Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I glad to see Nathan is buying a non-turbo SC for one reason: Hyundai has not ptovided non-turbo SCs to the media for testing. I'd imagine the TFL crew will compare Nathan's SC to a hybrid Maverick and we will see how the base engines compare. And not just real-world MPGs but 0-60MPH, braking, distances, power/ability to tow, etc.
Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He basically canā€™t find a Maverick for msrp and canā€™t afford a Ridgeline so settled for a Santa Cruz. I know he didnā€™t say that but itā€™s reality. Said he wants a hybrid but the buys a more expensive less fuel efficient Hyundai šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Agreed

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I glad to see Nathan is buying a non-turbo SC for one reason: Hyundai has not ptovided non-turbo SCs to the media for testing. I'd imagine the TFL crew will compare Nathan's SC to a hybrid Maverick and we will see how the base engines compare. And not just real-world MPGs but 0-60MPH, braking, distances, power/ability to tow, etc.
Excalty finally get see some testing done I hope they can get mavericks do side by side

Sponsored

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drove side by side with the Santa Cruz last night on my way home. I think this is one vehicle I will never get used it the looks. Personal preference and all but that thing is gawd awful ugly.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He said heā€™d buy a Maverick if he could find one without games, but he couldnā€™t and even ran into games from a Santa Cruz dealer. If you listen sounds like he preferred the Maverick overall but did note that it was not as comfortable as the SC.

We are smaller folks and the XLT seats are actually really comfortable for us, but could see where they would be less supportive for bigger folks. TFL is a cool set of sites/shows.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol....I love these Gen-x'rs that think they are "old"..... :rolleyes:

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks like Subaru is looking to make the Baja again? I think most manufacturers will come out with small trucks to copy the success Maverick and to a lesser degree the SC. They have two different models to base sales results off of, a fuel efficient truck vs a converted cross over that isn't as efficient. To compete they will have to step up there fuel efficiency, I think that is a big appeal to the Maverick, especially if gas prices stay sky high.
https://www.torquenews.com/1084/3-subaru-baja-pickups-and-justy-which-do-you-want-your-garage-year

Sponsored

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw this video.... interesting take on everything and surprised he went with the SC but his reasoning for him is sound.

To be fair I have not been in a SC, and have only been in a Maverick for about 2 minutes at most but some of what he was saying actually made me think more that I would want the Maverick although I do like the exterior styling of the SC.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was looking at the Santa Cruz l set weejk. I ordered my Maverick in Jan and I am starting to get frustrated. How long before you received you VIN?
I ordered my XL ECO AWD 4K tow December 15, 2021. Only received my VIN July 15, 2022- and that was 2 weeks after I removed all constrained options that I had on there. Build date is supposed to be 8/29- but we'll see if it gets pushed back like so many others.

Have you asked your dealer or checked with Ford Customer Service to see if you have VIN issued already? If memory serves correct I think Ford put out August 4th cutoff for receiving a MY2022 build. If no VIN by that date, you were advised to re-order as a MY2023.

Good luck!
Sponsored