First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022, Ford Maverick Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had my oil changed twice since getting the truck at Tire Kingdom. Both times I checked the oil indicator and they did not reset it, so I did it..
Apparently they don't know how or that it has to be done.
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think personally I will continue to do with the Maverick what I have done with every vehicle the past 60 years. I will change the oil every 2500 miles whether it needs it or not with the exception of the first, which will be at 1K.

OP
OP
Skyline

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
i have no idea of the OP's age but people of my generation and others(69yrs young here) believe in a very early(perhaps even premature to some) 1st oil change.
Neither do I, checking driver license for age... Oh sh......!!!! 😱

I think personally I will continue to do with the Maverick what I have done with every vehicle the past 60 years.
People are creatures of habits that die hard, especially in our age group where it'll die with us...

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think personally I will continue to do with the Maverick what I have done with every vehicle the past 60 years. I will change the oil every 2500 miles whether it needs it or not with the exception of the first, which will be at 1K.
Well he certainly can’t hurt the engine by doing that, especially with a screaming hot turbocharger affecting the oil.

I say good for him.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i have no idea of the OP's age but people of my generation and others(69yrs young here) believe in a very early(perhaps even premature to some) 1st oil change. i know that 'modern' engines & synthetic oils may mitigate the contamination and oil/additive degradation but i'm still a big fanboi for doing that 1st oil change somewhere between 1k & 2 k miles. IMHO its a good thing for ANY new vehicle you intend to seriously maintain for the long term. i also like to wait until the 2nd oil change 5kmi down the road to rotate the tires and then do oil changes and tire rotation every 5kmi or 1 year, whichever comes 1st after that.
i have no idea of the OP's age but people of my generation and others(69yrs young here) believe in a very early(perhaps even premature to some) 1st oil change. i know that 'modern' engines & synthetic oils may mitigate the contamination and oil/additive degradation but i'm still a big fanboi for doing that 1st oil change somewhere between 1k & 2 k miles. IMHO its a good thing for ANY new vehicle you intend to seriously maintain for the long term. i also like to wait until the 2nd oil change 5kmi down the road to rotate the tires and then do oil changes and tire rotation every 5kmi or 1 year, whichever comes 1st after that.
Thx for your input.im 63 yrs old so also old school.i tend to stick to factory recommendations for the most part.but that being said,I have a 52 year old Plymouth that I've owned for 36 years and have changed the oil once a year and it's been running great.granted,the oil has maybe 1000 miles at most.i also have a 2010 ram that I change oil once a year.which is about 3000 miles.2 of my newer vehicles have oil life monitors,if I changed oil at 20% oil life left I would have 10,000 miles on that oil! Bottom line is do what ever your comfortable with.
Sponsored