jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You let costco program your truck? Thats like hiring a walmart cashier to do plumbing. Take it to the ford dealer. Bring your check book
Seeing as it'll generally learn the sensors on its own, no, this isn't remotely a valid thing to say.
Sponsored

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This may seem too simple but,,,,,, make sure that all four tires are the same size. Any difference in diameter could wreak havoc on these systems which rely on differences in wheel speed to sense wheel spin or lack of it.
These were 4 special-order tires delivered to the warehouse. I know they are all the same.

Are you sure they programmed the sensors correctly?
No, I'm not. But I drove 20-30 miles without issue and the truck displayed what appeared to be correct tire pressures.

So clearly that should be the place that you start, after doing a cursory visual inspection of the wheels and suspension components for obvious signs of damage. Sounds like swapping the other wheels back would be a good test.

These are Maverick XL steel wheels, previously installed on an Escape, now on your Maverick Lariat?

If they're Ford OEM sensors (perhaps aftermarket as well), the vehicle should read them automatically without programming. When you had the Lariat wheels transported in the vehicle on the way home from the install, it likely would've read those sensors instead.
I'll be taking off all four wheels tomorrow to inspect the suspension.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This sounds more like a wheel caused issue than tire. Perhaps one of the Costco installers damaged the wheel.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is my first time reading codes in Forscan. I am not sure what to make of all of these.
Codes.JPG
Are you ready for your Christmas Present?

B124D:02 Tire Pressure Sensor general signal failure

B1182. TPMS

B1444:15 LR Stop Lamp short or open

B1448:15 RR Stop Lamp short or open

C009B:14 AWD rear actuator short or open

U041E:00 Invalid data from AWD module

U3003:16 ABS voltage below threshold

B00A0:63 Occupant Classification Protection circuit timeout

U0415:00 Invalid data from ABS module

B135C:13 Heated Steering Wheel element open circuit

U0418:86 Invalid signal from brake system control module.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If multiple sensors fail at once possible cause: RFI

Radio Frequency Interference (RFI)
RFI can be caused by:
Video equipment- especially when the video and power supply lines are near the TPMS.
Anti-theft alarms (even those installed by the dealership) have been found to cause the TPMS to malfunction or lose considerable range. These anti-theft alarms can be difficult to locate, as they are usually hidden somewhere out of the way for reduced accessibility.
Many in-vehicle cell phone chargers- power point closest to the BCM are the most affected. It should be noted that most cell phone chargers do not produce high levels of RFI all the time. This depends on the state of charge of the cell phone battery. The phone battery must be almost completely discharged in some cases.
Power supplies and DC / AC inverters- consumer grade equipment has very little filtering or shielding.

That said; since you have LOW/NO VOLTAGE error codes, including stop lamps and heated steering wheel of all things, really sounds like a loose wire harness somewhere.

Good luck. Keep us posted. We're all learning.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, I ripped a front wheel sensor cable off my Raptor and received virtually all your same codes. And like you experienced, initially they would clear temporarily upon shutdown the first time or 2, but then the failure became solid.

The wheel speed sensors are common to and provide input to all those failing systems.

The person changing your front tires was right next to those sensors.

https://www.wheelsjoint.com/ford-maverick-bad-wheel-speed-sensor-symptoms/

Good luck

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

^^^ Sounds probable.

I don't think the TIRES caused this.
I do think the ACT of changing the tires did.

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, all, for the help and advice so far. Below are the 4 sensors. To me, they don't appear to be clearly damaged but I could be wrong. Edit: I want to note that back sensors (1,4) are very well taped and the front two have visible wires (2,3)

No lights on when I started it today. Went for a short drive. After about 5 minutes the dash lit up again. Left it running and hooked up Forscan. I posted the codes below. Most appear the same but some are different.

My questions are:
How do I find which sensor is bad?
Should I be taking this to a Ford dealer?
**I know the answer might be obvious but could changes like different wheels, adding drive modes, or other Forscan mods cause this? Not saying I've done all of those but I'm trying to rule out my actions causing this and thus having the warranty denied.

Ford Maverick Multiple drivetrain faults after getting winter tires IMG_2604
Ford Maverick Multiple drivetrain faults after getting winter tires IMG_2606
Ford Maverick Multiple drivetrain faults after getting winter tires IMG_2619

Ford Maverick Multiple drivetrain faults after getting winter tires IMG_2621

Ford Maverick Multiple drivetrain faults after getting winter tires Codes2.JPG

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd take it back to the tire place. Explain everything. Give them first opportunity to fix this. If they decline responsibility tell them you will drive straight to a dealer next, have them fix it, but say you'll expect them to pay the Ford bill if Ford can prove the tire guy caused this. Maybe it's untelated and a warranty item Ford will fix for free.

Then find a new tire place.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
**I know the answer might be obvious but could changes like different wheels, adding drive modes, or other Forscan mods cause this? Not saying I've done all of those but I'm trying to rule out my actions causing this and thus having the warranty denied.
Those most definitely would since adding drive modes involves modifying the ABS values.

Sponsored
OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those most definitely would since adding drive modes involves modifying the ABS values.
👍🏼 I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet but that's a good reminder to tread lightly.

Reactions: Dad

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, all, for the help and advice so far. Below are the 4 sensors. To me, they don't appear to be clearly damaged but I could be wrong. Edit: I want to note that back sensors (1,4) are very well taped and the front two have visible wires (2,3)

No lights on when I started it today. Went for a short drive. After about 5 minutes the dash lit up again. Left it running and hooked up Forscan. I posted the codes below. Most appear the same but some are different.

My questions are:
How do I find which sensor is bad?
Should I be taking this to a Ford dealer?

IMG_2604.jpeg
IMG_2606.jpeg
IMG_2619.jpeg

IMG_2621.jpeg

Codes2.JPG
Maybe nothing, but it appears that the 'tape' on wheels 2 and 3 has been rolled back from the connector, or at least altered somehow. Also, those two wheels have blue tape while the other two do not, and the blue tape is not placed consistently.

Having the wiring exposed like that does also not look like something from the factory.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your experience, that way we all learn.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And if changes were made to the drive modes and Forescan at the same time the tires were changed I would work to revert to the as-shipped settings while troubleshooting.

Good luck OP

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And if changes were made to the drive modes and Forescan at the same time the tires were changed I would work to revert to the as-shipped settings while troubleshooting.

Good luck OP

The only thing that has been changed on the truck in 10+ months is the tires.

it appears that the 'tape' on wheels 2 and 3 has been rolled back from the connector, or at least altered somehow. Also, those two wheels have blue tape while the other two do not, and the blue tape is not placed consistently.

Having the wiring exposed like that does also not look like something from the factory.
Only the front wheels have blue tape and the sensors with visible wires are on the front wheels. Not sure what to make of that. Agree that it doesn't have a factory look. Does anyone else have blue tape on the front sensors? One important note is that the front wheels had never been removed before getting winter tires.

I'm going to make a trip to Costco and see what they say.

vertigo12369

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe nothing, but it appears that the 'tape' on wheels 2 and 3 has been rolled back from the connector, or at least altered somehow. Also, those two wheels have blue tape while the other two do not, and the blue tape is not placed consistently.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your experience, that way we all learn.
Agree that 2 & 3 look strange. The harness in that area should have some type of protection on the wire. Insulation does not protect against stones, etc. Blue tape is odd too - that's $0.10 in extra cost for no apparent reason.

Edit: mine looks the same.
Ford Maverick Multiple drivetrain faults after getting winter tires IMG_20221215_205628
Sponsored