Maverick vs Ranger

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Now I need to decide which one stays when my Bronco finally shows up. It’ll probably be the Maverick because it’s newer, has a better interior, gets better gas mileage, and my wife loves it. Well, except she says weird car dudes keeping talking to her about it wherever she goes.

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Ranger E5B4E9DE-7497-42E9-9E1F-5BECB0EBAC14
Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you regularly need the towing and bed capabilities of the Ranger? If not, ditch it. Keep in mind if you do need a Ranger every once in a blue moon, its probably cheaper to rent a truck for a day than to own and drive a Ranger all year long.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy Wife, Happy Life :)

OP
OP

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Do you regularly need the towing and bed capabilities of the Ranger? If not, ditch it. Keep in mind if you do need a Ranger every once in a blue moon, its probably cheaper to rent a truck for a day than to own and drive a Ranger all year long.
No we don’t. The Ranger is a great truck but the Maverick is pretty much the perfect vehicle for my wife. I drove it home from the dealer almost two months ago, and I haven’t driven it since.

Sponsored

OP
OP

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Might want to ask the wife.
Ultimately she won't care that much. The Maverick is a better vehicle for our current use case, so that will be the answer. Well, until the Explorer EV or Ranger EV is out in 3-5 years.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I replaced my 2019 XLT FX4 Tow Ranger for the Maverick, haven't regretted it a day! Wife couldn't stand the Ranger (not sure if you have the FX4, but it was a bouncy ride...fun for the driver, not for everyone else!). I liked it, but we both love the Maverick after 5+ months. Didn't hurt that we came out ahead on the Ranger sale to Carmax (by a pretty substantial margin) - I told Granger what they offered and they told me to run there and sell it to them, hahaha.

OP
OP

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I replaced my 2019 XLT FX4 Tow Ranger for the Maverick, haven't regretted it a day! Wife couldn't stand the Ranger (not sure if you have the FX4, but it was a bouncy ride...fun for the driver, not for everyone else!). I liked it, but we both love the Maverick after 5+ months. Didn't hurt that we came out ahead on the Ranger sale to Carmax (by a pretty substantial margin) - I told Granger what they offered and they told me to run there and sell it to them, hahaha.
The Maverick definitely rides better and gets better MPG than the Ranger. The 2.3T Ranger gets worse fuel economy than a 2.7TT F150 in real life.

Sponsored

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
I wanted a "small" truck. Ranger, Colorado, Frontier and even Ridgeline are all "mid-sized" trucks now. Currently the only small trucks are Maverick and Santa Cruz, with Montana coming out next year I hear. Looked at the Ranger but just too big and not what I was looking for.

OP
OP

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I wanted a "small" truck. Ranger, Colorado, Frontier and even Ridgeline are all "mid-sized" trucks now. Currently the only small trucks are Maverick and Santa Cruz, with Montana coming out next year I hear. Looked at the Ranger but just too big and not what I was looking for.
The Ranger is less than a foot longer than a Maverick and less than an inch wider. If it had the same bed length it would be even closer in length. The Maverick isn’t a “small” truck either. There are zero places I could park my Maverick that I couldn’t park my Ranger.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
there is no credible evidence of any Montana coming out- certainly not next year. Just some wishful thinking and "articles" trying to generate clicks.

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
The Ranger is less than a foot longer than a Maverick and less than an inch wider. If it had the same bed length it would be even closer in length. The Maverick isn’t a “small” truck either. There are zero places I could park my Maverick that I couldn’t park my Ranger.
The other day I came out of a cafe and an older (2010-2011?) Ranger was parked next to my Maverick. They were pretty close to the same size (I didn't bother to measure them so there could be some differences.). So, Yes, to me the Maverick is a "small" truck. But, you have your opinion and that's okay too.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ranger was bit more truck than i needed. So it was down to the maverick or cruz . I wasnt ready spend 40k to get bells and whistle and at 24k i could get maverick xlt . Went with xlt maverick in the end.
Sponsored