Sponsored

My rear seat 12v socket died - what should I be looking for?

Kofad

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just noticed that the 12v socket in the back's not working when my kids went to charge their tablets.

I took a glance at the manual and I think I'm looking at fuse #71; a 20 amp seems about right. I've checked the box and they're the square type. I've never messed with that type of fuse before. Do I need a puller? I can't visually tell if it's blown, and it looks like the cover prevents me from probing for continuity. Any tips? Can I just yank it and replace it?

I'm not exactly sure why it blew. That's another concern, but it happened around the time of a camping trip where I had an aging portable cooler plugged in, so that may be the culprit.

I'm assuming this wouldn't be covered by the dealer, since I'm likely the one that did the blowin's ups.
Sponsored

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can swap it with another fuse to test. Pull with needle nose pliers. There are 2 test points for test light on each fuse.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Theres a tester you can buy to check without pulling or you can check continuity with a multimeter
You can swap it with another fuse to test. Pull with needle nose pliers. There are 2 test points for test light on each fuse.
Underhood fuse #71 would be a JCASE fuse, so no test points unless you pop the clear plastic cover off.

Sponsored

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just noticed that the 12v socket in the back's not working when my kids went to charge their tablets.

I took a glance at the manual and I think I'm looking at fuse #71; a 20 amp seems about right. I've checked the box and they're the square type. I've never messed with that type of fuse before. Do I need a puller? I can't visually tell if it's blown, and it looks like the cover prevents me from probing for continuity. Any tips? Can I just yank it and replace it?

I'm not exactly sure why it blew. That's another concern, but it happened around the time of a camping trip where I had an aging portable cooler plugged in, so that may be the culprit.

I'm assuming this wouldn't be covered by the dealer, since I'm likely the one that did the blowin's ups.
Your grandma was charging her phone with it and it blew - warranty.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AutoZone might check it for you

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious why you don't take it to the dealer?
Are you over 60k and out of warranty?
Base warranty is 3/36. Not 60K. And yes the dealer should be the go to

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Underhood fuse #71 would be a JCASE fuse, so no test points unless you pop the clear plastic cover off.
Ok, good point... pull that fuse and visually inspect for blown. if so Take that fuse and get a new one @ parts store. Retest.

Last edited:
Sponsored

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There should be a fuse puller in the fuse box.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fuse #71 is for the rear console power point. What is the fuse # for the dash power point?

I don't see it listed. Is it #72 "media bin power point"?

My42waffles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150 powerboost lariat 20 fusion titanium hybri
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There should be a fuse puller in the fuse box.
The mavericks come with a fuse puller?? I thought ford stopped putting those in vehicles years ago.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The mavericks come with a fuse puller?? I thought ford stopped putting those in vehicles years ago.
I wasn’t aware of that. My Cherokee has one. I thought all vehicles had one.