Sponsored

Okay - So my Modules have 'popped' - What the heck does that mean?

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chatted with FORD marketing today to see if they had any estimate of when my Mav will get to the dealer. Their answer: 'Estimating 3/29 to 4/3'. We'll see how accurate they are - and it's more than a month by the way.
Should have done that before you started this thread....lol
Sponsored

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not saying Ford wants to hold up production. But Ford cannot control everything post production. Ford is not cranking these thing out with a 3rd production line, that is simply false. And I have been following the production date threads, but more importantly I have been following actual order movements in my capacity as someone who works on the logistics side with Ford.

Tell you what, I have $1000 that says OP's wait from modules turning on to delivery will be longer than 30 days. I will give you 4:1 odds. If you are so confident, care to put up $250 against my $1000?
Just go away!!

OP
OP
mktmgrjrm

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should have done that before you started this thread....lol
This thread has morphed from it's original purpose - started out asking how to decifer the modules.

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread has morphed from it's original purpose - started out asking how to decifer the modules.
Congrats on getting your Mav, next month. It's an awesome truck....just came back on a 2000 mile road trip, one of the best car I have owned, and I owned a lot...

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wish I would of seen this a couple of weeks ago my modules popped on 1/12 that night I got its built email.. Shipped on 1/14.. And delivered to southern Wi. To my dealership.. On 2/6 so that's 26 days from mod popping to delivered...
You sir suck...

Just joking! Mine was built the same day. Sat waiting to ship for 2 weeks. Getting it to Houston's pretty easy, but tomorrow is 30 days for me. It was offloaded from the rail car couple days ago. Every convoy truck I pass I looked for an Alto Blue Maverick to see if it's on it.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You sir suck...

Just joking! Mine was built the same day. Sat waiting to ship for 2 weeks. Getting it to Houston's pretty easy, but tomorrow is 30 days for me. It was offloaded from the rail car couple days ago. Every convoy truck I pass I looked for an Alto Blue Maverick to see if it's on it.
My module popped on 12-22, took delivered on 1-10 to dealer, driveway 1-12. 22 Days...

Old Kevv

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone want to bet that I have an even dumber question...

How do you see that your modules "popped"?
My truck is enroute according to Tracking site. The app shows nothing

Sponsored

snowkarver

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone want to bet that I have an even dumber question...

How do you see that your modules "popped"?
My truck is enroute according to Tracking site. The app shows nothing
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Since your truck is shipped, the above link will show populated modules - key things to see will be the Tear Tag number (a 4-digit identifier for your PCM software version) and a long sequence of hex codes that is a dump of the BCM (body control module) configuration installed in your Maverick.

This "as built" configuration is the software version installed when a Ford leaves the factory.

There's nothing more to be learned, since your truck is already enroute.

Last edited:

snowkarver

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently today was my Maverick's birth day - it was scheduled for 2/9 a couple of weeks ago, and low and behold the modules have 'popped' today (2/9). I have absolutely no idea what these modules are and whether I can decipher anything from them.

What can anyone tell me about modules?
Going back to the original intent of this thread....

The two modules referenced in the asbuilt data site are the PCM (powertrain control module) and BCM (body control module). The former controls engine operations while the latter has the code for integrating just about everything else - lights, security, infotainment, etc.

The PCM is in the engine bay on the firewall, and the BCM is usually part of the fusebox near the glove compartment. This is typical for Fords, but I'm not 100% certain of the location on Mavs.

The raw modules are supplied blank, so on the assembly line after the body is finished and before they are installed with other electronics near the end of production, they need to be loaded with the appropriate code to properly control the specific model and trim you ordered. Ford calls this "populating" which is why we say the "modules popped".

Ford Maverick Okay - So my Modules have 'popped' - What the heck does that mean? 1676070356728

RonD

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He is a well known troll to long time members.
Just go away!!
Whoa there little buddy, pump the brakes a bit. Take a second and you can see that I have only been a member of this forum for like a day, and my contributions have been anything but trolling.

OP
OP
mktmgrjrm

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
key things to see will be the Tear Tag number (a 4-digit identifier for your PCM software version)
Thanks for this! I do have a Tear Tag number in the header of the data, along with a lot of hex code data in the BCE and PCM modules.

RonD

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

If your truck is shipped, the above link will show populated modules - key things to see will be the Tear Tag number (a 4-digit identifier for your PCM software version) and a long sequence of hex codes that is a dump of the BCM (body control module) configuration installed in your Maverick.

This "as built" configuration is the software version installed when a Ford leaves the factory.

There's nothing more to be learned, since your truck is already enroute.
Point of clarification: live modules do not mean truck has shipped, left the factory, or en route. It does mean that it is nearly, or completely built. After modules go live, it can still take a trip to trim/body, and still sit waiting for a train for up to 2 weeks or more.
Sponsored