First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think I’ve ever paid much attention to the dirt that gets thrown on my vehicles, my bad☹so I want to do better with my Mav👍🏻 I’ve been reading threads talking about mudflaps but I’m not exactly in love with the way they look. I do like the looks of the Bushwacker fenders though but I don’t know the advantages of one over the other.

I have the Michelin 18 inch tires on my FE CarbG Lariat and thought the Bushwacker Fenders would look pretty good and keep some of the dirt off the back? Obviously with my hybrid I don’t do any off-road driving just lots of rain and sand here in FL.

All of you have helped me with other mods that I’d like some feedback on the fenders VS the mud-flaps. BTW, what is the purpose of those little flaps in front of the tire? 🤔
Sponsored

TREX10

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner 4x4, 2003 Tacoma PreRun, 2005 Liberty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tracked down a set and my son and I installed them. I'm sorta wishing I hadn't now. My son will kill me! Hahahaha! I also have the 2" Rough Country lift.

But the lift doesn't allow for any larger tires without mod'ing the wheel well felt and the pinch weld. It's the width of the wheel well that is the limiter - not the height. :-(

For a 245/70/R17 to fill out the flares, is a stretch and will probably look best with an inch spacer to push them out a tad...

Still haven't decide on the tires yet but will probably go with the Toyo 245/70/R17 and the stock black wheels.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tracked down a set and my son and I installed them. I'm sorta wishing I hadn't now. My son will kill me! Hahahaha! I also have the 2" Rough Country lift.

But the lift doesn't allow for any larger tires without mod'ing the wheel well felt and the pinch weld. It's the width of the wheel well that is the limiter - not the height. :-(

For a 245/70/R17 to fill out the flares, is a stretch and will probably look best with an inch spacer to push them out a tad...

Still haven't decide on the tires yet but will probably go with the Toyo 245/70/R17 and the stock black wheels.
Can you post a pic 🙂

Sponsored

Jazzjms

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you are taking a poll, I think mudflaps are the way to go with a Maverick. The small vehicle size looks odd to me with Bushwackers. Get whichever you like-it’s your ride.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Bushwacker flares look awesome, but are stupid expensive. I did the factory mud flaps at $50 a pair.

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here ya go..

IMG_20220323_122201830.jpg

IMG_20220324_102547598.jpg

IMG_20220324_102534302.jpg
Ok I’m sold! Need to see how many reward points😊🤞🏻 Did you put them on yourself? If so was it difficult? Would it require a lot of strength (I’m fairly strong for a female but not a body builder)?

Sponsored

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I’m still hopeful that I’ll find some halfway decent looking mud flap solution that I can live with, but I don’t like the way any of the ones that are available look (especially on Oxford white). I’m not optimistic I’ll find a solution tho, even if I’m hopeful, and will live with flinging dirt/mid/etc over having to put something on that I really don’t like.

TREX10

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner 4x4, 2003 Tacoma PreRun, 2005 Liberty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok I’m sold! Need to see how many reward points😊🤞🏻 Did you put them on yourself? If so was it difficult? Would it require a lot of strength (I’m fairly strong for a female but not a body builder)?
My son installed them. He's a handy guy. You have to use the tape provided to hold the rubber edge on the fender. You then install it in the wheel well using the existing clips. The holes in the fender flare were to small for the existing clips. He drilled each out. I don't know how much. There's a metal clip he installed at the top. Then installed front to back. Once he got the first one, the rest went easy

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m still hopeful that I’ll find some halfway decent looking mud flap solution that I can live with, but I don’t like the way any of the ones that are available look (especially on Oxford white). I’m not optimistic I’ll find a solution tho, even if I’m hopeful, and will live with flinging dirt/mid/etc over having to put something on that I really don’t like.
Weathertech mudflaps are due out in 2-4 weeks...

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My son installed them. He's a handy guy. You have to use the tape provided to hold the rubber edge on the fender. You then install it in the wheel well using the existing clips. The holes in the fender flare were to small for the existing clips. He drilled each out. I don't know how much. There's a metal clip he installed at the top. Then installed front to back. Once he got the first one, the rest went easy
Thank you! I think that’s going to be more than I can handle myself😕

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those Rokblokz flaps look good but damn, $150? No thanks.
Sponsored