First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will the 110 option charge a laptop or run a electric drill.
It will run most [?] laptops; but won't run a drill rated much [if any] over 400 watts. NOT the large, industrial grade ones. That limits you to about half a horsepower motor.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should be able to do both, there is a thread somewhere on here on how much it can safely handle
400 watts, I think, so about 3.3 amps.
So smaller size drills. Start up surge, don't know.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A must have option? Why do you think they call it an option? Come on folks, this is a cheap means of transport we are all buying. Why expect total strangers to tell you what you need or do not need? Get what you want or what you can afford. At the end of the day the vehicle will get you from point A to point B same as everyone else. I enjoy reading this forum but often frustrated by people asking “what should I do”. Do some research and make your own decisions.
I think this type of question can benefit someone who has no previous experience with certain options. For example, I've never owned a vehicle with the features of the Copilot 360 package, so it's useful to hear whether people who have it think it's worth it.

Specific questions would be better than open ended, but there are too many things in the world to be frustrated about to get worked up about posts on an internet forum.

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
I think this type of question can benefit someone who has no previous experience with certain options. For example, I've never owned a vehicle with the features of the Copilot 360 package, so it's useful to hear whether people who have it think it's worth it.

Specific questions would be better than open ended, but there are too many things in the world to be frustrated about to get worked up about posts on an internet forum.
I personally find he Copilot 360 feature worthless if you already have power mirrors from XLT. I also don't see the point in Adaptive Cruise control, Sirius, Sync, pleather seats, etc. So no need to upgrade to Lariat. It seems a lot of forum posters really value many of these features, but I don't think that most people will include them. It seems a lot of dealer orders may add them to boost purchase prices, just like they have done with useless sliding rear windows and such.

Of course everyone has their opinions, but if a safety feature isn't getting me an insurance discount, I don't really care about it. Just another system to break and be expensive to fix in the future as far as I am concerned.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tow hitch. Seriously, only 100 bucks, and if you don't need it today, you will next year.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
+1 on the hitch
Also, get a full sized spare.

On mine I got the 110v and air deflectors, too, but I don't consider them must haves, but nice to haves.

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided

I currently have a Lariat F150 with all packages....so pretty much all the toys except the auto parking in the higher trims. On the maverick....base XLT + spray in liner is it. In fact, if they had something like the 101a packages on the XL's like they do the F150 that would add cruise and better wheels, I'd get that no question. All the toys were nice to play with initially, but dont need em, a lot of that stuff sometimes has minor issues, and if anything ever gets damaged, good god are replacement parts WAY more expensive than lower trims. A few examples, side mirror $800 vs $100 or so for basic XL or XLT one. Rear tail light, almost $400 vs <$100 for one without the blind spot equiped, etc etc.

There are only 2 things out of those fancy toys that are handy constantly...1) the pushbutton start/proximity entry. VERY nice not having to ever take my keys out of my pocket. I like that. Even if the door handle seems to have a mind of its own a lot of times. 2) the blind spot/rear cross traffic alert. Not so much the blind spot since visibility isnt exactly poor, but the cross traffic is pretty great. When backing out in parking lots, it lets you know someone is coming long before your half way out of the spot and can actually see.

The things I hate the most....the sunroof and the slider. I hardly ever use the sunroof, and of course as soon as warranty was up, it's broken. Pop and broken bits of plastic in the track. Thankfully it still functions, so it's closed and havent touched it again. At nearly $1k just for the parts, i'm not messing with it! It can stay closed and half broken! The other....yet more glass...the sliding rear window. I like sliding rear windows. I've always had sliding rear windows. I always used them too! But on my F150...few years old and it broke. With those floating style windows, the top track is simply held onto the surrounding glass with 4 little pieces of double sided tape and a small bead of sealant across the middle third....and apparently eventually fails. It's not an integral part of the window frame like the normal style sliders are. I still havent seen a maverick in person, but looks like the slider on them is the same style.

Anyways...of course not the same vehicle...but some perspective of going from more modestly equipped vehicles to getting one with all the new toys...and of course the wont be doing that again haha.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I currently have a Lariat F150 with all packages....so pretty much all the toys except the auto parking in the higher trims. On the maverick....base XLT + spray in liner is it. In fact, if they had something like the 101a packages on the XL's like they do the F150 that would add cruise and better wheels, I'd get that no question. All the toys were nice to play with initially, but dont need em, a lot of that stuff sometimes has minor issues, and if anything ever gets damaged, good god are replacement parts WAY more expensive than lower trims. A few examples, side mirror $800 vs $100 or so for basic XL or XLT one. Rear tail light, almost $400 vs <$100 for one without the blind spot equiped, etc etc.

There are only 2 things out of those fancy toys that are handy constantly...1) the pushbutton start/proximity entry. VERY nice not having to ever take my keys out of my pocket. I like that. Even if the door handle seems to have a mind of its own a lot of times. 2) the blind spot/rear cross traffic alert. Not so much the blind spot since visibility isnt exactly poor, but the cross traffic is pretty great. When backing out in parking lots, it lets you know someone is coming long before your half way out of the spot and can actually see.

The things I hate the most....the sunroof and the slider. I hardly ever use the sunroof, and of course as soon as warranty was up, it's broken. Pop and broken bits of plastic in the track. Thankfully it still functions, so it's closed and havent touched it again. At nearly $1k just for the parts, i'm not messing with it! It can stay closed and half broken! The other....yet more glass...the sliding rear window. I like sliding rear windows. I've always had sliding rear windows. I always used them too! But on my F150...few years old and it broke. With those floating style windows, the top track is simply held onto the surrounding glass with 4 little pieces of double sided tape and a small bead of sealant across the middle third....and apparently eventually fails. It's not an integral part of the window frame like the normal style sliders are. I still havent seen a maverick in person, but looks like the slider on them is the same style.

Anyways...of course not the same vehicle...but some perspective of going from more modestly equipped vehicles to getting one with all the new toys...and of course the wont be doing that again haha.
Funny, I have a 12 year old vehicle with 180k miles and an 8 year old vehicle with 108k miles, both with power sun roofs that still work fine.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My previous pickups had the rear opening window. In the cold weather, it allowed the heat in faster, and the windows to de-fog more easily. In the hot weather, it allowed the hot air to escape, and the ac to cool the cab more quickly.
But they were regular cabs. Reach up…..there’s the window.
Now, however, with the Mav, I can’t reach the rear window. So, to me, the electric opening rear window made the difference, moving me to the Lariat.
Probably my last vehicle, 73 in Nov. So I’m going for it!

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I personally find he Copilot 360 feature worthless if you already have power mirrors from XLT. I also don't see the point in Adaptive Cruise control, Sirius, Sync, pleather seats, etc. So no need to upgrade to Lariat. It seems a lot of forum posters really value many of these features, but I don't think that most people will include them. It seems a lot of dealer orders may add them to boost purchase prices, just like they have done with useless sliding rear windows and such.

Of course everyone has their opinions, but if a safety feature isn't getting me an insurance discount, I don't really care about it. Just another system to break and be expensive to fix in the future as far as I am concerned.
Co pilot 360 comes with blind spot monitoring, a great safety feature and an option that will reduce your insurance premiums.Cant tell you how many times this saved me when backing out between two larger cars in a parking space when some knucklehead thought he was in the indy 500 flying aroung the parking lot.

Sponsored

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
GPP, option the hell out of it just like others have stated here, after working your ass off all these years you deserve something for yourself.
I started my build conservatively but figured what the hell, this might be my last vehicle in my retirement so my Hot Pepper Red XLT has the tow package, fx4, lux package, Co pilot360, sliding window, moon roof spare tire, all weather mats and the special alloy wheels giving me the better Falken Wildpeak tires.
What the hell, might as well build it up as Ford is giving great finance rates anyways and you will get insurance discount with co pilot option
Only on stage once, strap yourself in and go for the ride of your life while you still can. Give it some thought and enjoy .
Yup, I'm right there with you!

OP
OP

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

To reiterate my point. No one knows how much power your laptop or drill require. But YOU do. And you know ( if you have read) the inverter is capable of 400 watts. So YOU do the math!

OP
OP

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the input people🙂i think the 110 outlet will be the only additional thing im ordering.all opinions where appreciated and helpful.going to dealer today and see what we come up with.glad i have a x plan for what its worth.

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
A must have option? Why do you think they call it an option? Come on folks, this is a cheap means of transport we are all buying. Why expect total strangers to tell you what you need or do not need? Get what you want or what you can afford. At the end of the day the vehicle will get you from point A to point B same as everyone else. I enjoy reading this forum but often frustrated by people asking “what should I do”. Do some research and make your own decisions.
Its called gathering opinions to see if someones case that they make for something makes sense to the person asking, its a method of gathering a broader spectrum of information than just your own. And if you dont like the way someone gathers info maybe just dont comment 🤷

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its hard to figure what xtra options we want after you pick the "gotta have" ones on a truck most of have never seen let alone driven. I waffle between the XLT and Lariat but both would have the same xtra options, then the $3k difference rears its ugly head all the time. :)
Sponsored