Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gonna go out on a limb here... I betting you feel the same way about salad and imported beer.

Good for you!

Who cares about an EV I sure NEVER want one,. Plus the website has no information . Is there going to be a hybrid if not who cares.
Sponsored

Oh Weld

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250 , Maverick XL, Maverick XL AWD 4K(ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
VW making a Scout. Chuckle. No Thanks

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
VW Group owns all or part of Volkswagen, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, Porsche and Ducati.

They make vans, pickup trucks, SUVs, sports cars, sedans, hatchbacks, convertibles and motorcycles. Those vehicles offer gasoline, diesel, hybrid or electric power.

They can handle it.

VW making a Scout. Chuckle. No Thanks

Oh Weld

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250 , Maverick XL, Maverick XL AWD 4K(ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
VW Group owns all or part of Volkswagen, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, Porsche and Ducati.

They make vans, pickup trucks, SUVs, sports cars, sedans, hatchbacks, convertibles and motorcycles. Those vehicles offer gasoline, diesel, hybrid or electric power.

They can handle it.
good for them

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dad had a Scout II for a little while. It was already old and worn out though, didn't last long.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is a forum about the maverick NOT some EV you may want. hybrids and EV are not close to the same thing. Should I bring up the topic of how to fix my homes roof next?
Check which subforum you're in and who started the thread, sweaty. 😆

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me too. The hybrid Maverick will cover us on any trips I don't feel comfortable using an EV. My wife's next vehicle will be electric. Might be '24 or '25, as soon as she sees something she likes to replace her Toyota Highlander.
Good luck with the charging. Per the experts the electric grid can not handle the charging of electric cars with AC during the summer and electric heat in the winter. My self I will stay with gas until it runs out but that will not be in my life time. Electric has gone up 30% in my area of the country. I have not seen the cost to charge a battery. If you are on the road and you stop at a hotel and they have 3 or 4 chargers and they are all plugged up what do you do for a charge. It is not like chargers are on every corner.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I genuinely wish VW success. But I'm dubious. VW has botched the US market for the last 30+ years. They are huge worldwide, but they are generally perceived as an ongoing sales failure in the USA. Nobody says their vehicles are bad, just that they are not sales successes to a scope that reflects VW's gargantuan market share elsewhere.
Lets also not forget about their infamous emissions cheating and lying scandle. They lost my trust years ago.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lets also not forget about their infamous emissions cheating and lying scandle. They lost my trust years ago.
Funny, that. The fallout from "Diesel-gate" and subsequent penalties to VW are what created Electrify America, who then constructed the largest public (non-Tesla) DC fast-charging network in the US.

Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Funny, that. The fallout from "Diesel-gate" and subsequent penalties to VW are what created Electrify America, who then constructed the largest public (non-Tesla) DC fast-charging network in the US.
I have two hybrids and a PHEV. But will not be purchasing an EV. Don't have the patience for dealing with all the EV grid and charging issues.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A cheap run around EV might work for me. If I have to charge it anywhere but home, forget it. At some charging stations you might as well be buying gas for what they charge. Not to mention the lack of them. This could change in the long term future.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have two hybrids and a PHEV. But will not be purchasing an EV. Don't have the patience for dealing with all the EV grid and charging issues.
Definitely fair. The public charging issue is likely to get worse too, with the addition of many, many new full-electric models becoming available. Infrastructure is already relatively lacking and is slower (and more expensive) to rollout than a sexy new EV. There are a ton of resources being thrown into infrastructure development, but I wouldn't want to rely on it for my daily needs either. To my mind though, most people will (and should) do most of their charging at home, where it's cheaper and most convenient.

I'm super into the idea of the Scout, I think the Rivian is really cool, and I'd love if an EV Maverick existed. That said, I envision towing with my upcoming Maverick, which means an EV is pretty much out for now.

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like my Scouts made by International Harvester.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A cheap run around EV might work for me. If I have to charge it anywhere but home, forget it. At some charging stations you might as well be buying gas for what they charge. Not to mention the lack of them. This could change in the long term future.
It’s still a good decade away from being up and running and efficient travel for most Americans
Sponsored