First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima, Tahoe, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You sound very calm about it, I would be flipping out, I would be outside that dealer with a sign DONT BUY A CAR HERE !!!! until you get some satisfaction, as long as you're on a public sidewalk its perfectly legal. If you don't get satisfaction post the dealers name in as many places as you can find.
I think I was initially "deer in the headlights", but now that I've stewed for a few days I am now moving into the real pissed off phase. I think I'm going to see what they'll offer to correct their f**k-up and go from there...

OP
OP
Rickerl401

Rickerl401

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima, Tahoe, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you receive a signed build sheet?
I did sign an order sheet, but they never gave me a copy - receipt for $500 deposit and did get a sales & order code numbers.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just found out that my hybrid order was never formally placed by the dealership! I placed the order and gave them a $500 deposit back in early August, but they never "finalized" it. Of course Ford won't take any more hybrid orders until next summer, so I am basically f**ked!
Considering my options:
1.) They'll give me my deposit back and I am back to square one.
2.) I can wait and see if a customer ends up canceling their hybrid order and I step in.
3.) I order with an ecoboost engine and they say they can get me a higher priority code.

I am kind of leaning toward #3. Obviously it's more $$$ and lower mpg, but need to calm down a bit before I decide.
Has anyone been unhappy with going with the ecoboost engine option? And did you upgrade to the AWD and do you think that is was worth the bang for the extra buck?
Option 1 and FIND A DIFFERENT DEALER!

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I was initially "deer in the headlights", but now that I've stewed for a few days I am now moving into the real pissed off phase. I think I'm going to see what they'll offer to correct their f**k-up and go from there...
This is my favorite phase....

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I hope this helps. I have been searching for one since I have lots of time to look lol. I have found 1 Lariat and I bought an XLT. I am planning on selling the XLT since it will have under 1000 miles on it. Cargurus has been helpful but just expect to be calling a lot of dealers and if they do have what you want, you will need to go ideally in 24 hours.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Am sure that's the way to approach this problem but I always get hot first, I keep forgetting am not a kid anymore. You were waiting a long time for something that was never coming. I have only been waiting 3 months on an eco-boost and won't have a vehicle to drive in March so I probably would be going to jail if it happened to me.

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did sign an order sheet, but they never gave me a copy - receipt for $500 deposit and did get a sales & order code numbers.
If you have all of this then you likely have a leg to stand on. Call ford get them the info and all these numbers have them get the dealer on the phone and show up with (figurative) guns blazing

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
It's hilarious how many people think they could march into a car dealership, play Perry Mason for 15 minutes and "force the sales manager" to sell you a super high demand vehicle at less than market price.

Like "you better sell me a 2023 hybrid at 2022 hybrid MSRP pricing with no dealer fee... or else!"

Or else, what? A bad Yelp review?

You have ZERO leverage, none.

Even if the sales manager WANTED to give you a no profit deal on a Maverick Hybrid, he'd still have to get approval from HIS boss to throw away thousands of $$$ potential profit ona super hot vehicle. Not gonna happen.

Time to move on.

Sponsored

MikeYork5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What dealer was this? Brandon Ford, Brandon FL consists of nothing more than CLASS 1 certified ID10Ts... I really, really want to use profanity... alas it is not kind.
Yeah, the number #1 Ford Dealership in the country is staffed with nothing but idiots.....Hmmmmmm....interesting -

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, the number #1 Ford Dealership in the country is staffed with nothing but idiots.....Hmmmmmm....interesting -
I was using IDIOTs as not to be rude... Their arrogance is unbelievable... Opinions... are like the south juncture of the legs to the trunk...

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope never a confirmation from Ford either. Probably should have been a red flag early on.
If you have an order number, dealer code go to chat feature. Once chatting takes about 5 minutes to get an answer.

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
I'd call Ford 800 number before deciding.

I just called an hour ago just ONLY to find out if my dealer I placed an order with, was actually placed. When the super nice Ford lady answered and I gave her all my info, she said OMG I've never seen this before. I'm think OH sh!t something is wrong. But it was the total opposite. I placed my order with my dealer 12/13/2021, it was accepted by Ford 12/16/2021. I already have a VIN#. :) She gave me Ford tracking website and the VIN #, I just looked and yup its on there. I was floored and she was super excited for me. She kept saying over and over "I've never seen this before". She also said to contact my dealer to get my build date. I realize its still a long wait probably April, but it was a stress relief just knowing.

OP
OP
Rickerl401

Rickerl401

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima, Tahoe, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I felt and believed what you do, I'd DEFINITELY go to a different dealer. If you think they stuck you, why would you give them the order??
Yeah that thought has crossed my mind, more than once - got to see it through in terms of ultimately how they propose to rectify this...
Sponsored