First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Both really interesting. That trucks right along the lines of what I'm looking at... Basically rwd for 4-6k or 4x4 for 6-8k. Finding them here and there... Will probably decide if that's what I want to do by late April. Will look into cost/feasibility of the electric converts in the meantime. If I can get an old 2door ranger in great shape, convert it and add heated seats, that could be my truck for awhile.
Sponsored

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can feel for you on the wait but if you can hold out I think you'll love your Maverick I ordered mine 6/21/21 received it 3/10/22 xlt luxury pac I love it driving past the gas stations is so cool!
Congratulations on your new ride! Hopefully one day I'll have one...

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to Hyundai today. No Santa Cruz on lot but 3 arrived and were sold last week and two more expected next week.

Offered to let me make a down payment and reserve any that their website shows as en route (so they aren't fake/already sold like ford dealers are doing), BUT $6000 over msrp.... And talking with the salesman, who seemed happy for a distraction...

They are paying over msrp on relatively new tradeins and then reselling them for 3-4k over sticker.

It's not just Santa Cruz that they don't have. He said SC sell instantly, but they have 2-3 of most other popular vehicles on the lot, tops.... And the premium over msrp is on everything.

Also said their supply is weird too .. some vehicles get there early, others are 2+ months late. I told him what's going on with Ford preorders (Dec orders already delivered and June ones without build dates) and he didn't believe me. Seemed to indicate that's a patented Ford f-up.

Last edited:

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 1500lb payload is smoke and mirrors. It’s a 4ft bed. That makes it less useful than a Ranger bed regardless of payload.

If you’re cross shopping a 4x4 body on frame Ranger and AWD unitized Mav you don’t really need a Ranger

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 1500lb payload is smoke and mirrors. It’s a 4ft bed. That makes it less useful than a Ranger bed regardless of payload.

If you’re cross shopping a 4x4 body on frame Ranger and AWD unitized Mav you don’t really need a Ranger
I dunno can we do the math? What volume is the Maverick bed? We can see how much rock weight it can hold?

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
dont bother bro...
I can’t resist… Mav bed volume 33.3cubic feet = ~1.2 cubic yards.

1 cubic yard of rock is between 2400 to 2900 lbs so the bed vs payload size won’t matter for rock, it’s easily maxed out in either without filling the bed?

1 cu yd of mulch is 400-800 lbs though.

1 yo mama is 5800 lbs.

jk don’t hurt me

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only way I'm getting rid of my maverick is if I can a ranger raptor, and if it has 400 hp. Other wise fixing up the maverick and hurting some big truck/v8 feelings 🤣🤣🤣
Ford Maverick Maverick vs Ranger - Which is the Better Small Ford Pickup? [Truck King Review] CryingFord

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went for the maverick as I have a F150 and chev commute car,
I sold my boat last year so only need a truck for the side by side and normal small truck things.
Sell both and buy a maverick, hopefully save money on insurance and running two vehicles
Gong from a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X to the Maverick I saved $10 per month on insurance. I don't know and I don't care why I just like the smaller number.
Sponsored