Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh there’s definitely a few minor bugs still with the 1.9 software build, so far have had the system clock freeze on me and every once in a while while music is playing I’ll get kind of like a popping sound followed by the music stopping for a second and then continuing to play after that, doesn’t matter what source the music is coming from, also have had the rear view camera be a little glitchy where it will switch to the rear camera view and then back to the radio screen and then back to the rear camera view all within a few seconds…. Fortunately the system has never frozen on me and the glitches seem to be intermittent and far between so the system functions normally about 99% of the time
Update: well, finally happened and the system froze on me, interesting thing to note was that when mine did finally freeze, when I went to go do the soft reset I could feel some heat coming off the screen area almost as if the thing had overheated and might have caused the freezing
Sponsored

OP
OP
CenTexMav

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Update: well, finally happened and the system froze on me, interesting thing to note was that when mine did finally freeze, when I went to go do the soft reset I could feel some heat coming off the screen area almost as if the thing had overheated and might have caused the freezing
I have had to reseat my USB cable when the radio refuses to see my phone.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The heat was most likely from the wireless receiver trying to gobble up all that data coming in. Same thing happens with a cell phone getting hot if you are downloading a really large file that takes an extended time to download, or are watching a long YouTube Video/Netflix, etc....

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a MY23 Lariat Lux on order. Is there a prompt that pops up on the screen whenever an update is available, or will I need to manually check periodically?

Sponsored

OP
OP
CenTexMav

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a MY23 Lariat Lux on order. Is there a prompt that pops up on the screen whenever an update is available, or will I need to manually check periodically?
I never saw a prompt for an update... Even though there is a choice for auto updates. I just check periodically.

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never saw a prompt for an update... Even though there is a choice for auto updates. I just check periodically.
I don't even think auto-update works as the vehicle refuses to auto reconnect to the WiFi when parked in the garage overnight.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The update settings determine how the changes are made. I have mine set to automatically load updates. It’s being done over the cell connection. If you have Wi-Fi available in your truck (Which MY23 don’t have) it would come down over it.

The cell signal has to be descent and it takes longer then Wi-Fi obviously.

I believe you can have the dealer load the latest available during servicing or repair. They may do that anyway, but you might want to ask. As you can see from many of the posts out here there is a great deal of difference in how the dealerships operate.

mavmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have two mavericks one was updated to ver2. another cannot pull update. stock at G1.9.0.1 SAME wifi same internet connection. one is updating another is not. both of them connect and check version. version 2 works faster. more smooth. Question! Anyone have done an update via USB drive ? there must be an option to update via USB drive !?

Last edited:

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have two mavericks one was updated to ver2. another cannot pull update. stock at G1.9.0.1 SAME wifi same internet connection. one is updating another is not. both of them connect and check version. version 2 works faster. more smooth. Question! Anyone have done an update via USB drive ? there must be an option to update via USB drive View attachment 77579 !?
Ford hasn't made the update available as a public link. The only thing you'll find is versions for EU Ford vehicles with Sync 2.5/Lite, which I'm not sure if they'll work for the Maverick.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford hasn't made the update available as a public link. The only thing you'll find is versions for EU Ford vehicles with Sync 2.5/Lite, which I'm not sure if they'll work for the Maverick.
I wouldn't expect it to work, no. The Maverick Lariat lux has sync 3 and other trim levels have the abysmal Ford Audio.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My motto on systems like this and my Android phone is If it works, DON'T UPDATE.

I turned updates off on my Lariat Lux, I've had no issues after 8 months. Same with my Pixel 6 Pro. If there's bugs or features they remove, most likely you can't go back.

Now if they were to come out with a Sync 4 update for the Maverick I'd be interested. Most likely not happening or even possible.

Last edited:

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My motto on systems like this and my Android phone is If it works, DON'T UPDATE.

I turned updates off on my Lariat Lux, I've had no issues after 8 months. Same with my Pixel 6 Pro. If there's bugs or features they remove, most likely you can't go back.
While this is true. The idiom, Don't fix what's not broken, can apply to a lot things and is fine. Likewise, this type of thinking isn't sustainable, else we'd be stuck with infotainment systems without Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Well at least in my opinion.

Updating your phone generally includes security patches. I mean the point of having a Pixel is having the latest update, OS, and features from Google. Which is why I also have a Pixel 6 Pro.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Now if they were to come out with a Sync 4 update for the Maverick I'd be interested. Most likely not happening or even possible.
I mean if the system wasn’t freezing with the software that came with it I would agree, but I’ve never updated it since I got it and it’s freezing

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean if the system wasn’t freezing with the software that came with it I would agree, but I’ve never updated it since I got it and it’s freezing
The newest version freezes the least in my experience. You will see hitches here and there, but, I've only had to do a soft reset maybe 3-4 times since the update.

It does make Android Auto way more stable by reducing the amount of times you need to unplug and replug your phone.
Sponsored