First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I remove constrained items, then it will NOT be the truck I ordered.
Hey Micheal, what do you think the upcoming June communications will be about? Has your dealer reached out to you concerning your build?
[/QUOTE]
Probably the new constraints on the '23 Mavs and and new price increases, and asking how big my coffin will be if needed by the time I actually get a truck.
Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, well when my wife got her 2017 Subaru.... blah, blah, blah.

My Toyota Tacoma never had any... blah, blah, blah.

Why does Ford hate me!?
Itā€˜s because you buy Subarus and Toyotas. Have you no loyalties?

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ACTION REQUESTED
Please ensure your Consultants are aware of these communications going out to Maverick Unscheduled Retail Order Holders

SUMMARY
Good afternoon,

As was referenced in the previous maverick communication that went out February 21st, the combination of extraordinary demand and global supply constraints is delaying the scheduling of many 2022 model year Maverick retail orders. To support in customer communications, the attached crm email will be delivered to customers with unscheduled Maverick retail order customers tomorrow, April 13th.

Highlighted in the communication is the fact that orders with the optional Co-Pilot360ā„¢ package, XLT Luxury package, and Lariat Luxury package face the strongest constraints. Customers are advised to engage with their Ford dealer to review their order specifications and potential options to remove any constraining packages and/or features. A follow-up communication is planned to go out in June to any customers with retail orders that remain unscheduled.

mav.jpg
I want my Maverick precisely the way I ordered it! I guess the waiting game gets longer.

Jacques_rock

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a 21yr old kid whos buying his first car I was really excited when I saw the maverick. It was just inside of my budget and had all the things I wanted, I speced my XLT with lux and 360 and put my deposit in. I was first told to expect a December build date (Ordered Oct 5) when I ordered, then it was absolute radio silence from my dealer. I get all my news from this site and I'm so worried when it comes to pricing if I'll even be able to afford it anymore when the time comes to buy it and they might hike the prices. My only saving grace is that my close friend's dad is the sales manager, and even that isn't getting me far.

Honestly, this has really put a horrible taste in my mouth and I'll most likely never buy a ford again. All these horror stories from different dealers nationwide... What a horribly managed company, with no communication whatsoever. Ford really needs to get a handle on its dealerships and chain of communication.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Amazing how a clearly stated message at the very beginning impacts perception.

My Salesman stated on 9-21-2021, well before all the ā€˜no deposit/non-binding paperworkā€™ was completed, that ā€œItā€™s going to be 6-9 months for this build and thatā€™s if there are no supply glitchesā€.

So Iā€™ve Been figuring ā€˜end of summerā€™ from the very beginning, w/o angst, hand wringing or complaint.

That said, the order will stay as entered, no changes, knowing the order is filled with land mines thatā€™ll likely delay the build.

As stated months ago (somewhere within this Forum) this could become one of ā€œthose vehiclesā€ for a future Mecum Auto auction: ā€œThis next beauty is the rare ā€˜22 Maverick that was originally ordered inā€™21, rolled to ā€˜23 and was built with these heavily constrained Ford Tough options you see here. Note the Ford Oval logo on the factory original Spray In Bed Linerā€¦ā€.

Gotta write a note to get more popcorn!

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you work for Ford?

Work in the Fabrication market and none of my suppliers use this system or strategy.
Itā€™s pretty well known that the auto industry used JIT. I donā€™t know about the ā€œfabrication industryā€, whatever that is.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
fords response is glacial like
Damned if they do and damned if they don't. Do you think they are intentionally not providing info? They most likely can't get definite details from suppliers, so how can they provide updated info to their customers?

Sponsored

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
If Ford was more concerned about getting vehicles to customers as they ordered them, this is what they should do as regards the CoPilot360 package.

IT DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY ADDITIONAL CHIPS TO ACTIVATE LANE KEEPING AID & ASSIST ā€” IT JUST REQUIRES THE FACTORY TO CHANGE A FEW DIGITS IN THE IMAGE PROCESSING MODULE! This has been proven in the Forscan thread of this website. The Blind Spot Information System does require additional chip modules on the left and right sides. Ford then should build all orders with the CoPilot package with wire harnesses and mounting brackets for later dealership installation of the BLIS modules.

Moreover, the XLT Luxury Package DOES NOT USE ANY MORE CHIP MODULES THAN A BASE XL OR XLT. Again this has been demonstrated and confirmed in the Forscan thread. Since the XLT Lux does not use any more chips than the base XL or XLT, the chip shortage is not a valid excuse. What you really have to do it replace option 54L, the original XLT Luxury Package with spray-in bed liner, with option 54B, the new XLT Luxury Package with drop-in bed liner.

The Lariat Luxury Package requires 6 additional chip modules: APIM for Sync 3, CCM for adoptive cruise control, DSP for B&O audio, PAM for rear parking sensors, RTM for Sync3 transceiver, and WACM for wireless charging; so you really have a wait for all that.

So I am not sure if what you are saying is true about the XLT Luxury package is true, I certainly hope that it is.

That would mean that my DIBL Lux pack truck, and many others are being held up from scheduling due to bed cleat tie downs?

That was the latest constraint the dealer was holding up my order.

Hey Ford, the dealers can install bed tie downs when available or just ship them directly to me, I can bolt them in myself.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Highlighted in the communication is the fact that orders with the optional Co-Pilot360ā„¢ package, XLT Luxury package, and Lariat Luxury package face the strongest constraints. Customers are advised to engage with their Ford dealer to review their order specifications and potential options to remove any constraining packages and/or features. A follow-up communication is planned to go out in June to any customers with retail orders that remain unscheduled.
If I remove constrained items, then it will NOT be the truck I ordered.
[/QUOTE]
Or want.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll wait on what I ordered. XLT Lux/co pilot 360, FWD 2.0 EB. Kinda an oddball of mix of not being AWD but an EB. Obviously by that point the SIBL had been substituted with the DIBL. At the date I ordered a few days prior to them cutting off the order bank in late January it should be interesting. Not in a rush or immediate need for it but I certainly can understand a lot of your alls frustration especially if you need something soon.

Ive mentioned before I work next to a medium/large? size dealership and see anywhere between one to even a group of five (once) all at once arrive there fresh off the car hauler truck every week or so. In fact one showed up today.....a hot pepper red XLT EB FWD non lux/non 360. All of them have had retail special order stickers in the window in addition to the regular sticker. They seem to be a mix of different trim levels, engines, AWD vs FWD, option packages, etc. XLs, XLTs with and without lux and/or 360, a few lariats....No real rhyme of reason to it that I can see.

BarrelProofMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT / Catcus / Lux / FX4 / 4K
Imagine ordering something the way you want. Paying good money. Traditional car loans being 5yrs (they discuss car loan terms in months to marginalize how long this truly is). So youā€™ve planned 60, possibly 72months, of your own life paying for a vehicle. Huge step right?

However now youā€™re told that you canā€™t have the comfort of heated seats. You canā€™t have that heated leather that you canā€™t live without because you tried it once with that bare bones sports car with that vinyl arthritis injecting steering wheel and thought never again. You know what sports car Iā€™m talking about, trying to save a buck for power.

Just remember when someone asks you to do something itā€™s better for them, not you. Sure you may get a vehicle that youā€™ve been waiting for, but is it exactly what youā€™ve been waiting for and planning to pay for 5-6yrs of your life?

Iā€™ll wait on my Sept order. Lux, bed extender, and all. Life is too short to give up on something you want when itā€™s your hard earned cash thatā€™s flipping the bill.