2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Looks like a XL trim front end mixed with a regular FX4 package. I don't see anything special visually.

AFAIK, the 2.3 is simply a stroked 2.0. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd be a lot more excited if it were a GDI+port injected engine, but being so similar you just get a bit more power with the same carbon fouling concern if you keep it long term.
"Carbon fouling" - Aren't Taco Tuesdays 🌮 "carbon fouling?"

bradfordly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if this will be a new trim level like Tremor, or just a package you add onto the trim like FX4

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
TBH, I think Maverick Tremor has a better ring to it than "Rattler." Either way, they should give it a higher ride height plus the twin-clutch RWD unit in the Bronco Sport Badlands/First Edition to make it seem like an upgrade over the FX4.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
What is a "def hear"

I'm sorry, but how do you know this isn't a higher performance version of the Mav? Has Ford even made any announcements about this? Are you sure the truck in the picture isn't test-muling a 2.3L . Oh thats right you don't know for sure.
"def hear" is that like Def Leppard? 😆

Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Bronco Sport Badlands has much better approach & departure angles, shorter wheelbase, better break-over. And best of all it doesn't have the exhaust routed under the rear end that everyone seems to think will get ripped off of their Maverick..

The Maverick Rattler can wear some of the same hardware (twin-clutch rear), but it simply won't fare as well off-road as it's cousin the Bronco Sport Badlands because of geometry.

This concept is fun and it will certainly sell, but the reality is that most who buy this model will just pound pavement with it.
Sure, but a Bronco w Sasquatch is better in those respects due to geometry than a Ranger Tremor, but a Ranger Tremor is still a badass off-roader.

How do you know they aren't working to resolve some of these issues? 💁🏼‍♂️

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Have you seen some of the lifted Mavericks on here? They look ridiculous "lifted" with bigger tires. Ford did not design the wheel wells large enough to accommodate 31-32" tires that everyone seems to think they need to stuff in there. This is turning out to be just like the F150 community where owners smash 35's into their wheel wells with a little puck spacer up front. Then they have to trim the truck to hell in order to turn...
I actually think they look pretty cool lifted. Like the Toyota and Datsun small trucks you saw lifted in the 1980's.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Have you seen some of the lifted Mavericks on here? They look ridiculous "lifted" with bigger tires. Ford did not design the wheel wells large enough to accommodate 31-32" tires that everyone seems to think they need to stuff in there. This is turning out to be just like the F150 community where owners smash 35's into their wheel wells with a little puck spacer up front. Then they have to trim the truck to hell in order to turn...
I didn't say anything about obnoxiously sized tires or a sky-high lift kit. I was thinking more along the lines of a similar lift to a Bronco Sport Badlands. Just make it have similar capabilities to that, only with a truck body instead of a crossover's.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Ranger Tremor vs regular Ranger is not even close to comparing a Maverick Rattler vs a regular Maverick. They can only do so much with a Maverick.. You think the truck pictured here is going to be a "badass off-roader"? It's marginally more capable than a regular Maverick and that's not even saying much. Nothing about this platform says "off-road" to me.. not the right tool for the job. This is an interesting look that Thomas can commute to his office in.
I was comparing the Bronco w Sasquatch vs. Ranger Tremor based on YOUR comments about geometry. If you actually READ what I wrote! Both are based on the T6 platform. The Bronco is far more capable than the Ranger Tremor.. but the Ranger Tremor is still PLENTY capable.

So naturally, the comparison would be between the BS Badlands to an off-road variant of the Mav. Might not be as capable as the BS Badlands, but still PLENTY capable.

I'll wait for what the Ford engineers come up with vs. accepting the comments of an anonymous poster on the internet pretending to know more than the Ford engineers.. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think this is a fake rumor and nothing more then testing of the next Maverick FX4 package.
Nothing looks different or sticks out from the current Maverick FX4 model.
My .02 cents till Ford confirms a Maverick Rattler being tested.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did they really have to try and hide it if nobody told me it was a rattler I would just think they're driving around in a plane Maverick.