Sponsored

Okay - So my Modules have 'popped' - What the heck does that mean?

RonD

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey - since I'm the OP, can I get a cut of that cash? Pretty sure you've got a sure thing there!! 😆😆😆😆
I will give you half, but I only say that because I know other guy does not believe his claim strong enough to take the bet, even with the favorable odds.
Sponsored

snowkarver

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is only one production line at the Hermosillo Assembly Plant
I think that poster mixed it up with the third SHIFT they’re adding at Hermosillo, but even that’s not happening until July.

Also, very personal data point - my Tremor was built last week and is sitting in a big parking lot beside the factory ramp. Ford chat said it could be up to SIX WEEKS before it even gets onto a rail car (although it does depend on destination; I know my arrival ramp gets far fewer trains than others).

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not saying Ford wants to hold up production. But Ford cannot control everything post production. Ford is not cranking these thing out with a 3rd production line, that is simply false. And I have been following the production date threads, but more importantly I have been following actual order movements in my capacity as someone who works on the logistics side with Ford.

Tell you what, I have $1000 that says OP's wait from modules turning on to delivery will be longer than 30 days. I will give you 4:1 odds. If you are so confident, care to put up $250 against my $1000?
If you followed my 12/19 production thread, and this was during Christmas break where the factory was on vacay, we got our Mav within 30 days when modules popped. I hate taking your $1000...

RonD

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think that poster mixed it up with the third SHIFT they’re adding at Hermosillo, but even that’s not happening until July.

Also, very personal data point - my Tremor was built last week and is sitting in a big parking lot beside the factory ramp. Ford chat said it could be up to SIX WEEKS before it even gets onto a rail car (although it does depend on destination; I know my arrival ramp gets far fewer trains than others).
Yep, they run regional trains out or MX, so when your truck is built, maybe there is an empty train you get loaded on, then wait for other trucks from your region to get built and fill the train before you get to leave. Or maybe your truck rolls out and grabs the last rack on an almost full train and they load it up and take off. Or, maybe your truck rolls off the line and sees that a train for its region just left and now they have to sit and wait in the lot for a few weeks before they even begin building a train for that region.

The bottom line is that over half of the trucks will spend at least a week post production waiting for a train ride out. Add in the facts that many times modules turning on is not the last step in production, and holdovers at switches and waiting for a convoy after the rail ride, and dealers often needing more than a day or two for pdi, and you can see that 30 days from modules to delivery is carelessly optimistic.

One thing to note, in spring/summer, the post rail/pre convoy wait is a lot shorter on average because nobody wants to be in possession of the truck when hail storms roll through. But right now the risk of lot damage is at its lowest, and the trucks will be allowed to sit a bit longer out there.

Sponsored

RonD

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you followed my 12/19 production thread, and this was during Christmas break where the factory was on vacay, we got our Mav within 30 days when modules popped. I hate taking your $1000...
Are you taking the bet? Yes or no?

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not saying Ford wants to hold up production. But Ford cannot control everything post production. Ford is not cranking these thing out with a 3rd production line, that is simply false. And I have been following the production date threads, but more importantly I have been following actual order movements in my capacity as someone who works on the logistics side with Ford.

Tell you what, I have $1000 that says OP's wait from modules turning on to delivery will be longer than 30 days. I will give you 4:1 odds. If you are so confident, care to put up $250 against my $1000?

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Wish I would of seen this a couple of weeks ago my modules popped on 1/12 that night I got its built email.. Shipped on 1/14.. And delivered to southern Wi. To my dealership.. On 2/6 so that's 26 days from mod popping to delivered...

RonD

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wish I would of seen this a couple of weeks ago my modules popped on 1/12 that night I got its built email.. Shipped on 1/14.. And delivered to southern Wi. To my dealership.. On 2/6 so that's 26 days from mod popping to delivered...

Oh no doubt it happens. But the fact is that for most trucks it takes longer than 30 days. It is possible that OP's truck here will be less than 30, and that would be awesome, but it is more likely to be longer.

Sponsored

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh no doubt it happens. But the fact is that for most trucks it takes longer than 30 days. It is possible that OP's truck here will be less than 30, and that would be awesome, but it is more likely to be longer.
That's with it sitting at gateway rail yard in st Luis for 11 days before loaded on convoy semi to my dealwrship

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to throw fuel on the fire my Bronco Sport popped it's modules 1/09, shipped out of factory 1/11. Made it to Salt Lake City rail yard 1/24 and I took delivery of it in Nampa Idaho on 1/31.

OP
OP
mktmgrjrm

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chatted with FORD marketing today to see if they had any estimate of when my Mav will get to the dealer. Their answer: 'Estimating 3/29 to 4/3'. We'll see how accurate they are - and it's more than a month by the way.

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, they run regional trains out or MX, so when your truck is built, maybe there is an empty train you get loaded on, then wait for other trucks from your region to get built and fill the train before you get to leave. Or maybe your truck rolls out and grabs the last rack on an almost full train and they load it up and take off. Or, maybe your truck rolls off the line and sees that a train for its region just left and now they have to sit and wait in the lot for a few weeks before they even begin building a train for that region.

The bottom line is that over half of the trucks will spend at least a week post production waiting for a train ride out. Add in the facts that many times modules turning on is not the last step in production, and holdovers at switches and waiting for a convoy after the rail ride, and dealers often needing more than a day or two for pdi, and you can see that 30 days from modules to delivery is carelessly optimistic.

One thing to note, in spring/summer, the post rail/pre convoy wait is a lot shorter on average because nobody wants to be in possession of the truck when hail storms roll through. But right now the risk of lot damage is at its lowest, and the trucks will be allowed to sit a bit longer out there.
You need to change your name to Debbie Downer...

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to throw fuel on the fire my Bronco Sport popped it's modules 1/09, shipped out of factory 1/11. Made it to Salt Lake City rail yard 1/24 and I took delivery of it in Nampa Idaho on 1/31.
lol...22 days
Sponsored