Sponsored

ZogNowak

First Name
Zog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler, Mazda Miata
For real world purposes, that looks to be totally fixable. Take the insurance money, buy the truck back from them, and have a good body shop fix it for you.
Sponsored

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Body shop quoted about $25K to repair.
My velocity blue mac hybrid got backed into a couple months ago, scrapes to the front bumper, gouged headlight, 3K in damage, still waiting for parts.

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is not unusual for what appears to be "minor damage" to result in what the insurance companies deem to be a total loss. If you think about it, today's vehicles are built to minimize human damage by structural design. I am sure most of you have heard of the crumple zones. Like David said; "Hardly felt it", referring to the rear end impact. The insurance company would rather be totalling vehicles than paying medical claims and lawsuits. Make sense ?
I believe we are all glad that you did not sustain any injuries. Good luck with whatever you decide on the Maverick settlement.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So sorry for your loss, but that is a result of the high cost of American labor!!! If you took that Maverick across the southern border, you could get it done for significantly less.

In buying a $20,000 truck there have to be corners cut somewhere. I leaned in the rear quarter panel of my Maverick a bit too hard I guess and felt it buckle. There was no permanent damage but the thickness of the sheet metal used is significantly thinner and without reinforcement. I am very careful when pulling out into an intersection and am an overall more careful driver with the Maverick because of its frailty. You can't help it if someone else hits you but I always check behind me even when slowing down and look for an escape route constantly.

All that being said the other insurance company needs to find you a comparable Maverick.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

any decent body shop should be able to handle a 1-1/4" bent rear frame for much less than you were told.
one thing to keep in mind is that the collision and repair will be part of your trucks history and will affect your resale value.
You will get a salvage title if buy the truck, check state laws, would be very difficult to sell the vehicle. Good luck getting parts. there has to be more damage than shown, I see the frame, tailgate and bumper, could need rear body panel and rear floor has too to add up to 25k.

Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You will get a salvage title if buy the truck, check state laws, would be very difficult to sell the vehicle. Good luck getting parts. there has to be more damage than shown, I see the frame, tailgate and bumper, could need rear body panel and rear floor has too to add up to 25k.
Also could be the shop if the insurance company doesn't like the shop because there difficult to deal with and knows there going to get called back for many supplements they can total the vehicle at low as 50% of value take the salvage price and write off the loss. Good luck getting the parts could take months or more.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To all who responded to my post, thanks for your input. Just got pictures of the undercarriage. Check it out.

0755d563-8021-49d2-b9f9-86908497225b-jpeg.jpg

76e112ac-9ad7-456f-a081-91b9ec40813e-jpeg.jpg

Here is a picture of my 2022 Velocity Blue Maverick before and after being rear ended. Believe it or not, what seems to be readily fixable was deemed a total loss by my insurance company. 😩

tempImageqQBmuV.png

IMG_5355.jpeg
Just spit balling here. Is the tail gate, rear lights or quarter panels tweaked at all? If not, if it was my truck I might just pay for the repairs myself. Don't really know if that is feasible but I would look into it. I know repairs are $$$$!

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe see if you can buy it from your insurance company, and see if you can get a body shop to fix it.

EDIT: Based on the new photos, I suspect it's highly likely that someone will buy this from the insurance company, fix the damage, and sell it for decent money with a salvage title. That said, the photos may not be revealing all the damage, so maybe more is going on...
I had the same issue with my Focus but it was far worse, the spare tire bent the frame of the back seat. But they fixed it and I drove that car for another 50k miles before I sold it and had no issues with it. But I had to fight like hell to get the guy that hit me to fix it but I didn't have gap insurance and the car had under 10k miles on it when the idiot hit me.

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you look at Copart and iAAi aution sites there have been a number of rear ended Mavericks with hitches that were salvaged after minor looking hits where the hitch was pushed at an angle causing the bed to be bent or the rear quarters to be kinked. I ordered mine with a hitch but am not going to add a protruding step.
If I add anything to the hitch, it might be some spikes :devilish::devilish:

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To all who responded to my post, thanks for your input. Just got pictures of the undercarriage. Check it out.

0755d563-8021-49d2-b9f9-86908497225b-jpeg.jpg

76e112ac-9ad7-456f-a081-91b9ec40813e-jpeg.jpg
Did you ever decide what you were going to do? If it were me, I'd take the cash, buy it back, have it fixed on the cheap and drive it for a decade or more.

Even if they can't make it perfect underneath, they should be able to get it to look flawless on the outside.

If you're not willing to risk it or if you don't keep trucks for more than a few years, Carmax has some available for $15k over MSRP; but shouldn't the insurance company give you what the truck is worth? Clearly it's worth $38k (at least according to Carmax).

Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid