First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To preface to situation, I've had issues with the brakes on my hybrid since day one (curently sitting at 18,400 miles). I had the brake TSB update performed a month or so ago, and while it has almost completely eliminated the abrupt "clunk" that was present, there's still an incredible amount of inconsistency with the response from the brakes. I test drove a used Escape Hybrid before the Maverick arrived to familiarize myself with Ford's hybrid system, and its brakes were both smooth, strong, and progressive - the Maverick shares none of those qualities per my experience. I had my dealer pull up my OASIS report, and it showed that the truck has lost communication with the ABS module twice in the last couple of months for some reason. Prior to the update, I also had the adaptive cruise completely shut off/fail when attempting to come to a stop behind the vehicle in front of me. I breifly saw a red screen pop up that disappeared too quickly for me to read, as I was too busy trying not to rear-end the vehicle in front of me, and then was unable to use the cruise control for the remainder of the drive. Everytime I would go to turn it on, I'd be greeted with a "Adaptive Cruise Control Unavailable" message. I truly don't know what the solution here is, but I figured it was worth the time to share that Ford still has a ways to go when it comes to the brake calibration on these hybrid Maverick's. The TSB was a good start, but I'm still left with a lack of confidence in the truck. I know what I signed up for when buying the first year of a new vehicle, but I guess I expected more based on the fact that it's based on such a proven system/platform. There's a LOT to love about the truck, and I have to admit that I feel pretty lucky that, in over 18k miles, I haven't experienced any major issues so far, but this "half-baked" feeling is definitely begining to wear on me.
Sponsored

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I agree with your comments . I too had my Maverick in the dealer for upgrade and would say it fixed about 60% of the problem ? My understanding is Mavericks are the only hybrid that has this problem ?? ( WHY ) Getting tired of the brakes grabbing . Not sure what I'm going to do just tired of it . Especially in the snow ā˜ƒā˜¹šŸ‘Ž

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To preface to situation, I've had issues with the brakes on my hybrid since day one (curently sitting at 18,400 miles). I had the brake TSB update performed a month or so ago, and while it has almost completely eliminated the abrupt "clunk" that was present, there's still an incredible amount of inconsistency with the response from the brakes. I test drove a used Escape Hybrid before the Maverick arrived to familiarize myself with Ford's hybrid system, and its brakes were both smooth, strong, and progressive - the Maverick shares none of those qualities per my experience. I had my dealer pull up my OASIS report, and it showed that the truck has lost communication with the ABS module twice in the last couple of months for some reason. Prior to the update, I also had the adaptive cruise completely shut off/fail when attempting to come to a stop behind the vehicle in front of me. I breifly saw a red screen pop up that disappeared too quickly for me to read, as I was too busy trying not to rear-end the vehicle in front of me, and then was unable to use the cruise control for the remainder of the drive. Everytime I would go to turn it on, I'd be greeted with a "Adaptive Cruise Control Unavailable" message. I truly don't know what the solution here is, but I figured it was worth the time to share that Ford still has a ways to go when it comes to the brake calibration on these hybrid Maverick's. The TSB was a good start, but I'm still left with a lack of confidence in the truck. I know what I signed up for when buying the first year of a new vehicle, but I guess I expected more based on the fact that it's based on such a proven system/platform. There's a LOT to love about the truck, and I have to admit that I feel pretty lucky that, in over 18k miles, I haven't experienced any major issues so far, but this "half-baked" feeling is definitely begining to wear on me.
The red screen was literally your collision warning system based on your description. Iā€™ve had it pop up a few times on me when Iā€™m not braking as I approach the rear of a vehicle turning in front of me because I know itā€™ll be out of the way.

As for the rest, I have a theory: Mavericks, unlike Escapes, are suffering from some kind of weird electronic gremlin, likely related to ground problems. Some are worse than others, and some are exhibiting totally different gremlins, but I really am starting to think itā€™s a thing. Let me explainā€¦

First, my truck has 19k miles and was delivered last Feb. In that time, the only problem Iā€™d complain about is the brake issue, and the TSB seems to have MOSTLY solved it. But I have also had very occasional phantom things happen. Once the stereo just didnā€™t power on. A few times Iā€™ve had the the horn ā€œbeep beepā€ for *no* reason after I turned it off and opened the door. Just odd things like that.

But if you really read the problem reports, youā€™ll see a LOT of different reports of just very strange things. Some of these things are simply not reproducible and completely random. And as an electronics engineer, it just feels weird to me and similar to what youā€™d see in a complex system like this withā€¦grounding and communication issues.

Thatā€™s all to say that I think the TSB mostly fixes the brake thing, but you likely have something entirely different going on as well.

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I should also add: I think this problem is not only random, but definitely *more* of a problem for some people than others. That is to say while I think my truck has had gremlins, they arenā€™t significant enough to worry about. But I think others are seeing MUCH more significant things that are concerning.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? Iā€™d like to look into this concern on my end.
Sponsored