14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One more item to add to the poor quality list. Really losing faith in this truck. Ford really went cheap with the decals. Very disappointing 😕.
Stickers can be replaced by the average DIY’er.

The rest of the truck is awesome. Even the FX4 package is great in my opinion, I had a ton of fun in this past weekend’s snowstorm with the FX4 drive modes. Sand mode is a riot while mud/ruts and slippery will definitely get you out of trouble. If I had better tires, it would have been even better but I got around just fine on the stock Pirelli’s knowing my limitations.

$800 is a deal, if a $20 pair of stickers fails one day even if I avoid automatic car washes, so be it as I still got my money’s worth. I wouldn’t let a sticker sway you from the truck overall.
Sponsored

OP
OP
pjlawton

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
My earlier post showed where the car wash took off a large part of the First Edition decals on the side of the trudk. I went to the dealer this morning and they said they would order a replacement but I decided to just have them removed. BTW, the decals are crap. The detail man took a thumb nail and pulled it out and ripped off a big chuck. Very thin junk. I also had the remove the hood decals too, to me it actually looks better. Here the pics. Like I said befor, First Edition owners, beware.

Ford Maverick Maverick owners beware! Factory decals removed in automatic car wash! [UPDATED: removed decals] Mav 5
Ford Maverick Maverick owners beware! Factory decals removed in automatic car wash! [UPDATED: removed decals] thumbnail_20220131_122445(1)
Ford Maverick Maverick owners beware! Factory decals removed in automatic car wash! [UPDATED: removed decals] thumbnail_20220131_122452

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My earlier post showed where the car wash took off a large part of the First Edition decals on the side of the trudk. I went to the dealer this morning and they said they would order a replacement but I decided to just have them removed. BTW, the decals are crap. The detail man took a thumb nail and pulled it out and ripped off a big chuck. Very thin junk. I also had the remove the hood decals too, to me it actually looks better. Here the pics. Like I said befor, First Edition owners, beware.

Mav 5.jpg
thumbnail_20220131_122445(1).jpg
thumbnail_20220131_122452.jpg
Appreciate that follow up. I've been following this situation since I have a Carbonized Gray FE hybrid allegedly to built in a couple of weeks. As much as I'd love to at least keep the hood decal for anti-glare purposes, if they're THAT flimsy I may just have my dealer safely remove them when they receive the truck from the factory.

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
Since this is being reported now and not during the first 6 months of production I have to think it has to do with them being applied at too cold a temperature. Not sure of the weather in Hermosillo.

Brokennose

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Dodge Diplomat
Not really surprising at this price point. They had to make sacrifices to get to that $20-25k MSRP. I'd rather see chintzy decals than drivetrains.

Ditch the cheapo factory altogether, or get ya some good ones from the dealership.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really surprising at this price point. They had to make sacrifices to get to that $20-25k MSRP. I'd rather see chintzy decals than drivetrains.

Ditch the cheapo factory altogether, or get ya some good ones from the dealership.
Definitely don't disagree on that trade-off.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I hope you get a resolution to that. That is bunk! You probably remembered to deactivate auto-off before going into the wash unlike my dumbass today.
I would have never thought of that! 😆

Gabe06

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've washed my truck on a touch less drive thru car wash (no brushes just water pressure) and no damage to my FX4 logos. If they do end up coming off I'll replace them with a much cooler color scheme 😎

Gabe06

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've washed my truck on a touch less drive thru car wash (no brushes just water pressure) and no damage to my FX4 logos. If they do end up coming off I'll replace them with a much cooler color scheme 😎
[At least 15 times

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Stickers can be replaced by the average DIY’er.

The rest of the truck is awesome. Even the FX4 package is great in my opinion, I had a ton of fun in this past weekend’s snowstorm with the FX4 drive modes. Sand mode is a riot while mud/ruts and slippery will definitely get you out of trouble. If I had better tires, it would have been even better but I got around just fine on the stock Pirelli’s knowing my limitations.

$800 is a deal, if a $20 pair of stickers fails one day even if I avoid automatic car washes, so be it as I still got my money’s worth. I wouldn’t let a sticker sway you from the truck overall.
I understand your point but lots of "little things" wrong with this truck are adding up. I realize there will be issues..I'm retired and really don't want to work on things much anymore. Just want to drive it and enjoy it. Maybe not the truck for me. I'm still 6 months away...see what happens. Hopefully not too many more issues!

Sponsored

Td14782

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick 2019 Ram 2009 suzuki equator,2008 pl
Quite honestly, I see your point on the decals/paint colour issue, though the decal I REALLY want to survive is the hood one since it'll help the sun glare off the hood. I've never owned a vehicle with decals, so I'm definitely curious how that's gonna work out long-term.
Base coat,clear coat paint system should be no paint color issue.Decals made from 3m or oracle film will definitely withstand automatic car wash.Not shure what film ford uses.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not a fan of stickers, so I'd be OK with them being easy to remove with a pressure washer.

But I appreciate the frustration of those who like the stickers. If Ford is going to put them on, they should damn well make sure they are properly attached.

Sassy Grandma

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Velocity Blue ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope you get a resolution to that. That is bunk! You probably remembered to deactivate auto-off before going into the wash unlike my dumbass today.
I wouldn’t know that!?!?? I’m not used to “new” / *fancy* autos!??? My newest is OLD 2007

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
I don’t want the FX4 decals and plan on removing them. Will a hair dryer work okay instead of a heat gun?
Sponsored