First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A co-worker from the Rochester area mentioned he put a snow shovel over his shoulder and started walking South.
When he got to where people asked him what that thing was he was hauling along, he figured he was far enough to not worry about snow, and quit walking...
Cleveland had its 'lake effect' areas too, and its not-lake effect areas were almost as bad.
I moved in '77 and didn't look back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sooooo jealous of all these snow pictures. Could ya'll just pull out with your truck full of snow and bring some of it to us poor unfortunates in Alabama? I love snow, we so rarely get any, and entire state shuts down in a panic if we even get 1/64".
As a fellow Alabamian, watch your mouth.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same in Texas, people panic and clean out the grocery stores. It's hilarious to watch.
well after that last storm they got, might be slightly justified! Power was out for a couple weeks in some spots. If I recall right it messed up the xylene factories bad enough spray in bed liners were a constraint for the 22 Maverick.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TheQuixotic1

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max SEL. 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was born and raised between Detroit and Toledo and that was terrible winter weather: something happens on the far west side of Lake Erie that most of the time dumps a nasty mix of sleet, freezing rain, and slushy snow. I went to college just outside of Grand Rapids, MI about 15 miles east of Lake Michigan. That was a "perfect" lake-effect snow area: plenty of fluffy powder and the DOT snow plows seemed to be pretty competent and on top of it over there. Spent 2 years in Fort Wayne, IN and that was just south enough to miss most of the lake-effect, but was still cold and windy as hell. I lived in Erie, PA for 3 years and that's just a mini-Buffalo of absurd lake-effect. This year I moved to the west exurbs of Cleveland and I'm wondering what is in store; sure would be nice to have the AWD Maverick I ordered to handle it with...

Sponsored

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live just south of Erie and have been watching the Buffalo news all weekend thanking God that that just missed us! Lived 14 years south of Rochester and remember very vividly digging out of deep snow many times. Not 6' - 7' of it though so.... I do however remember a couple of 5'+ dig-outs growing up south east of Denver in the plains. Not fun at all!

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was born and raised between Detroit and Toledo and that was terrible winter weather: something happens on the far west side of Lake Erie that most of the time dumps a nasty mix of sleet, freezing rain, and slushy snow. I went to college just outside of Grand Rapids, MI about 15 miles east of Lake Michigan. That was a "perfect" lake-effect snow area: plenty of fluffy powder and the DOT snow plows seemed to be pretty competent and on top of it over there. Spent 2 years in Fort Wayne, IN and that was just south enough to miss most of the lake-effect, but was still cold and windy as hell. I lived in Erie, PA for 3 years and that's just a mini-Buffalo of absurd lake-effect. This year I moved to the west exurbs of Cleveland and I'm wondering what is in store; sure would be nice to have the AWD Maverick I ordered to handle it with...
Nice to hear from another Cleveland West-sider here on the forum. My wife has a C-Max to go with my Maverick too...

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you even dig out from that much snow?!

Block

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nowhere near Buffalo…Lake Erie is west of Buffalo. Natural Bridge is east of Lake Ontario, well north of Syracuse, 150+ miles from Buffalo.

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Block is correct, Natural Bridge where these were taken isn't Buffalo, it's about a 4 hour drive... in nice weather... This time of year, that's few and far between headed that way...

I do have a question for @btas though; Why did you wait until the end to shovel it all?

I'm between 'Cuse and Rochester, I always try to make it out every couple hours when we get big snow fall like that, and I use a snowblower... Even did so when I was stationed at Drum, 2007 was the first time in my life I had seen so much snow at one time...

Sponsored

TheQuixotic1

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max SEL. 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice to hear from another Cleveland West-sider here on the forum. My wife has a C-Max to go with my Maverick too...
My C-Max was the very first one sold in Las Vegas when it launched in 2012; my customer order beat all dealer stock deliveries. Those were the days, huh? :ROFLMAO:

145,000 miles later and she's still a great vehicle; although I think she still holds it against me leaving the southwest desert climate after 4 years to move back to the midwest.

Amherst is a nice small-town and an easy commute for my job in Oberlin. Wife ended up finding a job in Berea though, so we might try to build somewhere southeast of Elyria in due time. We consider ourselves lucky for more or less having to find a house in the blind and on a tight schedule.

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My C-Max was the very first one sold in Las Vegas when it launched in 2012; my customer order beat all dealer stock deliveries. Those were the days, huh? :ROFLMAO:

145,000 miles later and she's still a great vehicle; although I think she still holds it against me leaving the southwest desert climate after 4 years to move back to the midwest.

Amherst is a nice small-town and an easy commute for my job in Oberlin. Wife ended up finding a job in Berea though, so we might try to build somewhere southeast of Elyria in due time. We consider ourselves lucky for more or less having to find a house in the blind and on a tight schedule.
My wife (not at the time) saw one at the LA Auto show in 2013 or 14 and had thought about it for a long time. Picked up a used 2017 model about 18 months ago and is absolutely in love with it still. Only 35k miles on it right now. We're in Westlake.

Gmac1

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Dodge ram, 19 Ford escape,69 GTO, 78 Westy,05 x
I live around 2 hrs. South of Erie,PA and we didn't get hardly any snow here thank goodness. I've been in Erie a few times when they had lake effect snow storms and it was crazy. Most snow at one time I've ever seen.

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm, Nobody sells an electric heated car cover?

btas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Mustang, Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Block is correct, Natural Bridge where these were taken isn't Buffalo, it's about a 4 hour drive... in nice weather... This time of year, that's few and far between headed that way...

I do have a question for @btas though; Why did you wait until the end to shovel it all?

I'm between 'Cuse and Rochester, I always try to make it out every couple hours when we get big snow fall like that, and I use a snowblower... Even did so when I was stationed at Drum, 2007 was the first time in my life I had seen so much snow at one time...
I did go out each day and snow blow. The amount of snow was overwhelming. I've got a snow blower that has tracks instead of wheels. Works great. If I hadn't have gone out to try and stay on top of it, I'd still be trapped in now. For awhile we were getting 5 inches per hour. I knocked snow off the truck each time as well. If I hadn't, it'd have been even more on top of it. This was the most snow I've ever seen fall since living here. I'm a disabled Veteran so going out once each day was all I could manage. Was over at my Dad's house digging out his Silverado earlier today. He's 83 and couldn't get out to try and stay on top of this storm. There's been National Guard giant snow blowers going around town with dump trucks today trying to get this mess under control. They're still pulling abandoned cars and trucks out of snow banks along roads. There's so many that the Schools have been closed since the buses can run due to unplowed roads. They're begging people to go get their cars so they can plow.
Sponsored