2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ok, so I am in favor of more communication in regard to my unscheduled order, even if is not necessarily what I want to hear.

That being said, I wish that the information coming from @Ford Motor Company, the dealer base and the Maverick marketing team would be consistent and accurate.

My ordering dealer has told me two months in a row that my XLT Lux will not get built as a 22 unless I drop the lux pkg.

I stopped at a different dealer yesterday looking at a trade in comparable to my order. Ultimately, I decided not to pay $9k over sticker for a 2200 mile Maverick. Speaking to the sales manager, he said that all confirmed orders would eventually get built as 22s, and that I'd be better off waiting for my order.

Today, I called the Maverick marketing team and was assured that my order is "in processing" and will be built as a 22. She said that she had no idea why my dealer would tell me it would be rolled to a 23 and again said that it would be built this year.

Now this info comes out.

I am all for more communication if all the members of the Ford team is consistent.

I am a reasonable person, I understand that there are issues in the supply chain. I knew that there would be no ETA for my order.

Now though, with the order books closed, the allocation system out the window and a list of trucks to be built, order dates and the parts on hand or available in time for the 22 MY are known factors there need to be real consistent answers as to who will/won't get a truck this year as ordered. Someone knows the answer to this question and if they don't we are all in trouble.

Tell us the truth so we can make an informed decision based on accurate facts. It's not like the won't sell all they can make for the foreseeable future even if there are some defections. They haven't even advertised this vehicle or had any on the lot for the general public to buy.

Even if people buy something else in the meantime, I know I would be more likely to order again if I feel that I have been treated fairly and with honesty.

One of the survey questions after my call today was "I can trust the information I receive from Ford." How can you trust the FMC organization when you ask 4 different groups and get two or three different answers?
There is ZERO way for a dealer to know with certainty whether a particular order will or will not be built this model year. However, there ARE two potential incentives for them to TELL PEOPLE they will NOT be built:

1. It gets you off their back.

2. If the order IS built, and you refuse it because you bought a different vehicle elsewhere or just lost interest after being told your truck was not going to be built, they get to sell it to someone else at a $5,000-$10,000 ADM and pocket the extra cash.

So, unless a dealer has some actual integrity (rare in these days), there is no real incentive to string people along but real incentive to just flat-out lie to people and tell them the truck they ordered is not coming.
Sponsored

lastwgn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda MX-5, 2020 Mazda CX-5, 2001 Mazda MX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It has been so long since I carefully went over every detail of the truck to place an order that I have completely forgotten everything that is supposed to be included in the XLT Lux package. That said, I know that it was the only way to get heated seats, so there is no way I want the truck without that. Not here in the Northland of Minnesota!
Well, I took some time to review the details of the XLT Lux package. To be honest, there is nothing in that package that I would want to remove from the truck. That is why I ordered it that way. Everything from power heated seats to the power inverter, bed liner, and railings, it was/is an excellent package and value.

What I cannot for the life of me understand is how Ford marketing so underestimated the potential demand for this truck at this price point with the available content, such that the production side of the business was caught completely unprepared. Regardless of supply constraints and other nonsense, from what I understand they were not even close in projecting the mix of hybrid versus Ecoboost. With the way new products are studied and focus grouped ad nauseum, how could they have been caught so flatfooted?

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No email received so far today. Keeping fingers crossed.

Mdavidson213

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not wanting to sort through all the posts—has anyone received an email yet? Thanks!

Sponsored

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Dear Ford, don’t sell options you can’t build. Thanks for using up all the constrained parts on Sep/Oct orders last quarter instead of prioritizing summer orders.
Seriously, they finally decided to go in “order” but now they’ve given away a lot of the options to the more expensive eco boost orders. I’m a July order and if I can’t get the options I ordered, then I don’t get the car. I’ll wait another couple months at most.

MinnMavGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So in February, Ford sends a note to dealers telling them to contact customers about these issues.

Some apparently did. Many (including mine) did not.

At least FMC acknowledges the overall failings of Ford dealers.

BTW, did anyone get the new email yet?

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I had a XLT Lux Hybrid with Co-Pilot 360 ordered since July 9th. Three weeks ago I nixed the Co-pilot 360, and a week later my order was picked up. While the lux package is causing delays, I think the Co-Pilot 360 may be the main culprit.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Hybrid XLT Lux (included SIBL), Co-Pilot 360, Hard tri-fold tonneau cover and some other add ons and received my initial confirmation on Oct 11.

With the round of e-mails to Dealers to consult with customers that listed 10 things to review and change earlier, NOT A SINGLE specific set of conditions covered the combination that my selection of options required a change to attempt to meet this year's 2022 Cutoff.

My dealer and I took this to mean one of two things. One, My vehicle is within whatever parameters or some sort of a bracket that it is going to get made this year. Or Two, there was never any intention of making it to this year's cut off and rolling over to next MY23. That being said and review of The Dealer and I are hopeful.

As of Today I have not received any e-mails from Ford. At this time, just as before I do not plan on making any changes to my order at this time.

In the meantime it just means I am further along in payments on my current vehicle and will have more down when the day comes to buy the Maverick.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Hybrid XLT Lux (included SIBL), Co-Pilot 360, Hard tri-fold tonneau cover and some other add ons and received my initial confirmation on Oct 11.

With the round of e-mails to Dealers to consult with customers that listed 10 things to review and change earlier, NOT A SINGLE specific set of conditions covered the combination that my selection of options required a change to attempt to meet this year's 2022 Cutoff.

My dealer and I took this to mean one of two things. One, My vehicle is within whatever parameters or some sort of a bracket that it is going to get made this year. Or Two, there was never any intention of making it to this year's cut off and rolling over to next MY23. That being said and review of The Dealer and I are hopeful.

As of Today I have not received any e-mails from Ford. At this time, just as before I do not plan on making any changes to my order at this time.

In the meantime it just means I am further along in payments on my current vehicle and will have more down when the day comes to buy the Maverick.
You should strongly consider removing the tonneau cover, as it is currently constrained at 3% and can be ordered from (and installed by) the dealer after the fact. The combo of Hybrid/Lux/CP-360 (40%/14%/32% constrained, respectively), combined with late order date, is going to make it very tough to get yours scheduled as it is, but you could at least increase your odds by dropping the tonneau.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

ACTION REQUESTED
Please ensure your Consultants are aware of these communications going out to Maverick Unscheduled Retail Order Holders

SUMMARY
Good afternoon,

As was referenced in the previous maverick communication that went out February 21st, the combination of extraordinary demand and global supply constraints is delaying the scheduling of many 2022 model year Maverick retail orders. To support in customer communications, the attached crm email will be delivered to customers with unscheduled Maverick retail order customers tomorrow, April 13th.

Highlighted in the communication is the fact that orders with the optional Co-Pilot360™ package, XLT Luxury package, and Lariat Luxury package face the strongest constraints. Customers are advised to engage with their Ford dealer to review their order specifications and potential options to remove any constraining packages and/or features. A follow-up communication is planned to go out in June to any customers with retail orders that remain unscheduled.

mav.jpg
Please think about this MY22 will be built until mid October 2022… then they will set up MY23.. and just like that Ford will build Mavericks with Lux Packages, and Co pilot 360 and spray in bed liners because in October those will magically appear! Judge Judy said it best… don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Ford sales forecasters and model designers screwed up big time. Heated seats can be put in without a buying a lux package.. sibl, stand alone.. copilot, stand alone.. should have been like a Chinese Restaurant menu… a little if column A and a little of column B. Ford means Whorism in Klingon.. which most Ford dealers speak… except Tim, he uses a translater and speaks the truth. We like Tim.

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should strongly consider removing the tonneau cover, as it is currently constrained at 3% and can be ordered from (and installed by) the dealer after the fact. The combo of Hybrid/Lux/CP-360 (40%/14%/32% constrained, respectively), combined with late order date, is going to make it very tough to get yours scheduled as it is, but you could at least increase your odds by dropping the tonneau.
My Dealership and I considered that but it's one of those things where we just don't want to mess with things. If I had known more going into the order about ordering the Tonneau on the side and installing it after I should have. But what is done is done. At the time my Jeep Renegade was having warranty work getting done at that time. Much of my motivation is trying to get away from this dealership (the Renegade was my 3rd brand new car purchased from them) and start a better relationship with a good dealership.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So in February, Ford sends a note to dealers telling them to contact customers about these issues.

Some apparently did. Many (including mine) did not.

At least FMC acknowledges the overall failings of Ford dealers.
This was exactly my thought when I saw the draft email. It basically showing that Ford first tried to get dealers to do this notification/work for them, then saw really low percentages of orders being modified as a result of the "ask" of dealers. Realized they needed to go direct to order holders with this message since the dealers did not. Kind of crazy if you ask me that it came to this point.
Sponsored