First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma. C7 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To all who responded to my post, thanks for your input. Just got pictures of the undercarriage. Check it out.

Ford Maverick Minor rear ender or total loss? Answer inside. [Updated with underbody photos of damage] 0755d563-8021-49d2-b9f9-86908497225b-jpe

Ford Maverick Minor rear ender or total loss? Answer inside. [Updated with underbody photos of damage] 76e112ac-9ad7-456f-a081-91b9ec40813e-jpe

Here is a picture of my 2022 Velocity Blue Maverick before and after being rear ended. Believe it or not, what seems to be readily fixable was deemed a total loss by my insurance company. 😩

Ford Maverick Minor rear ender or total loss? Answer inside. [Updated with underbody photos of damage] tempImageqQBmuV

Ford Maverick Minor rear ender or total loss? Answer inside. [Updated with underbody photos of damage] IMG_5355
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe see if you can buy it from your insurance company, and see if you can get a body shop to fix it.

EDIT: Based on the new photos, I suspect it's highly likely that someone will buy this from the insurance company, fix the damage, and sell it for decent money with a salvage title. That said, the photos may not be revealing all the damage, so maybe more is going on...

Last edited:

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just looks like it needs a new bumper and tailgate. Guess there must be frame damage…

Sponsored

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a picture of my 2022 Velocity Blue Maverick before and after being rear ended. Believe it or not, what seems to be readily fixable was deemed a total loss by my insurance company. 😩

tempImageqQBmuV.png

IMG_5355.jpeg
Tailgate $1,000 and bumper assembly $700 used parts is result of quick search.
Must be hidden damage. Any visible damage underneath the truck, on floor of bed, on sides of bed or quarters?

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would assume it is still drive able so take it to a body shop if you haven't already and see what the body shop thinks . Just seems strange even with a frame issue it cant be straightened enough for use.

OP
OP
OldGrayHare

OldGrayHare

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tailgate $1,000 and bumper assembly $700 used parts is result of quick search.
Must be hidden damage. Any visible damage underneath the truck, on floor of bed, on sides of bed or quarters?
Measurement off 31 mm.

OP
OP
OldGrayHare

OldGrayHare

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would assume it is still drive able so take it to a body shop if you haven't already and see what the body shop thinks . Just seems strange even with a frame issue it cant be straightened enough for use.
Body shop quoted about $25K to repair.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The payout should be well over what you paid, if you paid MSRP.

OP
OP
OldGrayHare

OldGrayHare

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WOW. I didn't ask were you okay? Any whip lash? How hard was the hit. 25K what in the world am I missing. Is the bed crinkled up too. No matter that sucks. Man would i be pissed.
Thanks for asking. Hardly felt it. I have bumped into cars harder then that when backing into a parking space.
Sponsored