seat in a sub zero car that won't get warm till after we get to daycare.

Luckily ford was smart enough to have the engine oil leech heat off the exhaust so this Hybrid will heat up faster than Hybrids of 10 years ago.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any of you driving a velocity blue Maverick on Lex Pkwy through Como Park this morning around 10:30?

maverick4natic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last edited:

le0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
scion xb ,jeep ,dodge dakota ,harley softtail
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I remember when Minnesota nice came to Philly a few years back at the linc... We showed yaw some Philly hospitality.

Philly has the best deal four percent under invoice.
try morries ford .thay have one for testddive.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Velocity Blue hybrid Maverick has been shipped. Should have it in about three weeks. Reading the forums I find that the XLT wheels are very popular. I’m posting this to the Minnesota group first before going to a wider audience. I would like to swap with someone who has or will have 17” FX4 wheels (see the photo, mine are on the left, yours are on the right). Must be perfect and include tpms sensors, no road rash or filth please. I’m taking mine off immediately and replacing with Enkei wheels and Michelins, so my wheels will be almost new. If I don’t get any takers, the XLT wheels will be my winter wheels, so I’m willing to wait for someone who’s delivery is later, up to the end of October (we all know what can happen after that😁).

AFD32CC9-3B3C-4E62-AD7F-BF60AB8F6FC3.jpeg
That is going to be a very tough find - the wheel on the right was the optional FX4 wheel - meaning someone paid extra for them (the standard FX4 is the blackout wheel). I doubt they are going to trade down to the standard xlt wheel when they chose the upgraded option. GL though, never know!
Sponsored