LIL’ Buddy

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's what I see .......

Ford Maverick No Insulation at Fender to engine!? tempImageXnZEq5

Ford Maverick No Insulation at Fender to engine!? tempImageB7Vq1O

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is also the mentality that "IT took over 4 months to get it to me, So I expect it to be perfect", and I am one of those people, It will be well over 7 months by the time that I get the Truck, With poor communication, and a total lack of concern for when you ordered given by ford, I am expecting near perfection on the paint Body lines and over all fit and finish. Which I Know will not be there. and I Will reject it based on that alone. I have ordered another Vehicle(See in my Signature line) that is only 2ish weeks from order to build week E-mail/VIN. that is my expectation.
I have a June order that just recently got scheduled, so I am realistically looking at 12-months from order to delivery. I'm not expecting perfection.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, agreed, it’s something I’m having checked Tuesday… it’s no longer new car break in or burn off smell. I can’t find any leaks poking around, but I haven’t laid under truck and taken off the “skid felt”… the level is ok on oil, so either it was spilled at factory/install, or something else… I did notice the white imprinting and wording on the drive belt/accessories belt was getting dark or soiled looking…. But it’s dry, never had a belt that had markings on it to tell this before…? So I’m watching closely till then. When I first got it I noticed a dribble/run of oil from the top left corner metal part of engine down to the top by belt. I wiped it up and nothing since….
The serpentine belt you mean? It should darken. it drives pulleys on both sides of the belt so theres no clean side.

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m also curious enough… that with tomorrow finally being nice and almost hitting 70F I may lay under the mav and remove the felt cover and see what I find… part of me hopes it’s just a little spill at factory… but the logical part of me knows that’s not a normal smell… a new clean engine bay should only smell like well…not much but clean new and warm plastic/metal lol sorry hard to explain. It just smells like the engine oil on the right side of the truck and sometimes if it’s windy after a drive I can smell it on driver side… it’s not the new car burn off smell. That happened and done I’m used to that smell. So I will update once I know more on that as well.
Ya please do! Definitely not normal.

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
I recently received the sound deadener that I will be applying along with my stereo upgrades. This whole ordeal is perfect timing as I haven't installed any of the sound mat yet, so I will start tonight by putting some in just the floorboard areas and kick panels and see how much of a difference that makes. I intend to do the doors and back panel but I'll simply do the front areas for now and report back. I'm anticipating that the sound deadener will yield a more noticeable difference than the insulators but that's just my initial assumption.
Here? Or a new thread? I want to track it to decide if or how much silencing mat to use.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At a stop light I thought to pop open my door to see what mine looks like — turns out it seemed loose and unmoored from its proper position. I forgot to mess with it once I got home. I’ll try to take pics/video tomorrow and see what both sides look like.

Sponsored

Geno

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 VW Tiguan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Ford will give a 3d print option to fill the gap. Ha

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s kind of crappy to not curse on here… but come on… I get cost cutting etc… but that’s such a basic cheap piece of item and it goes along way with noise and etc. if I find that most all of us have none… I just will try to put some in myself if I can maneuver such a thing lol.
I think the labor costs with the production costs with the stocking fees and all - every part they cut has a multiplied dollar reduction. This is how the truck is 19K and I'll take it!
Got to know what you're buying though and be willing to make mods yourself.

srender517

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Passport
Just checked mine and they are both there.

LAMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 MK2 Golf GTI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My driver side insulation has fallen forward, bit hard to reach from the door or from engine bay. Will take pictures.
Sponsored