Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Took the Maverick in at 6500 miles for service. Manual says 9000 miles. The sticker for the next one says 11,500 miles. Dealer thinks 5,000 miles is better? Or if thats what yoiu want, OK have at it.
Sponsored

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my 23 hybrid I changed at 2000, then will trust the OLM like I did on my 22 hybrid. Sometimes it would go out over 10k miles. I’ll do black stone analysis like I do for my power stroke to make sure everything is in line.

I expect the dealer just tells their tech to go out 5k on every oil change sticker they print.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do lab test on the used oil one out of 4 times and you will have 100% confidence in the 10,000 mile intervals.
Hell. Many "gentle" drivers can use 15,000 mile intervals. But don't take anyone's word for it. See for yourself.

The longer intervals will pay (in savings) for the lab tests. You will be even in the 💰category but will be saving time and environmental resources.

THIS is the correct answer.
No more posts necessary.
😎

OP
OP
Barksdale123

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do lab test on the used oil one out of 4 times and you will have 100% confidence in the 10,000 mile intervals.
Hell. Many "gentle" drivers can use 15,000 mile intervals. But don't take anyone's word for it. See for yourself.

The longer intervals will pay (in savings) for the lab tests. You will be even in the 💰category but will be saving time and environmental resources.

No more posts necessary.
😎
Who does the lab tests? How much $$? How much oil do they need to test?
Could you post a lab report on the oil. Might be interesting reading.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

No more posts necessary.
😎
Your sig :ROFLMAO:

"THIS is the correct answer.
No more posts necessary"

It's what you want to hear, clearly. You need that validation from yourself. Op has an Ecoboost. You are giving advice that has been proven to be a stretch for those engines.

OP, do the oil analysis and you will see that 10-15k is NOT okay for the turbo Ecoboost. 5-6k sounds more reasonable. Most with the EB's (and actual knowledge not just opinions) will tell you less mileage between changes is better. It's an obvious answer for any engine. Hell, if I could change every 100 miles, I would. But I don't park in Jay Leno's garage and 3-4k is my bi-yearly change. 5-6k sounds good enough for the sample tests. They will likely tell you anywhere from 5-6k average. Use your best judgement. More often is always better when it comes to oil changes. There is no debating it. Stretching it for savings is some folks prerogative, but that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Find the medium for you.

Blackstone is the company you are looking for. They will send you the sample tubes and you pay for the analysis. Do this for about 3-4 changes then report back with the results.

Last edited:

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost