Sponsored

Not seeing Mavericks in the wild... why not? How about your community?

OP
OP
Shecster

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With all that is going on in the automotive market place I am surprised whenever I see a Maverick at the dealership nowadays.
That said, I have been fortunate with the number of vehicles I have spotted in the wild lately. The numbers are not huge, but we are getting out more thus I have seen a few more and had the pleasure of chatting up the owners.To a person they all have been more than pleased.

It can only improve so I hope you folks are seeing a few more Mav’s and that we all may see the light at the end of the tunnel and become owners vs. on the wish list.
Best to all - ✔🇺🇸
Sponsored

Reactions: Dad
OP
OP
Shecster

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Recently I have had a rash ( that means six) Mavericks show up in my corner of the world.
Today walking the dog with my beloved wife, a black on black XLT rolled regally by us. It looked great and “ bad “ at the same time the tonneau cover was aces......gives me hope for more sightings!

• Love

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Near Youngstown ohio and have driven quite a bit in the area and around and still not seen one. Seen tons of Rangers though. Only one I've seen is still the one I'm driving.

And i get questions when people do see it

Sponsored

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Near Youngstown ohio and have driven quite a bit in the area and around and still not seen one. Seen tons of Rangers though. Only one I've seen is still the one I'm driving.

And i get questions when people do see it
I live in Evansville IN which I believe is a similar population to Youngstown. I saw a Shadow Black Maverick two weeks ago parked at a strip shopping plaza near my local Walmart. So far that’s the only one I’ve seen besides the one I drive.

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally saw first one in the wild Monday

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Recently I have had a rash ( that means six) Mavericks show up in my corner of the world.
Today walking the dog with my beloved wife, a black on black XLT rolled regally by us. It looked great and “ bad “ at the same time the tonneau cover was aces......gives me hope for more sightings!
Only seen 2 in my area of suburbia, one of which was next to mine as I pulled up to right turn lane at a light. We honked and waved ... thumbs up stuff. Others must've thought we were nuts. Who else gets that excited about a vehicle? The Maverick has spawned a cult, and that's no error!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally saw first one in the wild Monday
Kind of exciting, right? Wife is understanding, but thinks it a bit weird whenever I'm out and I crane my neck with ... "Hey!" "is that a Maverick?". "Look, honey"! "Oh, wait .... nope ... sorry". I like looking for them since I cannot see my own while driving and I do love the looks of the truck. I bet I'm not alone!

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kind of exciting, right? Wife is understanding, but thinks it a bit weird whenever I'm out and I crane my neck with ... "Hey!" "is that a Maverick?". "Look, honey"! "Oh, wait .... nope ... sorry". I like looking for them since I cannot see my own while driving and I do love the looks of the truck. I bet I'm not alone!
EXACTLY

Sponsored

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In Southern California, I’ve seen over a dozen in the last month!! For a while, I thought I was the only Maverick in my area till I seen another one at my job site. All were mostly stock XL and haven’t seen a hybrid yet!’

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not hardly!

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw 2 ecoboosts a few months ago a couple weeks apart. Since then I haven't any. My hybrid is the only one that I've ever seen. this is the Austin TX area, so not exactly a small pool. I'm not disappointed with that though. I like being the only one around.

rtkegger

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado
I don't disagree with you. I have never seen a Velocoraptor (whatever you called it). Having owned an Element, I can spot them a mile away. However, outside of the dozen or so in my area I almost never see a wild one. There are two Ridgelines in my subdivision, again those are the only two I see on a regular basis. I thought I saw a Maverick in the wild, but that was an unconfirmed sighting. The most numerous vehicles that I see in my area are a Ford F150 followed by a Subaru Forester.
Sponsored

• Haha