Axlesup

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85K10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
how deep was the snow?? driving in deep mud or sand can cause these issues although they usually go away if nothing got misaligned once you clean the debris out and restart the vehicle. the tpms shouldnt have anything todo with this however the wheel sensors control the abs/traction control/ VSC and can certainly cause most all of those codes.

those wires are pretty well protected by the rotors and struts. i can not imagine they hit them with the wheels. however the wrapping on those wires is well below my standards especially in a snowy area and anyone can damage something if they try hard enough.

normally i would remove those wires and makes sure the connections are clean and dry then treat them with dielectric grease and seal/wrap the wires, but being a new car under warranty with what looks like a manufacturing defect/damage i would definitely take it to costco and ford for inspection.

i just got my window sticker today otherwise i would take a closer look at mine and give some better advice :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: I went to Costco. They said to take it to the dealer and if they were the cause they'll cover it. The dealership is so busy I can't get anyone to answer. I can only leave a voicemail. I'm guessing it will be a while until I know more.

how deep was the snow?? driving in deep mud or sand can cause these issues although they usually go away if nothing got misaligned once you clean the debris out and restart the vehicle.
Sadly only a few inches.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The wheels had sensors. They were previously used on an Escape. Costco programmed them for the truck.
I like Costco but I'm going to have Discount Tires do mine. They always do a great job. How did you find those wheels? I've been looking at craigslist.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Costoc employees are paid and treated so well they never leave. Expect the Costco service guys to be super experienced.
that's why there's always several hours, I mean like 8 hours wait for a simple tire rotation or alignment even with appointment. Sheesh...costco tire center is the worst when it comes to service.

Sponsored

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like Costco but I'm going to have Discount Tires do mine. They always do a great job. How did you find those wheels? I've been looking at craigslist.
The warranty at Costco is worth it for me. And I got the wheels off Craigslist but I think I just got lucky. 1-year-old set off a 2018 Escape with TPMS sensors for $250.

Another update: I drove to work and back yesterday and I never got a fault. Completely normal dash. I haven't done anything since driving to Costco the day before. That day I got multiple faults every time I turned it on.

Tonyd322

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing as it'll generally learn the sensors on its own, no, this isn't remotely a valid thing to say.
I bought tires from Sams Club and had the bozo's that work there install the tires. Nothing but issues ever since. I've learned how important places like Discount tire are. Never let people that stock cereal in shelves work on your vehicle is the lesson I learned.

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update-ish: After an awful service experience with the dealer where I purchased the truck, I decided to move to a highly-rated Ford dealer that's 15 miles further. I dropped the truck off on 1/19. I called today for an update and they have no idea what the problem is. The next step is gutting the interior... Ford corporate has been talking to the dealer and updating me. That's been nice. I think it's safe to say Costco/new tires didn't cause this issue.

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: The dealership believes they have narrowed it down to the rear differential. They also warned that this might not resolve the issue. They ordered the part but it's on backorder and they don't have an ETA yet. My corporate contact called yesterday too and said if this doesn't resolve the issue they'll be sending a tech to the dealership to continue to troubleshoot. Overall, I'm really impressed with how seriously they're tackling the problem but I just want my truck back....

More specifically, they said something in the red circle is what they think is causing the issue.
Ford Maverick Multiple drivetrain faults after getting winter tires Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 5.26.50 AM

Last edited:

ppagan2012

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: The dealership believes they have narrowed it down to the rear differential. They also warned that this might not resolve the issue. They ordered the part but it's on backorder and they don't have an ETA yet. My corporate contact called yesterday too and said if this doesn't resolve the issue they'll be sending a tech to the dealership to continue to troubleshoot. Overall, I'm really impressed with how seriously they're tackling the problem but I just want my truck back....

More specifically, they said something in the red circle is what they think is causing the issue.
Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 5.26.50 AM.png
Any update on this problem... all these errors appear suddenly on my IPC today.

Sponsored
OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any update on this problem... all these errors appear suddenly on my IPC today.
@Johnkn was right. It was a speed sensor. The cable was frayed. There is no way to tell if it was from the tire replacement, rocks, snow, etc. Ford corporate extended my warranty to 5 years/75,000 miles because it was at the dealer for so long. I was not expecting that but I appreciate the gesture.

ppagan2012

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Johnkn was right. It was a speed sensor. The cable was frayed. There is no way to tell if it was from the tire replacement, rocks, snow, etc. Ford corporate extended my warranty to 5 years/75,000 miles because it was at the dealer for so long. I was not expecting that but I appreciate the gesture.
I haven't even rotated the tires yet... The problem suddenly appeared.

Do you have the part# for the speed sensor?

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
Sponsored