Maverick or Santa Cruz

Oh Weld

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250 , Maverick XL, Maverick XL AWD 4K(ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't do Hyundai.
Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d take the Santa Cruz but I only like the limited and it’s about 15k more than the maverick I’ve ordered. Maverick is the value.

I thought you couldn’t even get towing on any trim Santa Cruz from the factory?
I got towing on mine and I depending on which trim 4 pin or 7 pin. Not a dealer add on.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. I wanted a truck that looks like a truck.
2. I wanted a truck that does what a truck is known to do.
3. I wanted a hybrid.
4. I didn’t want a car that pretends to be a truck.
With that said, I love my hybrid XLT Maverick in VB and the lux pkg!! It’s everything I need a truck to be!
Only issues I would take with your opinion is the SC tows more by 1000 lbs and is 89 pounds short of the Maverick payload. Sees like that indicates it does pretty much what the Maverick EB does. As far as a Car, the SC platform is a stretched CUV/SUV and the Maverick platform is a stretched CUV/SUV also. Both do more as a Truck then the Hybrid which I also have on order because neither get the MPG the Hybrid does.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only issues I would take with your opinion is the SC tows more by 1000 lbs and is 89 pounds short of the Maverick payload. Sees like that indicates it does pretty much what the Maverick EB does. As far as a Car, the SC platform is a stretched CUV/SUV and the Maverick platform is a stretched CUV/SUV also. Both do more as a Truck then the Hybrid which I also have on order because neither get the MPG the Hybrid does.
All I can say is “I’m all in” with my hybrid Lariat Maverick! It does everything I personally need a small truck to do, plus gets fantastic gas mileage! It has the right amount of towing capacity that I need.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick hands down for me. I couldn't live with the exterior styling of the Santa Cruz - whew

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A neighbor down the street has had a Santa Cruz for about a year or so. Seeing it was actually what had me take a serious look at the Maverick. I'm sure it's a fine vehicle, but the styling is not for me. Plus the Mav edges it for off pavement activities. Otherwise they're pretty comparable.
Sponsored