2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_0228.jpeg

Hey folks. Recently got the new Condor Overland 2 from Roofnest. Wife and I doing the maiden voyage this weekend in Pennsylvania elk country. Will post some additional up close pics of tent later. Works really good and super easy to set up and tear down.

My rack sits above the cab so tent does take a good bite out of fuel economy. I'd say 2-3 mpg. But it is cool and fun! 😎

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0231.jpeg
You're living the life! Gorgeous wife, tent, and truck!

I wish I had one of those! Lol!

Makes me wanna trade in my hybrid for the EcoBoost.

Also, what chairs are you guys using? Are those the reclining ones from REI?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A bear in Sequoia National Park chased me to the top of my 1970 VW Combi, true story, the spare tire is a perfect on-ramp to the roof. I guess I screamed cause all the campers in the sites were banging pots like I was a healthcare professional during Covid Lockdown…😂
Kinda like the two Louisiana Cajuns. One wanted to stay in tent and sleep while other one wanted to go out and hunt bear. A bear chased him and he tripped as soon as he got to tent door. He just opened the tent door and told his buddy to clean that one while he went out and got another one.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Weight limit?

MattyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav 2.0 AWD, Lariat Lux, FX4, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t camp anymore, but if I did, your rig would be top of the list to review. Great idea on the side bars giving tension to the tent.

I’m guessing, around $5k for all the tent and supports with attachments?
I'd say almost 10 including the camper and all accessories

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Super cool setup. That would have been hazardous to my health when I was a partyer. Watch that first step when you go to take a pee in the middle of the night. 😬

Last edited:
OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMG_0228.jpeg

Hey folks. Recently got the new Condor Overland 2 from Roofnest. Wife and I doing the maiden voyage this weekend in Pennsylvania elk country. Will post some additional up close pics of tent later. Works really good and super easy to set up and tear down.

My rack sits above the cab so tent does take a good bite out of fuel economy. I'd say 2-3 mpg. But it is cool and fun! 😎

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0231.jpeg
Looks great! Hope you both have a great time. I used to ride in the area you're going to. If the weather is good, you'll have a good time.

Sponsored

SirMaximBelov

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Maxim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMG_0228.jpeg

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0231.jpeg
I'm curious, have you tried setting the tent up so the ladder goes off the back of the truck instead of the side?

I have an RTT but wanted to load it differently and didn't know if it made sense.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

MattyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav 2.0 AWD, Lariat Lux, FX4, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean the #1 goal of overlanding is to get your buddies (and strangers) to spend a ridiculous amount of money on gear. Can't do that if you don't make them jealous first!
Fully agree! I'm the latest victim of that Ponzi scheme lol
Just bought a Trux Elevate rack and a $2400 rooftop tent and $1500 worth of solar power generators 😂

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I mean the #1 goal of overlanding is to get your buddies (and strangers) to spend a ridiculous amount of money on gear. Can't do that if you don't make them jealous first!
exactly why I left my credit card at home when I went to Overland Expo PNW. Still only partially worked…..😂
Sponsored