pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
UPDATE 1/31/22:

My earlier post (below) showed where the car wash took off a large part of the First Edition decals on the side of the trudk. I went to the dealer this morning and they said they would order a replacement but I decided to just have them removed. BTW, the decals are crap. The detail man took a thumb nail and pulled it out and ripped off a big chuck. Very thin junk. I also had the remove the hood decals too, to me it actually looks better. Here the pics. Like I said befor, First Edition owners, beware.

Mav 5.jpg
thumbnail_20220131_122445(1).jpg
thumbnail_20220131_122452.jpg

EARLIER POST:

Went through the local car wash today, 3rd time since I got the Mav. Happened to look on the passenger side and noticed that half of the First Edition Trim was gone....Very cheap stuff they put on there. Have contacted the dealer and waiting to hear if there is anything they will do. If I can't get it redone I'd just as soon have the remove it from both sides. Here's the pics... Pic 1 is the left side, Pic to is the right side. Looks like crap.

Ford Maverick Maverick owners beware! Factory decals removed in automatic car wash! [UPDATED: removed decals] Mav 1
Ford Maverick Maverick owners beware! Factory decals removed in automatic car wash! [UPDATED: removed decals] Mav 2

Admin update - photos from other members:

By @dolbylogic

Ford Maverick Maverick owners beware! Factory decals removed in automatic car wash! [UPDATED: removed decals] 20211224_105336-

And @FX4 Maverick

Ford Maverick Maverick owners beware! Factory decals removed in automatic car wash! [UPDATED: removed decals] 20220127_171500-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mmmm.. yeah, that's cheap crap there. That is not the car wash fault - it would remove stickers people put on the cars (like Apple stickers), or bumper stickers, or other decals every single day.

Never seen that before. Definitely a quality issue with the decal.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I hope you get a resolution to that. That is bunk! You probably remembered to deactivate auto-off before going into the wash unlike my dumbass today.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a FE order guy (don't have it yet), that's...less than stellar and worrisome.

OP
OP
pjlawton

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
I hope you get a resolution to that. That is bunk! You probably remembered to deactivate auto-off before going into the wash unlike my dumbass today.
I forgot to do that one time, car was jumping around like a kangaroo. LOL

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Well, no waring labels about this and you'd think it would stand up to a regular car wash, wouldn't you? I'll post what happens next.
Call Ford and complain about cheap decals. There is no reason they shouldn't hold up for the car wash.

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sucks but the only stickers that ever stayed on any of my trucks for more than a few years were the Tacoma stickers. Most stickers eventually fail so better off getting them off now so the paint matches when they peel later

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious, was it touch or touch less type wash?

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sucks but the only stickers that ever stayed on any of my trucks for more than a few years were the Tacoma stickers. Most stickers eventually fail so better off getting them off now so the paint matches when they peel later
Quite honestly, I see your point on the decals/paint colour issue, though the decal I REALLY want to survive is the hood one since it'll help the sun glare off the hood. I've never owned a vehicle with decals, so I'm definitely curious how that's gonna work out long-term.
Sponsored