Maverick XLT Hybrid dead battery issue

Jesstornado

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
I came to this forum after our Maverick battery died last night. Realizing now this could be more of an issue :( it’s at the dealer now, but here’s what happened.
My husband took it to the UP to hunt and throughout that week I got a bunch of “deep sleep” notifications on my ford app but it still started fine for him. I was just guessing the severe cold. We drove all the way home and it sat for a day. We tried to start it and nothing. The weird thing is when we went to jump it it came alive when we attached the cable. The other vehicle wasn’t even started… he then took it for a 30 minute drive got gas and parked it in the garage. About 20 mins later I got a notification saying the remote features are disabled to conserve energy. Then not too much longer, the app said deep sleep mode again. So I walked out to the garage and opened a door on the truck and the lights didn’t even flash … battery dead again. So this morning he jumps it (starts with just attaching the cables again) and drove it to the dealer.
We have 11,500 miles on our maverick. I’ve read a few different things it could be, but am feeling very nervous about it all.
Any other similar experiences? We’re dealerships able to diagnose and fix the problem? I heard rumors of a recall?
Thanks and I hope you don’t have this problem with your mav
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I came to this forum after our Maverick battery died last night. Realizing now this could be more of an issue :( it’s at the dealer now, but here’s what happened.
My husband took it to the UP to hunt and throughout that week I got a bunch of “deep sleep” notifications on my ford app but it still started fine for him. I was just guessing the severe cold. We drove all the way home and it sat for a day. We tried to start it and nothing. The weird thing is when we went to jump it it came alive when we attached the cable. The other vehicle wasn’t even started… he then took it for a 30 minute drive got gas and parked it in the garage. About 20 mins later I got a notification saying the remote features are disabled to conserve energy. Then not too much longer, the app said deep sleep mode again. So I walked out to the garage and opened a door on the truck and the lights didn’t even flash … battery dead again. So this morning he jumps it (starts with just attaching the cables again) and drove it to the dealer.
We have 11,500 miles on our maverick. I’ve read a few different things it could be, but am feeling very nervous about it all.
Any other similar experiences? We’re dealerships able to diagnose and fix the problem? I heard rumors of a recall?

This issue has been talked about on here a lot. Most likely problem with one of the cable eyelets.
I don't think there will ever be a recall for this.

Tell your dealer to check out TSB 22-2340 "FHEV - No Crank/No Start Condition Due To A Loose Or Detached Eyelet Terminal - Built On Or Before 13-May-2022 "

Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2022 Maverick

• Built on or before 13-May-2022

• 2.5L FHEV

• No crank/no start condition without 12V power supply in the battery junction box

• C1617E eyelet connection loose or detached

It is most likely that issue. Ford pays about 6 hours (so it will probably take the dealer 6-8 hours to complete). High voltage battery cables will be replaced.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This issue has been talked about on here a lot. Most likely problem with one of the cable eyelets.

Tell your dealer to check out TSB 22-2340 "FHEV - No Crank/No Start Condition Due To A Loose Or Detached Eyelet Terminal - Built On Or Before 13-May-2022 "

Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2022 Maverick

• 2.5L FHEV

• No crank/no start condition without 12V power supply in the battery junction box

It is most likely that issue. Ford pays about 6 hours (so it will probably take the dealer 6-8 hours to complete). High voltage battery cables will be replaced.

And I just checked. High voltage battery cable is available. So I don't think the dealer should have a hard time getting parts.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@KevCuRaoi Ford should be paying you a little extra for all the helpful info you give the members.👏

Go Bengals on January 2nd :)

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@KevCuRaoi Ford should be paying you a little extra for all the helpful info you give the members.👏

Go Bengals on January 2nd :)
I'm happy to help....But I wouldn't complain if Ford wanted to pay me for helping! :D

I hope it is a good game on Jan 2nd.... But I think I'll be rooting for the other team! ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jesstornado

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid

• 2022 Maverick

• 2.5L FHEV

Well just got back from my dealer and they couldn’t find anything wrong. The truck threw zero codes. This tsb you mentions didn’t apply to my truck as it was built in later May. I had forgotten the date. They read through some other tsb and they mentioned the one about the third party apps to start the vehicle. I only use Ford Pass but they concluded that the app must not be letting the vehicle rest properly. So he recommended I remove the vehicle and delete the app. I don’t use it anyway, so we’ll see if that helps or not.
His techs had also never heard of “deep sleep mode”. He said they are not trained on the ford pass app specifically so they didn’t even know that was a thing. They were most baffled by the fact it didn’t need a full jump just like a jolt. He said if the car battery actually died there would b some sort of code or dash light.
so I’ve deleted the app and I suppose I see if the problem is solved. Thank you for your advice and help though.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well just got back from my dealer and they couldn’t find anything wrong. The truck threw zero codes. This tsb you mentions didn’t apply to my truck as it was built in later May. I had forgotten the date. They read through some other tsb and they mentioned the one about the third party apps to start the vehicle. I only use Ford Pass but they concluded that the app must not be letting the vehicle rest properly. So he recommended I remove the vehicle and delete the app. I don’t use it anyway, so we’ll see if that helps or not.
His techs had also never heard of “deep sleep mode”. He said they are not trained on the ford pass app specifically so they didn’t even know that was a thing. They were most baffled by the fact it didn’t need a full jump just like a jolt. He said if the car battery actually died there would b some sort of code or dash light.
so I’ve deleted the app and I suppose I see if the problem is solved. Thank you for your advice and help though.
You're welcome! I hope that works for you!! But I do suspect that the issue the TSB describes applies to your vehicle as well, despite the dates....it sounds just like the issue people were having with that high voltage battery cable.

If the issue happens again, ask your dealership to contact the Tech Hotline. If it were at our dealership, I'd have them ask the Tech hotline if we should perform the TSB even though the build-date is outside of the range.

I think that that message in Ford Pass may be a symptom rather than a cause of the issue.

My own Hybrid Maverick is inside the date range by a couple of weeks. I've never had any issues with it. I do carry around a jump pack just in case though!
Good luck!

OP
OP

Jesstornado

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
You're welcome! I hope that works for you!! But I do suspect that the issue the TSB describes applies to your vehicle as well, despite the dates....it sounds just like the issue people were having with that high voltage battery cable.

If the issue happens again, ask your dealership to contact the Tech Hotline. If it were at our dealership, I'd have them ask the Tech hotline if we should perform the TSB even though the build-date is outside of the range.

I think that that message in Ford Pass may be a symptom rather than a cause of the issue.

My own Hybrid Maverick is inside the date range by a couple of weeks. I've never had any issues with it. I do carry around a jump pack just in case though!
Good luck!
Definitely. They mentioned something about the Tech Hotline but if it goes back I will push for that TSB
Thanks again!

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Typical ford response. I’ve brought mine in with stored codes that turned off but they refused to fix. Right now it’s been at the dealer for a check engine light and misfire with rough idle. They told me light is off so I’m trying to convince them to check the damn stored code and I won’t be picking it up until they resolve the misfire and rough idle. Don’t pick yours up, demand they resolve it.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was also built later in May and I have been constantly getting the deep sleep warning for about a month now. Knock on wood it has started when I needed to use it. I'm guessing it could be a bad 12v battery and not the cable issue for me. Fingers crossed. I will keep an eye on this post.

Sponsored

PeteSJCA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm a little confused (nothing new...) Which app did they want you to remove, the 3rd party app or Fordpass?

OP
OP

Jesstornado

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Ford Pass. He said the TSB talked about the use of third party apps and thinks the FordPass could have some glitch or something that’s doing the same.

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi I’m have the deep sleep mode now pop up on my ford pass too. Can anyone confirm deleting the ford pass had solve the alert

MaverickGrip72

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
I am new to this forum but this is exactly the reason I joined. I received my Maverick at the end of December 2021 and worked fine up until September 2022. I jumped in my Maverick at 7am to go to work and it was completely dead. The service report said that "battery voltage higher then car is seeing, tested all mega fuses and found high resistance in battery cable at connector c1617e (as said earlier by @KevCuRaoi) and this morning, 3 months later, I had the same issue. Now I wont have a vehicle for a whole week, besides the point, but I'm curious to know if there's a better fix? The mechanic at the shop I go to last time said he did a temporary fix and that lasted about 3 months. Why isn't Ford sending out an actual recall with a real fix for this issue if they know what the problem is, as seen in these forums with so many people having the same problem? Really not appreciating Ford or hybrids in general at the moment.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am new to this forum but this is exactly the reason I joined. I received my Maverick at the end of December 2021 and worked fine up until September 2022. I jumped in my Maverick at 7am to go to work and it was completely dead. The service report said that "battery voltage higher then car is seeing, tested all mega fuses and found high resistance in battery cable at connector c1617e (as said earlier by @KevCuRaoi) and this morning, 3 months later, I had the same issue. Now I wont have a vehicle for a whole week, besides the point, but I'm curious to know if there's a better fix? The mechanic at the shop I go to last time said he did a temporary fix and that lasted about 3 months. Why isn't Ford sending out an actual recall with a real fix for this issue if they know what the problem is, as seen in these forums with so many people having the same problem? Really not appreciating Ford or hybrids in general at the moment.
There's a TSB
Sponsored