Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And vehicles have been powered by internal combustion engines for a century. No reason to change that either?

Tesla has shown that the auto industry needs to modernize and change.
Tesla is like Herpes, sadly you can't get rid of it.
Sponsored

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My local Ford dealer in a suburb of San Diego CA is very small. They have between 6-7 Mavs priced between $7500 - 8500 over MSRP, hybrids being + $8500, on their lot today 12/27/22. I have been watching their Mav inventory off and on for a couple of weeks. I think they sold a couple but got a couple too. My guess is they are expecting people to pay the premium using their year-end bonus money so they are holding out. I travelled to a dealer 90 miles away and **only** paid $1800 over sticker in September to tide me over until my '23 hybrid is built - maybe it will be a '24? Meanwhile, I am enjoying my '22 Mav much more than I did my 2016 GMC Canyon V6 which I sold privately for $1000 more than the vehicle price in 2016 [i.e. not including sales tax and license fees].

Last edited:

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was a very strange story on supply chain wows. Inventory building at warehouses is certainly not the whole story. Increased supply would normally cause prices to drop - not increase. But the other side of this is how inconsistent the story is. While warehouses inventories may be high. Consumer supply of end products is LOW. So the issue is in transit and in production. Not in raw material supply in some cases. But in other cases raw materials are also in short supply. So in general the entire supply chain is still out of whack. I think this will pull together sooner than people think but, would not care to guess.

AZ_Kyle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav XLT Lux BAP; '23 Tesla Y LR; '18 Jeep GC
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have received a couple calls from "local" dealers saying they have hybrid Mavericks on the lot. They are still trying to push them off well over MSRP. One dealer had two recent deliveries that the orderer was no longer interested in purchasing the truck. One vehicle caught my eye but they we not even going to consider selling at MSRP, or slightly above.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And vehicles have been powered by internal combustion engines for a century. No reason to change that either?

Tesla has shown that the auto industry needs to modernize and change.
Tesla has shown they can't build an affordable vehicle for the masses despite Musk promising a low-cost Model 3 under $30k for a couple years now. They also have multiple coslty recalls over the years and higher than average chances of fire than most people are comfortable with.

BTW: anyone seen Cybertrucks driving near you yet?

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those interested, confirmed that All-American Ford in Old Bridge, New Jersey has Mavericks on the lot for sale.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just called them. They have ONE available, and when I asked what the price was they said they “prefer to discuss that in person”, and when I said I would prefer to know the price before driving out there they said “as I just said, we only will discuss that in person”.

This is a very old trick. They will do anything- including completely lying about having available Mavericks- to get a sucker in the door. Not sure why you are promoting such a lousy dealer, but it is very unhelpful.

0C7E9858-9CE6-426A-ADF9-579BA1E5FB2D.png
Their site literally says “call for price” and they won’t give it over the phone lol. Such a joke.

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I learned that lesson back earlier in the year when I was searching for a Mav to buy after the missing the order deadline. After about 3 weeks of diligent searching I finally found one that a customer declined.
I missed the order deadline in early 22 and began to look around the country for one to buy, but ran into the 5-10k markup on new or used. Got my order in during the September order date and hopefully it will be here next month. I bought it at MSRP and locked in finance rate on order date.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tesla has shown they can't build an affordable vehicle for the masses despite Musk promising a low-cost Model 3 under $30k for a couple years now. They also have multiple coslty recalls over the years and higher than average chances of fire than most people are comfortable with.

BTW: anyone seen Cybertrucks driving near you yet?
They are just cordless driving appliances. Once the battery pack dies, it will be thrown out like a cordless shaver or cordless vacuum.

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are just cordless driving appliances. Once the battery pack dies, it will be thrown out like a cordless shaver or cordless vacuum.
... But they sure kick ass! (Mine does, anyway)

Skandren

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sat in my first Maverick Today. It was a 2022 eco boost. Used with a little over 100 miles. It was a XLT for $46K Sales Manager came out and tried to make me see what a deal I would be getting. Honestly, I just wanted to sit in it. He told me that the price would be staying up there from supply in Demand. I asked him if he was smoking his breakfast.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs