Sponsored

Ford Maverick vs. Hyundai Santa Cruz | Small-Truck Comparison Test | Price, Towing, Specs & More

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I test drove a maverick XLT with the FX4 off road package. Heard a little more tire noise on the road than I would have liked but not a big issue. Thinking it was due to the AT tires. Ride quality was good. Not much stiffer if at all than my 2018 Ford Escape. I ordered my Maverick XLT without the tow or FX4 package, but with the luxury package. The tires should be a bit quieter and less stiff since they are not AT which is why I opted not to get the FX4 package. I don't off road anyways.

As far as the SC, not sure I like that all digital speedometer/tachometer. DON'T like the gloss black dash trim. Hate that on ANY car. Whomever thought shiny black dash trim that reflects sunlight and shows up dust and fingerprints was a good idea needs a kick in the gonads. As far as the tire size.... I think 20" is too big. Many manufacturers are putting these big wheels on smaller vehicles for looks. Much more chance of damaging the wheel on a bad pot hole or obstacle when you have a big wheel and a thinner tire sidewall.

Big thing for me is the size of the center console. Ford designed the center console to be lower in height than the seat bottoms so that the drivers right knee and the passengers left knee would not be up against the center console. Watch the Truck kings video part where he is reviewing the interior and you can see how his right knee is right up against the SC's tall middle console. I have relatively long legs myself so it would be an issue for me in the SC.
Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another Side-by-Side video, but not a great watch. Only thing she really noted is that the Maverick 8-speed has slightly more delay than the Hyundai 8-speed DCT and there was slightly more interior noise, but she wasn't in a Lariat that has an acoustic windshield.

Wholeeon

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & SantaCruz
I have both of these trucklets and I love them both! It's honestly just preference. The inside looks more premium in the cruz but the colors on the maverick and the design elements actually make it look cooler. Looks wise, do you want a baby truck or a spaceship? The only real difference I see is the comfort in the drive. My santa cruz is a MUCH better ride (both with base tires and wheels)
Sponsored