Sponsored

Okay - So my Modules have 'popped' - What the heck does that mean?

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently today was my Maverick's birth day - it was scheduled for 2/9 a couple of weeks ago, and low and behold the modules have 'popped' today (2/9). I have absolutely no idea what these modules are and whether I can decipher anything from them.

What can anyone tell me about modules?
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I wouldn't read to far into it. It's just another way to know that the vehicle you ordered is going down the assembly line and certain parts of the vehicle are becoming active.

There is no deciphering to be done.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IT'S ALIVE!

The modules populating isn't something that a lay person can do anything with but it establishes the truck is build and active now. Congrats! Now just wait for shipping and delivery.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
:rolleyes:

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It all depends on options, it could go into and out of the body shop a few times if you have things like SIBL, mud flaps, tonneau etc… my dealer told me twice when it happened unsolicited.. wait a couple of days ask them where it’s at. They can find out at this point. But its ALIVE and your baby has a heart beat!!!

Sponsored

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It means that you'll be getting it within a month..

RonD

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It means that you'll be getting it within a month..
This is a terribly irresponsible thing to say to OP. Truck could still head to body and trim shop, can sit for 2 weeks waiting to be loaded on a train, spend a month on the rails, wait 3-5 weeks for a convoy from rail to dealer, wait a week for pdi, etc... All of those are very real and not unheard of timelines. Best case scenario would be about a month, most likely scenario is going to be significantly longer than a month.

OP
OP
mktmgrjrm

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Simple build - Lariat with Lux pkg, CP360, and CP360Assist. Hopefully it doesn't spend a lot of time sitting around after it comes off the line - but I don't have any illusions (delusions ??) about when I'll actually see the truck. It's been 450 days so far - what's a few more, right?

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a terribly irresponsible thing to say to OP. Truck could still head to body and trim shop, can sit for 2 weeks waiting to be loaded on a train, spend a month on the rails, wait 3-5 weeks for a convoy from rail to dealer, wait a week for pdi, etc... All of those are very real and not unheard of timelines. Best case scenario would be about a month, most likely scenario is going to be significantly longer than a month.
Do you really think Ford wants to hold up production and keep that things in the factory, you are citting exceptions to the rule. Ford is cranking these thing out with a 3rd production line. If you have been following the production date threads, from module pop to shipping is around a month. Now, it depends where OP lives, the farer from Mexico, the longer transit time. Stop being a Debbie Downer and use exception to the rule example as the rule.

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From my understanding they pop when the truck has been started for the first time.... I use to think it was when they married the electrical to the engine.. But after doing some reading it was the truck is built and has been started... Doesn't mean they are completely done with it but if I had to guess it would be eather 100% done like mine was or 95% done if u had some other cosmetic stuff they were doing going to be doing to it

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently today was my Maverick's birth day - it was scheduled for 2/9 a couple of weeks ago, and low and behold the modules have 'popped' today (2/9). I have absolutely no idea what these modules are and whether I can decipher anything from them.

There is a list of the modules for each trim/option here https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...im-levels-and-options-found-by-forscan.11122/

Some of these will not show up on the "as-built" modules that Ford provides. Modules being populated is one of the final steps before the vehicle is finished at the assembly plant. Some options such as spray-in bedliner are done after final assembly.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Basically, this means that your truck is no longer just a promise on a piece of paper, it actually, physically exists now.

RonD

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you really think Ford wants to hold up production and keep that things in the factory, you are citting exceptions to the rule. Ford is cranking these thing out with a 3rd production line. If you have been following the production date threads, from module pop to shipping is around a month. Now, it depends where OP lives, the farer from Mexico, the longer transit time. Stop being a Debbie Downer and use exception to the rule example as the rule.
I am not saying Ford wants to hold up production. But Ford cannot control everything post production. Ford is not cranking these thing out with a 3rd production line, that is simply false. And I have been following the production date threads, but more importantly I have been following actual order movements in my capacity as someone who works on the logistics side with Ford.

Tell you what, I have $1000 that says OP's wait from modules turning on to delivery will be longer than 30 days. I will give you 4:1 odds. If you are so confident, care to put up $250 against my $1000?

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is only one production line at the Hermosillo Assembly Plant

OP
OP
mktmgrjrm

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell you what, I have $1000 that says OP's wait from modules turning on to delivery will be longer than 30 days. I will give you 4:1 odds. If you are so confident, care to put up $250 against my $1000?
Hey - since I'm the OP, can I get a cut of that cash? Pretty sure you've got a sure thing there!! 😆😆😆😆
Sponsored