First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick CHR. Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I noticed that customer service was a 4 to 5 days behind the rail..... yesterday they claimed it was in St Louis...proof it was in Chicago
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I got the railcar info, CSX has no info and NS says undefined with a date of 9/27 . Ford just gave me the car and Ferrocarril Mexicano, S.A. de C.V. which I assume means it is still in Mexico and/or not actually on the way, but in or assigned a railcar? I got a TTGX number which I assume is NS but the build and track link says CSX is east of MS and everything starts on CSX so that seems weird but I don't know anything. :unsure:
Got that same bogus place as well a few days back. The dealer said Junction point and no railcar#. CS this morning said the same thing but Nagoles, AZ
Ford Maverick October Hybrid Orders United TRN_UP_Network_Map_2013-scaled

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mrkosmoo2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Trim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I could get information this morning ....it stated the railcar was empty and departed the Chicago heights yard
Maybe yours is unloaded and awaiting semi to bring to your destination
Wow, just got the call that the Mav is at the dealer. I guess you can't 100% go on what the railcar report is when you call in and ask.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chat was helpful today! No date on tracker but got this:

The rail car information is TTGX700793 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. )

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, just got the call that the Mav is at the dealer. I guess you can't 100% go on what the railcar report is when you call in and ask.
Hey, for once they are managing expectations and exceeding them. Unless it getting in early messes someone up, I feel like this is a diamond in the rough as far as the buying experience for most of us.

Sponsored

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Civic LX, 09 Camry Hybrid, 22 Mav Hybd Lrt Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

what was your delivery date range?

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

bwf4

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I got the railcar info, CSX has no info and NS says undefined with a date of 9/27 . Ford just gave me the car and Ferrocarril Mexicano, S.A. de C.V. which I assume means it is still in Mexico and/or not actually on the way, but in or assigned a railcar? I got a TTGX number which I assume is NS but the build and track link says CSX is east of MS and everything starts on CSX so that seems weird but I don't know anything. :unsure:
When I contacted Ford yesterday, my railcar was in Kansas, but Ford still said Ferrocarril Mexicano, S.A. de C.V. TTGX is definitely Norfolk Southern. See my post history for details about getting tracing information over the phone. What the Tracking Page doesn't make clear is that rail companies often negotiate with other rail companies to lease rights on their railways. This is how you have Norfolk Southern operating west of the Mississippi even though they have no tracks themselves there.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I contacted Ford yesterday, my railcar was in Kansas, but Ford still said Ferrocarril Mexicano, S.A. de C.V. TTGX is definitely Norfolk Southern. See my post history for details about getting tracing information over the phone. What the Tracking Page doesn't make clear is that rail companies often negotiate with other rail companies to lease rights on their railways. This is how you have Norfolk Southern operating west of the Mississippi even though they have no tracks themselves there.

Props to @bwf4 .

Adding his process as a contact to be able to check on status, worked flawlessly! Went above and beyond to DM me as I was actually just locating his post to try it.

Ford Maverick October Hybrid Orders United 1664476992827

Sponsored

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should be able to track it using CSX. My Maverick is in GA waiting to be delivered to my dealer and I tracked it using CSX even though it started out on Union Pacific.

Crash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, when I say I called NS, this is what they said "...Undefined September 27 705pm"

And yes I saved a contact for it on my phone Using @bwf4 (awesome):
Alphabetic part = Convert your railcar alphabet letters to numbers, (i.e. TTGX=8849)
Numeric part = Numbers from railcar
8006355768,,,,,,2,,2,,<Alphabetic Part>#,,<Numeric Part>#,,,,1

When I call CSX using @Administrator's post:
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

I get car TTGX941386 has no status available. I just redid it (2x) just to verify and the 2nd time it said it departed Nogales AZ, on sept 29 no ETA available! Woot! Maybe @onetequilatwo and my Mav are in the same (hype) train. :)
So I called NS again and still Undefined.

Sooooo I assume if you get something weird like No status or undefined, to wait (story of buying a car in 20212) and try again later :p

But as @Mrkosmoo2 and @LoveMyTaters notes it may not be up to date or delayed. ETA isn't til Oct 19-25 so I just need to R-E-L-A-X :cool:

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Crash, will try customer service again later tonight or the dealer in the AM. Chat says open till 10 PM. Must likely will end up trying the chat tonight. Like to get the railcar# most of all. Then success with tracking.

@Crash checked at 17:47PM no change.

@bwf4 did share your post on Tim Blatz FB chat tonight. Thanks it does work with android as well.
Thanks again Bruce, nice work!

IDK how people with 8/8 build week could stand it, knowing the truck was built and then nothing, not day after days but week after weeks.

Last edited:

KyleFF

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Ordered September 22nd 2021.

Took delivery yesterday! Shipping took exactly 4 weeks.

Was worried but my dealership didn't try to play markup tricks like I've heard in some of the horror stories on here.

They did crudely slap some stickers under the door handles and along the edges of the doors and call it a "Ford protection" package which they charged me $500 for without me asking for it. Its a complete and utter JOKE. They're covered in air bubbles and creases, and some are already peeling.

Already started putting the simple mods on. Tailgate lettering, phone holder for the silly cubby hole, and the Motorola dongle that turns it from wired Android Auto to wireless.

Have an appointment next week to have the truck Ceramic coated among other things, and a spray in bed liner done.

So far in the 200 miles I've driven it I've been absolutely giddy with how much I like it. Drives great and I'm averaging 42 mpg with most of it being commuting at 70 mph.

Ford Maverick October Hybrid Orders United 20220928_172307

Ford Maverick October Hybrid Orders United 20220929_165925

Ford Maverick October Hybrid Orders United 20220929_165912

Ford Maverick October Hybrid Orders United 20220929_165853

Ford Maverick October Hybrid Orders United 20220929_165844

Ford Maverick October Hybrid Orders United back bum

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@KyleFF Looks great. There should be very small print at the very bottom of your post: Warning, your actual wait times maybe short or much longer, beware!
Sponsored