2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
An open letter to Ford CEO Jim Farley:

For context, I am the regretful owner of a 2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium. When I first bought the car, it seemed great, but after a few years the issues began. HVAC actuators breaking, leather wearing prematurely and the infamous PowerShift transmission that goes through clutch packs like tires. I swore I'd never buy another Ford.

My fiancé and I began searching for a new car in September of 2022 as my Fiesta was needing maintenance that would cost more than the value of the car (timing belt, suspension work, etc). We spent a few weekends test driving cars and we were about to settle on a Kia Seltos. The salesman said it would take around 4 months for delivery. We went home to sleep on it then I saw the Ford Maverick on the internet. I was intrigued with it. AWD, crew cab and 29MPG? That's better than some of the SUVs we looked at. I wrote off getting a truck because I do 100 miles a day. And all this for $30k? I was willing to give Ford a second chance. Only thing that worried me was the size, so I waited until a local dealer had one that I could test drive. After the test drive, I was sold. My dealer told me 4-6 months for delivery. It would be close, but I figured I could keep my car going for that long.

I ordered my Maverick November 1st. It was the first car I ever custom ordered. I ordered it with the FX4, 4K towing and Luxury packages. I was impressed with the quality of spray-in bed liner and the value of the Luxury package. I ordered my truck with a tonneau cover, because if there was an issue with it, I wanted to go to any dealer for service. I was unaware of any constraints when I ordered my truck. The dealer simply told me 4-6 months. I was planning on having the truck for summer.

Two weeks later, I received a call from my dealer. I was told that the spray-in bed liner was causing a delay with my order and that I should switch to the drop-in version. I never saw the drop-in in person and I was hesitant because older liners would cause truck beds to rust out prematurely. I held off changing my order until January. I was never told the tonneau cover was causing any delay.

Fast-forward to March and my truck is still unscheduled. Based on the dates being reported on MaverickTruckClub.com and Reddit, my truck would arrive well past the six month timeframe I was quoted. I was borrowing my fiancé's car whenever possible to avoid additional wear on my car, hoping to keep it alive until my truck arrived. Meanwhile, I was seeing similarly equipped trucks to mine that were ordered in December and January being scheduled.

The next five months was a hellscape of me arguing with my dealer, watching later orders get scheduled, zero meaningful communication and worrying about my car leaving me stranded. Ford continued to send emails saying that my truck would be scheduled as soon as possible, even after my dealer said I would be pushed to 2023. My dealer blamed the allocation system, saying that their orders just weren't getting scheduled and that there was nothing they could do. I resigned myself to having to wait until 2023 and scheduled my car to have the long-delayed service done.

Then this past week, something happened that I would never have expected. I saw a post where someone who ordered in January from my dealership with a similar build got scheduled. I contacted Ford via chat and found out I had a build date and VIN. I was ecstatic! I told my step-daughter that since we were fixing my car she could have it in December when my truck finally arrived.

Then the next day I checked the tracker and my order was completely wrong. It was a hybrid with completely different options. I called Ford and found out that they gave me the wrong order info. After ten months of waiting, they couldn't even take a second and double check before they sent me someone else's information? I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that one would call me back in two days. I have received no phone call as of writing this. All my hopes were raised and destroyed by your company within a matter of days.

I don't know what kind of company you are running Mr. Farley, but it is not one that I will be doing business with. Ford has strung me along for ten months now. They have told me that my truck will be built, even when it became clear that it will not. The only reasoning I can assume from this is that your company just wanted to keep me from buying from your competition. This shows me that Ford has not changed since I owned my Fiesta. Ford is still mismanaged and only cares about squeezing their customer while giving them the bare minimum.

So instead of losing a customer for a vehicle because you couldn't be honest with your timeframes and inability to deliver a vehicle, you will lose one for life. I will never buy another Ford, and I will be vocally against any of my friends and family buying one.
Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
😪

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Another Open Letter!

o_O

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

For context, I am the regretful owner of a 2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium. When I first bought the car, it seemed great, but after a few years the issues began. HVAC actuators breaking, leather wearing prematurely and the infamous PowerShift transmission that goes through clutch packs like tires. I swore I'd never buy another Ford.

My fiancé and I began searching for a new car in September of 2022 as my Fiesta was needing maintenance that would cost more than the value of the car (timing belt, suspension work, etc). We spent a few weekends test driving cars and we were about to settle on a Kia Seltos. The salesman said it would take around 4 months for delivery. We went home to sleep on it then I saw the Ford Maverick on the internet. I was intrigued with it. AWD, crew cab and 29MPG? That's better than some of the SUVs we looked at. I wrote off getting a truck because I do 100 miles a day. And all this for $30k? I was willing to give Ford a second chance. Only thing that worried me was the size, so I waited until a local dealer had one that I could test drive. After the test drive, I was sold. My dealer told me 4-6 months for delivery. It would be close, but I figured I could keep my car going for that long.

I ordered my Maverick November 1st. It was the first car I ever custom ordered. I ordered it with the FX4, 4K towing and Luxury packages. I was impressed with the quality of spray-in bed liner and the value of the Luxury package. I ordered my truck with a tonneau cover, because if there was an issue with it, I wanted to go to any dealer for service. I was unaware of any constraints when I ordered my truck. The dealer simply told me 4-6 months. I was planning on having the truck for summer.

Two weeks later, I received a call from my dealer. I was told that the spray-in bed liner was causing a delay with my order and that I should switch to the drop-in version. I never saw the drop-in in person and I was hesitant because older liners would cause truck beds to rust out prematurely. I held off changing my order until January. I was never told the tonneau cover was causing any delay.

Fast-forward to March and my truck is still unscheduled. Based on the dates being reported on MaverickTruckClub.com and Reddit, my truck would arrive well past the six month timeframe I was quoted. I was borrowing my fiancé's car whenever possible to avoid additional wear on my car, hoping to keep it alive until my truck arrived. Meanwhile, I was seeing similarly equipped trucks to mine that were ordered in December and January being scheduled.

The next five months was a hellscape of me arguing with my dealer, watching later orders get scheduled, zero meaningful communication and worrying about my car leaving me stranded. Ford continued to send emails saying that my truck would be scheduled as soon as possible, even after my dealer said I would be pushed to 2023. My dealer blamed the allocation system, saying that their orders just weren't getting scheduled and that there was nothing they could do. I resigned myself to having to wait until 2023 and scheduled my car to have the long-delayed service done.

Then this past week, something happened that I would never have expected. I saw a post where someone who ordered in January from my dealership with a similar build got scheduled. I contacted Ford via chat and found out I had a build date and VIN. I was ecstatic! I told my step-daughter that since we were fixing my car she could have it in December when my truck finally arrived.

Then the next day I checked the tracker and my order was completely wrong. It was a hybrid with completely different options. I called Ford and found out that they gave me the wrong order info. After ten months of waiting, they couldn't even take a second and double check before they sent me someone else's information? I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that one would call me back in two days. I have received no phone call as of writing this. All my hopes were raised and destroyed by your company within a matter of days.

I don't know what kind of company you are running Mr. Farley, but it is not one that I will be doing business with. Ford has strung me along for ten months now. They have told me that my truck will be built, even when it became clear that it will not. The only reasoning I can assume from this is that your company just wanted to keep me from buying from your competition. This shows me that Ford has not changed since I owned my Fiesta. Ford is still mismanaged and only cares about squeezing their customer while giving them the bare minimum.

So instead of losing a customer for a vehicle because you couldn't be honest with your timeframes and inability to deliver a vehicle, you will lose one for life. I will never buy another Ford, and I will be vocally against any of my friends and family buying one.
Did you actually send a letter to Mr. Farley, or just posting it here? If you want any action, it needs to be sent to him directly. Posting it here isn’t going to get you any results.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you owned one Ford car that was terrible and decided for your next car you'd also get a Ford?

This is not how I work. But it is interesting to read about.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let’s all take a moment to not care and move on.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick My Ford Experience™ 1662232830544

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you actually send a letter to Mr. Farley, or just posting it here? If you want any action, it needs to be sent to him directly. Posting it here isn’t going to get you any results.
That's literally the best thing he could do. He needs to get on the ford regional's radar. They can bump his priority.

I wrote a roughly similar letter to ford CS dept and eventually got a reply after about a month.. Once they replied I had a case number assigned and dropped that every time I contacted them. I called and chatted several times and eventually got a VIN.

Late october order been driving it for a month. Similar build XLT not lariat.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool story bro!!!!

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel sorry for this person and felt the same way when Ford had that Pinto fiasco. But then 2015 came, needed a vehicle, Ford dealer gave me a lease deal I couldn't resist and now I'm purchasing my 3rd Ford. Never say never.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There was also a Ford Explorer fiasco more recently with roll overs supposedly caused by faulty tires (Goodyear Wranglers IIRC). That actually led to changing from solid rear axle to IRS to prevent future similar issues. In this case, there wasn't any vehicle problems, just somebody unable to navigate the new normal of ordering/buying a new vehicle and taking it personally when things go sideways, IMO.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. A customer service worker accidentally gave you the wrong vin. Oh, the humanity! Get a grip. You ordered relatively late and haven't been scheduled yet. You are far from alone. Your dealership isn't necessarily well versed in post-covid, post-Ukrainian invasion, international supply chains....
Sponsored