2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Had my maverick a couple months and got rear ended this morning. I am impressed how well the maverick took the hit compared to the Tacoma that slammed into me.

Hopefully there is no frame damage. We will see what insurance say... I know it will take forever to get parts

Ford Maverick Already got rear ended! [Updated #1 with frame / underbody photos] [Update #2: 6K repair estimate] IMG_20221019_092527812

Updated with frame photos:

Pic 1) Right side with plastic cover pulled back
Pic 2) Right side with plastic cover in place
Pic 3) Left side

Ford Maverick Already got rear ended! [Updated #1 with frame / underbody photos] [Update #2: 6K repair estimate] img_20221020_083012589-

Ford Maverick Already got rear ended! [Updated #1 with frame / underbody photos] [Update #2: 6K repair estimate] img_20221020_082944839-

Ford Maverick Already got rear ended! [Updated #1 with frame / underbody photos] [Update #2: 6K repair estimate] img_20221020_083029119-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had my maverick a couple months and got rear ended this morning. I am impressed how well the maverick took the hit compared to the Tacoma that slammed into me.

Hopefully there is no frame damage. We will see what insurance say... I know it will take forever to get parts

IMG_20221019_092527812.jpg
Sorry for your loss and hope no one was hurt... From what has been recently posted on similar damage, Sadly, it maybe a total loss.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to hear about this damage to your truck. Hopefully, it can be repaired properly and you can get back to your beloved truck. (I know I love mine). Are you sure you didn't take a sledge hammer to the Toyota immediately following the accident?

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I hope everyone is okay! Injured Mavs hurt my heart. Although Mav 1, Tacoma 0.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry for your loss and hope no one was hurt... From what has been recently posted on similar damage, Sadly it maybe a total loss.
Thanks Everyone will be ok. Do you really think they will total it just from this? If they do they better give me what dealers are charging for used hybrid XLs lol

OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wow, that toy was destroyed. Looks like the tailgate took it well, don’t think Maverick was totaled.
Yeah I was surprised. The Tacoma's airbags went off as well

OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wow, that toy was destroyed. Looks like the tailgate took it well, don’t think Maverick was totaled.
Yeah I was surprised. The Tacoma's airbags went off as wlel
I hope everyone is okay! Injured Mavs hurt my heart. Although Mav 1, Tacoma 0.
Team mav!

OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry to hear about this damage to your truck. Hopefully, it can be repaired properly and you can get back to your beloved truck. (I know I love mine). Are you sure you didn't take a sledge hammer to the Toyota immediately following the accident?
I hope so too! It took me over a year to get this truck. And lol at the sledge hammer. That's just karma, not me!

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like you lost the Hybrid badge off the tailgate, lol. Was designing a two piece diy truckbed camper and wondered if the pegs for the tailgate were strong enough to keep the lower half from sliding out. Your crash took that fear away.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like you lost the Hybrid badge off the tailgate, lol. Was designing a two piece diy truckbed camper and wondered if the pegs for the tailgate were strong enough to keep the lower half from sliding out. Your crash took that fear away.
Lol no I actually took off the hybrid badge when I got the truck. But the crash did take off my license plate

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
fishinmagician

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How easy was the task of removing hybrid badge? Want to reduce the selection of my truck to Cat. Thieves.
It was easy once I switched to the right chemical. I grabbed the pledge citrus oil instead of the goof off because they are both orange and the same sized bottles. I was wondering jeez this is taking forever!

Came off it about 5 min with goof off and some heat

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol no I actually took off the hybrid badge when I got the truck. But the crash did take off my license plate
Good grief! Another trip to the DMV?! Now that's something to grieve about. Just kidding, of course. Glad to hear no one hurt except the Tacoma owner's pride.
Sponsored