Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bottom feeder law firm trolling for clients...

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received this letter via US Postal Mail on 01 Aug 2023.

Thought readers may find it interesting.

2022 Maverick Notice of Pending Lemon.jpg
I'm in CA too. At the bottom it is signed "Prestige Legal Solutions, Attorney Advertisement". Reads like a solicitation, they are trying to gin up customers. Frankly, my '22 2.0 EB has none of those issues - just a rumble in the dash over poor surfaces and deceitful dealers.

JokingJ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Niro
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in CA too. At the bottom it is signed "Prestige Legal Solutions, Attorney Advertisement". Reads like a solicitation, they are trying to gin up customers.
It's definitely just a solicitation, but that doesn't mean it's good news (or even no news at all). Big law firms only start reaching out to people like this when they're trying to put together a class action, and they only go through the hassle of that when they have reason to believe doing so is worthwhile (i.e. they'll win, make a bunch in fees, and pass the scraps onto the class action group of plaintiffs).

So while it could well be frivolous junk, it could also be the start of something much more unpleasant for lots of Maverick owners...

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in CA too. At the bottom it is signed "Prestige Legal Solutions, Attorney Advertisement". Reads like a solicitation, they are trying to gin up customers. Frankly, my '22 2.0 EB has none of those issues - just a rumble in the dash over poor surfaces and deceitful dealers.
It's clearly just attorney spam mail that they probably send to every new car buyer whose mailing address they can get ahold of

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's definitely just a solicitation, but that doesn't mean it's good news (or even no news at all). Big law firms only start reaching out to people like this when they're trying to put together a class action, and they only go through the hassle of that when they have reason to believe doing so is worthwhile (i.e. they'll win, make a bunch in fees, and pass the scraps onto the class action group of plaintiffs).

So while it could well be frivolous junk, it could also be the start of something much more unpleasant for lots of Maverick owners...
I wouldn't be concerned. This is hardly a "big" firm - they have three whole attorneys. And nothing on their website indicates they handle class actions. I highly doubt they know more about Mavericks than anyone else.

Much more likely, they just spam out these scary letters to everyone who registers a new car in the state in the hopes that the few who have issues will contact them with a potential lemon claim.
Sponsored