Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Glad to say I do, we factored an EV into the calculation when we put in our array. Generating extra now but its there when we need it.
Yeah we are on the smaller side of things out here. 3 small 12x16 cabins on our land all share a 2500 watts on a 16 cell 48v system. We also have a cheap 500 watt 4 cell 12v supplemental system in our shop. Thinking about upgrading that to a 6 or 8 cell possibly 24v system with another 300 watt panel. Just so we can add a chest freezer to our lanai. But its gonna be a big big step up to being able to charge a EV. We have had thoughts of building a 2 car carpot with a solar panel only roof and battery house wall on one end for that sort of thing in the future though.
Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oddly coincidental but the ad playing on your post was for a Chevy Blazer EV :) And the next ad was for a Toyota BZ4X....................

We are very lucky here, when we built the house we designed it with solar in mind. House faces due south and we have a 19kW array on the roof. Supplies the house and my production wood shop, usually with some left over. Grid connected so whatever extra we produce we give away to the power company but that's OK for now.

OP
OP

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Agree, I would much rather have a Maverick Lightening
Me too... And Ford has registered the name Maverick Lightening, so it is probably coming eventually, maybe a year or two after whenever they release the Ranger.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oddly coincidental but the ad playing on your post was for a Chevy Blazer EV :) And the next ad was for a Toyota BZ4X....................

We are very lucky here, when we built the house we designed it with solar in mind. House faces due south and we have a 19kW array on the roof. Supplies the house and my production wood shop, usually with some left over. Grid connected so whatever extra we produce we give away to the power company but that's OK for now.
Gotta love that algorithm!

Yeah we are just poor simple jungle folks. Built everything our sleves paycheck to paycheck. But hey we got land on Maui so we are basically millionaires or atleast we will be in 20 years when we pay it off on 5 incomes:ROFLMAO:

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah we are just poor simple jungle folks. Built everything our sleves paycheck to paycheck. But hey we got land on Maui so we are basically millionaires or atleast we will be in 20 years when we pay it off on 5 incomes:ROFLMAO:
I can appreciate that. My wife and I built our first house ourselves. A few friends and a lot of beer. Took us 7 years to finish. Never had a mortgage, built more as money came in. But that was a long time ago. Young and dumb and glad to have a roof over heads.
Had a contractor build this house and it drove me nuts not being able to jump in and swing a hammer.

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am in my 70's so life is too short to wait for a maybe in a couple years. :)

Last edited:

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me too... And Ford has registered the name Maverick Lightening, so it is probably coming eventually, maybe a year or two after whenever they release the Ranger.
2026 probably.

hockeypukk54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Until Ford can catch up with preorder on the Lightning it probably doesn’t make much sense to launch another electric truck model. MY2025 is my guess, with possibility of PHEV in 2024.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Until Ford can catch up with preorder on the Lightning it probably doesn’t make much sense to launch another electric truck model. MY2025 is my guess, with possibility of PHEV in 2024.
2025 suppose to have plug in hybrid ranger.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It still seems like 90% of all Ford resources go to building F-150's. I went on the web site of the dealer I ordered my Maverick from and found. 0 Mavericks (no surprise) 0 Mustangs, 0 Rangers, 0 Expeditions, 1 Explorer, 2 Escapes and 52 F-150's. Says all I need to know.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It still seems like 90% of all Ford resources go to building F-150's. I went on the web site of the dealer I ordered my Maverick from and found. 0 Mavericks (no surprise) 0 Mustangs, 0 Rangers, 0 Expeditions, 1 Explorer, 2 Escapes and 52 F-150's. Says all I need to know.
How many of those F-150s are sitting in a lot "built", but waiting for actual completion to ship and are just showing up in inventory because they're invoiced?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Make that 48 F-150's. Must have sold 4 today. 22 are in transit, 26 are listed as in stock. That is still a damn good number. If they had 26 Rangers in stock, I would be driving up there tomorrow.
Sponsored