First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Maverick is a SNOW MACHINE!!!! [Watch] 8B5CB859-8E26-4C4B-B2AD-5F8B82F75188
Upstate NY - studded snows (on my F150).
Sponsored

Edd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai, Ford Maverick Area 51 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad to hear that the stock Continentals do well in snow.
I have an XLT AWD an live in NE Pa. Never know what to expect.
Thanks for the vid. Merry Christmas to all

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
up in canada. my Mav does great in slippery with the AWD (prob because of the independent front and rear suspension with wildpeak AT's). Does great changing unplowed lanes on the highway doing 40-50MPH with out loosing traction. You do need to be very careful if the front end does looses traction (playing around in the side streets, it will cause significant understeer when the front end breaks loose (I am coming from a wrangler and used to slide the back end). Keep the rev's low and should be fine.

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
First snow day with the mav. Handled it very well. Vancouver BC Canada doesn't get a lot of snow so it was nice to go for a spin in some fresh stuff. TC and ALB seam good for a budget ride.

OP
OP
MAVelous

MAVelous

First Name
Phin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL
up in canada. my Mav does great in slippery with the AWD (prob because of the independent front and rear suspension with wildpeak AT's). Does great changing unplowed lanes on the highway doing 40-50MPH with out loosing traction. You do need to be very careful if the front end does looses traction (playing around in the side streets, it will cause significant understeer when the front end breaks loose (I am coming from a wrangler and used to slide the back end). Keep the rev's low and should be fine.
Good stuff! I wonder if applying the emergency brake would bring the back end around ...he he heeeee! We`ll give her a try next blizzard

Sponsored

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Texan here...I don't do snow much. Last year when we had snow my FWD focus was just fine. I just allowed plenty of room to brake. 👍

That said, I imagine the Mavericks light weight, compared to other trucks, is an advantage.

P.S. all you who make fun of southerners for shutting down when there's winter weather....#1. most of the time, we don't get snow, we get SLEET and ICE. No one is a good driver in ice. Especially when it's randomly placed. #2. We don't have salt/sand trucks. Snowed roads stay snowed and without grit to aide in traction until it melts.

Sincerely,
All Southern Drivers
I'm from Colorado and learned to drive in the snow. That said my only major accident to date (knock on wood) was in a Ford Ranger in snow. I was stationed at Ft. Hood in the early 90's when we had a snowstorm blow through. Literally dropped like 3 inches of snow. But that covered an inch of ice. Was like being on skates trying to drive. Bell county had sold all their snow removal equipment a couple of years earlier because of how rarely it was used and the cost to keep it up. Closed everything down for like 3 days until mother nature took care of it.

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My AWD Escape came with Bridgestone Ecopias. They proved far better in snow than expected. Glad to see other Ford OEM tires work well in the white stuff.
Those will be my replacements come time for new tires

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven't had a problem with snow since moving to Orlando area from Ohio in 1998 . grew up and lived in Cleveland Ohio. Lived in Columbus Ohio for 18 years . always enjoyed driving or down hill skiing but not shoveling the snow .

Ford Maverick Maverick is a SNOW MACHINE!!!! [Watch] 20221016_085836
Sponsored