First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I search but didn't find many with this issue. I've got a Lariet Lux. I got the XL 17x7 steelies and put 225/65 R17 winter tires on. They were installed by Costco two days ago. Today I drove to work in the snow and got the following all at once. I stopped for a bit for an appointment. Started it again and the faults had cleared but as soon as I drove for a few minutes they all showed up again.

TPMS System Fault
AWD Off
Service AdvancTrac
Pre-Collision System Not Available
Hill-Start Assist Not Available
AWD Fault - Service Required
Auto Hold Not Available
Service Engine Soon
Drive Modes Not Available

Is it possible it could be related to different tires? I saw someone else posted a similar circumstance (faults after new tires) and their dealer didn't want to warranty because of it. I'll check the codes when I get home but there should be no issues with putting another factory-sized tire on it correct?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

Kirbservice

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Palisade; 2014 Accord; 2006 F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like an issue with the TPMS. Did the steelies you install have the sensors?

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The wheels had sensors. They were previously used on an Escape. Costco programmed them for the truck.

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I search but didn't find many with this issue. I've got a Lariet Lux. I got the XL 17x7 steelies and put 225/65 R17 winter tires on. They were installed by Costco two days ago. Today I drove to work in the snow and got the following all at once. I stopped for a bit for an appointment. Started it again and the faults had cleared but as soon as I drove for a few minutes they all showed up again.

TPMS System Fault
AWD Off
Service AdvancTrac
Auto Hold Not Available
Service Engine Soon

Is it possible it could be related to different tires? I saw someone else posted a similar circumstance (faults after new tires) and their dealer didn't want to warranty because of it. I'll check the codes when I get home but there should be no issues with putting another factory-sized tire on it correct?

Thanks for the help.
yikes!
We’re you in some uncontrollable spins on a frozen lake bed?
That’s a lot of errors.

Sponsored

westyman71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you check Fordpass to see your tire pressures?

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my first time reading codes in Forscan. I am not sure what to make of all of these.
Ford Maverick Multiple drivetrain faults after getting winter tires Codes.JPG

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my first time reading codes in Forscan. I am not sure what to make of all of these.
Codes.JPG
I wouldn't really bother with the codes to be honest and instead look for the cause. Most likely a ripped out wheel speed sensor wire or worse, a damaged wiring harness running under the vehicle might be a more likely option since TPMS is included there. Tires should not be the issue permitting they're definitely all the same size.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TPMS System Fault
AWD Off
Service AdvancTrac
Auto Hold Not Available
Service Engine Soon

Thanks for the help.

TPMS System Fault
AWD Off
Service AdvancTrac
Auto Hold Not Available
Service Engine Soon

Thanks for the help.
This may seem too simple but,,,,,, make sure that all four tires are the same size. Any difference in diameter could wreak havoc on these systems which rely on differences in wheel speed to sense wheel spin or lack of it.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It no longer lists the tire pressure. They also aren't listed in the display. It shows --- for each.
So clearly that should be the place that you start, after doing a cursory visual inspection of the wheels and suspension components for obvious signs of damage. Sounds like swapping the other wheels back would be a good test.

These are Maverick XL steel wheels, previously installed on an Escape, now on your Maverick Lariat?

If they're Ford OEM sensors (perhaps aftermarket as well), the vehicle should read them automatically without programming. When you had the Lariat wheels transported in the vehicle on the way home from the install, it likely would've read those sensors instead.