First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mav2Scamp Thank you for lead to fordvideoguy. Things might have been brought back in line over the last few days with a call to the New Vehicle support line and an in-person meeting with the numbers guy at the dealership. Have confirmed order is within Ford system and priority is retail at level 19. Just waiting for the order to move from "Order Confirmed" to "Scheduled for Production". For me it is week 22 from date of order.
🙏🏾 Amen
Sponsored

Heather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Maverick XLT hybrid on September 13th. I have an email from Ford same day confirming they have received my order and I have been working to get paperwork from my dealership to confirm option changes made in mid November. I spoke with my sales person two days ago and she said she would confirm options ordered. I wrote her today to follow-up. She just sent me an email saying she regretted to inform me the dealership is unable to fill my order for a 2022 Maverick and they would send back my deposit and I could order a 2023 Maverick. I've had two conversations directly with Ford support people over the past three weeks and confirmed my order was received and would be filled. Why would a dealership send a note like that to a customer and what could be driving this arbitrary decision to back away from an order they accepted and was submitted, deposit paid, well before Ford stopped taking orders for the Maverick. This doesn't smell right and I'm looking for advice and leads to people at Ford who can help make sense of this out-of-the-blue and upsetting behavior. It's always something.
I also ordered xlt- but 9/4/21. Talked with dealer today (Tuesday 2-8-22) just to see if there was anything I should drop to move up/speed up production. Was told it was too late to make any changes and that I would most likely be getting a 2023 and my order would just be converted b/c ford was making that decision, not my dealership.

OP
OP

Mbr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I also ordered xlt- but 9/4/21. Talked with dealer today (Tuesday 2-8-22) just to see if there was anything I should drop to move up/speed up production. Was told it was too late to make any changes and that I would most likely be getting a 2023 and my order would just be converted b/c ford was making that decision, not my dealership.
Heather Yeah too late to make changes...but after you ordered your Maverick in September, did Ford send you an email confirming receipt of your order? Try calling Ford's new Vehicle Support Team, 1-800-334-4375 and see if your order is in their system. My dealer passed along some nonsense about Ford not making hybrid motors until late this summer, which Ford strongly disagreed with, but is still disorienting information to hear. I am still at the "Order Confirmed " level and waiting to go to next level, " Scheduled for Production." Calling the Ford people might give you a more optimistic read on the situation of your order than your dealer is offering.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t understand how you can afford to drive if you don’t understand punctuation.
While his grammar and punctuation drive me crazy, your comment is really uncalled for.

I have multiple patents (I/T related), but I can assure you I’ve met people with bad punctuation who are considerably smarter than I am (and likely you are) and have made a great life for themselves.

OP
OP

Mbr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
While his grammar and punctuation drive me crazy, your comment is really uncalled for.

I have multiple patents (I/T related), but I can assure you I’ve met people with bad punctuation who are considerably smarter than I am (and likely you are) and have made a great life for themselves.
Toomanyvehicles thank you for continuing the tradition of informational and emotional support for this forums Maverick truck enthusiasts though I tend to agree with KenT. Throughout my life I have always written with little regard to punctuation. I write like I talk and my focus is on content and working to define an emotion or the many layers of a situation or idea. I am from a white board culture and I suppose I've become too reliant on staff to edit my work. At any rate this thread has revealed two truths. We are all ardent supporters of the Maverick and I am clearly not the sharpest bulb in the drawer. I hope everyone gets their truck soon. Enjoy the day. #I wantmyMaverick