Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

$59.39 (total) I only let the dealer do it because they give a lifetime warranty on all lubricated parts if I let them do all the scheduled lubrication related services.
Sponsored

Eber1988

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got lucky and get oil changes free for life of the vehicle at the dealership I got it from. I didn't choose them because of it. They just happened to be the ones that had a maverick at msrp from a buyer back out.

Flyangler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just changed my Maverick oil. First time I have ever done that. I was inspired to do so after getting one card from a metro dealership asking ninety-nine bucks, and another from a small town dealership offering to do the same “The Works”, for fifty-nine.

I learned that the Mav will tell you when it is time. Some other lessons include that the hybrid asks for an oil change less often than non-hybrid; synthetic oil is very pale right out of the jug and very black after 11 months in the truck; you might be able to save money on a do-it-yourself work if you don’t value your time very highly; I learned where the jack is, how to put it together, where to put it on the frame and that even on a nice level garage floor you can make the truck move if the oil drain plug is hard to turn; I learned that you might wish you had ramps instead of a jack to do anything but emergency tire change; I learned that before you can get to the oil filter and the drain plug, you must first remove the undercarriage cover and that effenheimer has no fewer than 15 screws holding it in; I learned to be glad that my belly fat kind of settles off to my sides when I am on my back under the truck because that little jack does not get the truck very far off the floor; lastly, I learned that the price of synthetic oil, a filter and the time it took me to crank off that drain bolt using part of the jack handle as an extension for better leverage might just have been $99.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure exactly as my first two were with Ford points. But it's not just an oil and filter. Also tire rotation. Call me lazy but much easier to do that with a lift than with jack stands on the ground doing multiple tires at a time. Last oil change I did at a quick lube place was over $50 for synthetic for a Cadillac XT5. And that was just oil and filter and top off the washer fluid (no other fluids were or should've been low)

Sponsored

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Location, location, location…. It does vary, and from dealer to dealer. You can also look at the national oil change franchises. Nothing says the dealer HAS to do it, as long as you get the recommended services done AND keep your receipts just in case you have a problem under warranty later on. They have to honor it.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hybrids take different oil.

Not sure why it costs more though.

Hybrids can go 15,000 miles per oil change in gentle driving conditions though. So it kind of balances out.

For most drivers, once per year.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just got a quote at my local California dealer for LOF change. $131 for Full Synthetic.

Tire rotation: $29.95

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got a quote at my local California dealer for LOF change. $131 for Full Synthetic.

Tire rotation: $29.95
Had my Hybrids oil changed today at the dealer. Total was $105.00 Man was i surprised. Glad I got to use my Ford Pass points to pay for it. Got enough points for one more oil change, after that I will do it my self

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And that's what it cost me for a Synthetic Blend oil change for my Prius V every 6 mos.

I'd rather have the dealer dispose of the oil and filter that I pay for, too much of an environmental hassle trying to dispose of it. Been there, done that ...... I'm done with DIY oil changes.
100% agree!!
i too am at that point in my life where i would rather just wander around the dealership checking out the new iron or just hanging out for usually a hour or less rather then deal with the whole do it myself thing, to wit: jacking the truck up or driving it up onto ramp stands; crawling underneath; removing a whole gang of fasteners in order to expose the engine; draining old oil & and removing the old oil filter; refilling engine with oil and installing a new filter; after going to the auto store to get said new oil & filter; then finally putting everything back together, sure hope you didnt misplace any of those gajillion fasteners for the engine cover; last but not least properly disposing of the old oil & filter. if you enjoy that kind of thing then i say 'good for you' but im no longer that guy.

i get it that some folks would rather handle this kind of stuff themselves, good for them i say. but to paraphrase the Great Jay-z i got 99 problems but this aint one of them. i can find the time once a yr or so to let the dealer do it. to each their own. i use the coupons for my dealer and get 'the works package' which includes a tire rotation plus vehicle inspection for around $50 and im cool with that.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Pope

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic and Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just paid $121 to a dealer for an oil change and tire rotation for my 2022 Maverick XLT hybrid. Ouch.

I did oil changes at 3,000 and 10,000 miles. Next one won't be until 20,000 miles.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick OIL CHANGE PRICE 82A06F88-2F2D-4643-88DA-FF2E4A707CF1
I just paid $121 to a dealer for an oil change and tire rotation for my 2022 Maverick XLT hybrid. Ouch.

I did oil changes at 3,000 and 10,000 miles. Next one won't be until 20,000 miles.
That sounds reasonable and practical. I too like 10,000 miles interval. Easy to remember. And even on the "plenty early" side if you are a gentle driver.

I just towed a bunch during vacation time. So I will change sooner. But at 6,000 miles the oil looks like this.

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up my Maverick March 7th and at the dealer today getting my first oil change @ 7,038 miles. I normally only drive it on the weekends and maybe to work once a week. Decided to keep my 2017 Focus mainly for the 90-mile round trip to work and back. It has 179,000 miles and I wouldn't have gotten much for it on trade in anyway.

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i did my 1st oil change at 1750mi at the dealership with the synthetic blend & Ford's recommended oil filter. i ALWAYS do that 1st one very early no matter what the manual or dealer says.
going forward i intend to change the oil in my hybrid annually or when the oil life monitor is 25% or less, whichever comes 1st is when i will next change it.