First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was planning on getting the software update soon for the issue with hybrid braking at low speeds. The earlier TSB did not require a error code being thrown (as I understood it). It looks like this one does. So what happens if i have this issue but no error code? Am I missing something?

Ford Maverick New TSB for braking issue -- TSB 23-2059 (brakes grabbing removed) Maverick Brake TSB 1

Ford Maverick New TSB for braking issue -- TSB 23-2059 (brakes grabbing removed) Maverick Brake TSB 2
Sponsored

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
its the same as the previous tsb, BUT they separated the brake update from the EGR concern, which should have NEVER be on the same repair bulletin....

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wondering what’s going to happen when you have the braking issue without the light like most of us had/has. This one says it supersedes (or replaces) the original. Probably be even harder to get the update. Hopefully they will send out a new one for the grabby brakes under 6.2mph to clear everything up.

Had mine done a few weeks ago and still a world of difference from before.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can I ask where you are finding TSB's that new?

HRG
on Ford's OASIS system, they put out new tsbs and ssms, every morning - this is the same program as before, they just separated the EGR component and the brake concern - again, why they had TWO concerns within one bulletin, amazes me...

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they separated them, then is the grabby brake one using hte original number, or did it get a new number as well?

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wondering what’s going to happen when you have the braking issue without the light like most of us had/has. This one says it supersedes (or replaces) the original. Probably be even harder to get the update. Hopefully they will send out a new one for the grabby brakes under 6.2mph to clear everything up.

Had mine done a few weeks ago and still a world of difference from before.
You would refer to the earlier TSB that included the breaking issue..many dealers conveniently confused the issue by thinking that an error code was required to perform the software update to solve the brake issue.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can I ask where you are finding TSB's that new?

HRG
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Do not enter by VIN for TSBs, as that will only show recalls (and maybe TSBs that have already been applied). Use the "Vehicle" tab, and enter "2022 Ford Maverick". Click on the number under "Manufacturer Communications" for your model. At present, they are all 47, so Ford may just be filing them under Maverick regardless of engine or drive train.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes they removed this from the updated one, so good luck getting it done.

Ford Maverick New TSB for braking issue -- TSB 23-2059 (brakes grabbing removed) Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 8.06.16 PM

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You would refer to the earlier TSB that included the breaking issue..many dealers conveniently confused the issue by thinking that an error code was required to perform the software update to solve the brake issue.
The problem seems like they didn’t separate them, they replaced or superseded the earlier one. I could be reading the new tsb wrong, but if there is any confusion, the service dept will probably say that the original tsb is not valid and they need to use the new tsb and it only for the dash light or error code.

I could be wrong or reading too much into it.

Sponsored

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes they removed this from the updated one, so good luck getting it done.

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 8.06.16 PM.jpg
That’s my thought too. I would be hosed because the update 100% fixed the issues.

seems like owners are going to have to shop around for a service dept to get it done, because they won’t do it otherwise unless the EGR sensor is “compromised “ and throws a code, lol.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The previous tsb was 22-2493, which I had done to my truck....

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whew! I just had mine done last week. I took the truck in for this and the airbag recall. Airbag recall is waiting on parts. boo!!

NeedForSteve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Fusion 2.3; 2023 HPR XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This was likely done because a new brake-specific TSB is in the works. I saw several reports here from owners who said their brakes went back to grabbing after a short time, so it seems there's a good chance their initial reprogram fix wasn't 100%.

Most likely the brake TSB isn't gone, it's just being redone

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This was likely done because a new brake-specific TSB is in the works. I saw several reports here from owners who said their brakes went back to grabbing after a short time, so it seems there's a good chance their initial reprogram fix wasn't 100%.

Most likely the brake TSB isn't gone, it's just being redone
Had mine done on Jan.18th. Fixed nothing. Took it back in and they test drove it finding same problem.Service call Ford technical service for dealers. They were told to replace brake booster.Waiting on part.Wait time approximately 30 days.
Sponsored