First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck with your new Maverick! I ordered mine September 29th, I'm hoping to get it by May or June.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my Cyber Orange Hybrid Maverick XLT from Moyer Ford Sales in Foley, Alabama on Saturday morning (Feb. 12). First, my glowing review of the dealer, followed by first impressions of driving it around town for the day.

I was extremely impressed with the paperwork process and the dealer experience there. They never charged an ADM nor a deposit when I ordered back on June 29. After it arrived, we worked out the preliminary paperwork and financing over the phone. The Maverick was purchased for the nonprofit I founded 9 years ago so we had to work through a couple of corporate hiccups since it was reserved under my own name. However, in the end, got the truck for 36 months at 0.9% interest despite the nonprofit never having applied for credit anywhere before. All this was being handled while the spray-in bedliner was being done offsite at a third-party place for the original $495 price from Ford.

Saturday morning the truck was sparkling and ready to go. The FITS bonus kit box lying on the rear seat. I checked out the truck then went to sign all the paperwork. We chatted a lot so that took 30 minutes or thereabouts. There was NO upsell on any ridiculous items, just the typical extended warranty, service plan, and paintless dent repair/tire repair/glass repair protection. (I went ahead and purchased the last item, and may get the others later from the dealer since they've been so great.) I had the X-Plan and the dealer took that with no problem. Saved more than expected there as they wiped out the ENTIRE documentation fee (which at their dealership is only $275 anyway.) The one thing I don't think anyone has mentioned about the X-Plan so far is that you have to sign a document agreeing not to sell the Maverick for six months. No biggie there.

Paperwork in hand, Alaina (their internet sales rep), set my door entry code and helped get the FordPass app activated with the truck. The only glitch in the whole process is that I briefly thought the upper rear seatbacks were not snapping back into place after being lowered. Lesson learned you've got to use some force to get the latch to activate and hold them in place.

From there, I drove home my Maverick. It had less than 10 miles and was showing 30 mpg with a range of 322 when I got in it. By the end of the day cruising around town, I was at 97 miles, getting 40.9 mpg and a range of 392 miles. I found that quite funny that I had increased the range by nearly as many miles as I had driven it. So yes, it will take a while for the computer to figure everything out and start giving actual true numbers.

Interior comfort is nice. Not luxury ride quality, but for $26,007 I certainly can't complain. The Maverick drives and handles very much like a car. The vehicle is much quieter than I expected. The front interior space is more spacious than a Prius. Everything seemed to work just as it should so far. The interior plastic panels are pretty cool actually. The textures are much more interesting to touch than I anticipated.

The engine compartment has a lot more free space under the hood than I expected. A lot more plastic parts than I'd normally like to see in an engine bay, but as long as the engine is dependable, so be it.

The engine and eCVT are smooth as silk and the Maverick has a tight turn radius. The spin knob to select gears will take time to get 100% acclimated to, as well the CP360 features and rear-view camera (all new to me). The rearview mirror can be raised up for those who think it is too low by default.

The legroom for the rear seats is tighter than I thought it would be, but I had both front seats pushed all the way back. Move them forward a few inches, and the legroom becomes acceptable for passengers. The under-seat storage bins are cool to have, but not near as spacious as some might expect.

The fit and finish of the truck overall are very, very good. Yet to find any blemishes anywhere, and I've looked hard a couple of different times.

Lastly, the Cyber Orange paint is wicked cool! It always seems to be a different shade of yellow or orange every time you look at it. The pearl coat and metallic flakes in the paint really make it sparkle too. No chance of ever losing this truck in a parking lot as it stands out among a sea of white, silver, and black vehicles.

I'll be adding the smoke hood deflector and maybe some stainless steel touches here and there (I once owned a DeLorean so have a fondness for brushed stainless steel accessories). The 4.5-foot truck bed with the 10 tie-down points has impressed my bigger-truck friends and colleagues. And everyone ends up liking the Cyber Orange color after a few minutes of staring at it.

While parked the first day, someone did stop and ask to look at it, which I happily obliged. I've also noticed the cars driving through the neighborhood slowing down to gaze at the Maverick.

A friend of mine who has four Ford Lightnings and a Tesla Cybertruck reservEd for his business has even had himself put on the call list at the dealer on the rare chance a hybrid goes unclaimed.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the Maverick and consider it perhaps the last remaining bargain in this over-inflated car market right now. I only wish I had ordered more than one, so I could resell the others for a profit. LOL

tl;dr I had a painless experience with Moyer Ford in Foley, Alabama, and highly recommend them to anyone seeking a new Ford. Plus the Hybrid Maverick XLT appears to be a well-put-together, economical, and fun truck to own.

ADDENDUM:

Yes, that is a dark gray Santa Cruz parked across the aisle from it in the photo taken at Best Buy.

Also, the interior orange trim pieces are a more muted color than they appear in so many photos. Not a super bright obnoxious orange at all.

Lastly, after 1.5 days, the range to empty has finally stopped rising. Based on the current estimate, the range will be around 565 miles for my first tank of gas with the vehicle running at 42.2 mpg. A little bit less than the 2005 Prius it replaces, but still outstanding for its class and price range. I'm happy to lose a few mpg to have such a dazzling-looking vehicle.

IMG_8585.jpeg

IMG_8591.jpeg

IMG_8595.jpeg

IMG_8609.jpeg

IMG_8622.jpeg

IMG_8625.jpeg

IMG_8631.jpeg

IMG_8633.jpeg

IMG_8636.jpeg

IMG_8614.jpeg

IMG_8616.jpeg

#newowner #hybrid #cyberorange #maverick #xlt #review
One nice looking truck. Thanks for your review too. I wish I had my truck.

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few more quick points:

1) The truck has both a USB-A and newer USB-C port up front. If you have the 400 watt inverter for the rear cab, it also comes with another pair of the same ports.

2) The rear headrests are easily removable and able to be stored in the under seat storage bins.

3) The XLT trim is carpeted floors with carpeted floor mats up front but not in the rear of the cab.

4) If you having issues keeping a phone connection with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, then try a couple different USB cables, as that may be the issue.

5) The cheapest feeling part of the interior is the outer cloth strips of the seat fabric. Time will tell how the fabrics and stitching last.

6) After 2+ days and 196.5 total miles, the Maverick is at 44.4 mpg and 427 miles to empty = 623.5 miles on a full tank.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Velocity Blue was the color I originally ordered, but after a couple weeks I took the leap and changed it to Cyber Orange. No regrets at all.
Me too. But I don't have my truck yet.

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my Cyber Orange Hybrid Maverick XLT from Moyer Ford Sales in Foley, Alabama on Saturday morning (Feb. 12). First, my glowing review of the dealer, followed by first impressions of driving it around town for the day.

I was extremely impressed with the paperwork process and the dealer experience there. They never charged an ADM nor a deposit when I ordered back on June 29. After it arrived, we worked out the preliminary paperwork and financing over the phone. The Maverick was purchased for the nonprofit I founded 9 years ago so we had to work through a couple of corporate hiccups since it was reserved under my own name. However, in the end, got the truck for 36 months at 0.9% interest despite the nonprofit never having applied for credit anywhere before. All this was being handled while the spray-in bedliner was being done offsite at a third-party place for the original $495 price from Ford.

Saturday morning the truck was sparkling and ready to go. The FITS bonus kit box lying on the rear seat. I checked out the truck then went to sign all the paperwork. We chatted a lot so that took 30 minutes or thereabouts. There was NO upsell on any ridiculous items, just the typical extended warranty, service plan, and paintless dent repair/tire repair/glass repair protection. (I went ahead and purchased the last item, and may get the others later from the dealer since they've been so great.) I had the X-Plan and the dealer took that with no problem. Saved more than expected there as they wiped out the ENTIRE documentation fee (which at their dealership is only $275 anyway.) The one thing I don't think anyone has mentioned about the X-Plan so far is that you have to sign a document agreeing not to sell the Maverick for six months. No biggie there.

Paperwork in hand, Alaina (their internet sales rep), set my door entry code and helped get the FordPass app activated with the truck. The only glitch in the whole process is that I briefly thought the upper rear seatbacks were not snapping back into place after being lowered. Lesson learned you've got to use some force to get the latch to activate and hold them in place.

From there, I drove home my Maverick. It had less than 10 miles and was showing 30 mpg with a range of 322 when I got in it. By the end of the day cruising around town, I was at 97 miles, getting 40.9 mpg and a range of 392 miles. I found that quite funny that I had increased the range by nearly as many miles as I had driven it. So yes, it will take a while for the computer to figure everything out and start giving actual true numbers.

Interior comfort is nice. Not luxury ride quality, but for $26,007 I certainly can't complain. The Maverick drives and handles very much like a car. The vehicle is much quieter than I expected. The front interior space is more spacious than a Prius. Everything seemed to work just as it should so far. The interior plastic panels are pretty cool actually. The textures are much more interesting to touch than I anticipated.

The engine compartment has a lot more free space under the hood than I expected. A lot more plastic parts than I'd normally like to see in an engine bay, but as long as the engine is dependable, so be it.

The engine and eCVT are smooth as silk and the Maverick has a tight turn radius. The spin knob to select gears will take time to get 100% acclimated to, as well the CP360 features and rear-view camera (all new to me). The rearview mirror can be raised up for those who think it is too low by default.

The legroom for the rear seats is tighter than I thought it would be, but I had both front seats pushed all the way back. Move them forward a few inches, and the legroom becomes acceptable for passengers. The under-seat storage bins are cool to have, but not near as spacious as some might expect.

The fit and finish of the truck overall are very, very good. Yet to find any blemishes anywhere, and I've looked hard a couple of different times.

Lastly, the Cyber Orange paint is wicked cool! It always seems to be a different shade of yellow or orange every time you look at it. The pearl coat and metallic flakes in the paint really make it sparkle too. No chance of ever losing this truck in a parking lot as it stands out among a sea of white, silver, and black vehicles.

I'll be adding the smoke hood deflector and maybe some stainless steel touches here and there (I once owned a DeLorean so have a fondness for brushed stainless steel accessories). The 4.5-foot truck bed with the 10 tie-down points has impressed my bigger-truck friends and colleagues. And everyone ends up liking the Cyber Orange color after a few minutes of staring at it.

While parked the first day, someone did stop and ask to look at it, which I happily obliged. I've also noticed the cars driving through the neighborhood slowing down to gaze at the Maverick.

A friend of mine who has four Ford Lightnings and a Tesla Cybertruck reservEd for his business has even had himself put on the call list at the dealer on the rare chance a hybrid goes unclaimed.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the Maverick and consider it perhaps the last remaining bargain in this over-inflated car market right now. I only wish I had ordered more than one, so I could resell the others for a profit. LOL

tl;dr I had a painless experience with Moyer Ford in Foley, Alabama, and highly recommend them to anyone seeking a new Ford. Plus the Hybrid Maverick XLT appears to be a well-put-together, economical, and fun truck to own.

ADDENDUM:

Yes, that is a dark gray Santa Cruz parked across the aisle from it in the photo taken at Best Buy.

Also, the interior orange trim pieces are a more muted color than they appear in so many photos. Not a super bright obnoxious orange at all.

Lastly, after 1.5 days, the range to empty has finally stopped rising. Based on the current estimate, the range will be around 565 miles for my first tank of gas with the vehicle running at 42.2 mpg. A little bit less than the 2005 Prius it replaces, but still outstanding for its class and price range. I'm happy to lose a few mpg to have such a dazzling-looking vehicle.

IMG_8585.jpeg

IMG_8591.jpeg

IMG_8595.jpeg

IMG_8609.jpeg

IMG_8622.jpeg

IMG_8625.jpeg

IMG_8631.jpeg

IMG_8633.jpeg

IMG_8636.jpeg

IMG_8614.jpeg

IMG_8616.jpeg

Very nice. I originally ordered the Cyber Orange, I am a school bus mechanic and after seeing one in person it looked too much like the School Bus Yellow, I changed to the Hot Pepper Red and I love that color, it changes from a dark burnt/copper orange to a red in the sunlight. I agree that the motor/trans is super smooth, has plenty of power for passing. I have been averaging 36 mpg, my 20 mile commute is mostly highway 60-65 mph. I am totally pleased with my Maverick, fuel mileage, power, space inside, the looks. I have a family of four, my wife and two girls, they all fit in the Maverick very comfortably. My fuel mileage was 30 mpg when I left my dealer and it said I had 333 miles to empty, by the time I got home it was averaging 35 mpg and my miles to empty had gone up to 350. Now with just over 300 miles on the truck it is still saying 195 miles to empty and I have about 295 on the tank of fuel, so about 500 miles to a tank of gas, that's great.

Sponsored

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Congrats...sounds like you got a good one!

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ADDENDUM:

IMG_8585.jpeg

IMG_8591.jpeg

IMG_8595.jpeg

IMG_8609.jpeg

IMG_8622.jpeg

IMG_8625.jpeg

IMG_8631.jpeg

IMG_8633.jpeg

IMG_8636.jpeg

IMG_8614.jpeg

IMG_8616.jpeg

Loved the pics and the close-up on the shiny specks in the paint. Congrats!! I can't wait for my CO Lariat Hybrid to come in.

Zathras

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta
@PriusHater
Thank you for all the photos. I was starting to waffle on my choice of Cyber Orange but your pictures have sealed the deal.

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@PriusHater
I was starting to waffle on my choice of Cyber Orange but your pictures have sealed the deal.
it is one of those paint colors that often looks different to a camera than to your own eyes. In the morning light it often has a bright yellow shine to it, but every time I try to capture that in a photo the Orange always pops back up in the picture. Same thing happens with items such as toned coins. Digital cameras, film cameras, human eyes, all process what they “see” differently.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on your new Mav. I actually really like the Cyber Orange, I think the metallics n it really set it off.
Anything other than black or gray is good. Once I decided on the Velocity Blue, I look around on the roads and there are hardly any colorful vehicles. It really seems like 80 percent are some type of gray or black ( plus white fleet vehicles).

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few more quick points:

1) The truck has both a USB-A and newer USB-C port up front. If you have the 400 watt inverter for the rear cab, it also comes with another pair of the same ports.

2) The rear headrests are easily removable and able to be stored in the under seat storage bins.

3) The XLT trim is carpeted floors with carpeted floor mats up front but not in the rear of the cab.

4) If you having issues keeping a phone connection with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, then try a couple different USB cables, as that may be the issue.

5) The cheapest feeling part of the interior is the outer cloth strips of the seat fabric. Time will tell how the fabrics and stitching last.

6) After 2+ days and 196.5 total miles, the Maverick is at 44.4 mpg and 427 miles to empty = 623.5 miles on a full tank.
If you want to spend some money, get a seat cover. I just use a beach towel from the first day I get a new vehicle. My 2012 Chevy Colorado has basic cloth seats just like the Maverick and they look pretty darn close to brand new.

Michael Dietzel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Congratulations on your new Maverick! I ordered one in iconic silver metallic and I love it. GM actually originally came out with that color they called it Daytona sunset orange metallic it debuted on the 2006 Corvette of which I have one. They made 550 of the convertible in that color. I have been stopped on so many occasions by people going completely ape over the color so.. get used to it! I did not like the color when I first got it but my wife of course loves it and everybody else that sees it like I say goes completely crazy! It definitely stands out from the crowd and even after 15 years I still never get tired of it. I'm glad to see that other manufacturers have started to experiment with that particular combination of orange / bronze with a heavy metal flake. Enjoy your new Maverick!

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it is one of those paint colors that often looks different to a camera than to your own eyes. In the morning light it often has a bright yellow shine to it, but every time I try to capture that in a photo the Orange always pops back up in the picture. Same thing happens with items such as toned coins. Digital cameras, film cameras, human eyes, all process what they “see” differently.
Yeah, sometimes my photos Cyber Orange will even look peach colored to me. But it never appears peach in person. Cameras just don't know what to do with that hue in some light scenarios.

Jess

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your build is exactly the same as the one I have on order! Thank you for sharing the photos and your experience!

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid