Sponsored

Maverick or Santa Cruz for the long run?

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
In my Family, we have had every sort of Hyundai since their early days in the late 80's and have been fairly loyal mostly because it feels like you get a lot for the money. These days, Hyundai has caught up in price, but I wouldn't say they have caught up in quality. It's the little things, plastic breaking, visor starts to sag, "what's that weird noise?", seat starts to rock back and forth after some years, etc. Our 2003 Elantra had a bad transmission from the get go. My Mothers' 07 Sonata runs great with plenty of power, but this literal $5 part located in the middle of the block cost her $2500 in repairs. Also her dash started cracking which is now hidden by a dash mat. My brothers' 2013 Sonata motor stopped in the middle of the freeway and never started again. Under warranty it was replaced. The sub reddit for Kia and Hyundai are littered with Made in America motors being replaced, not the South Korean ones. I don't know enough about Ford, but since all that appears on the internet is the negative side of all brands breaking down, it's hard to think one is better than the other.
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, we have friends that drive Hyundai's, notably the Tuscon and love it and have had great luck with it. We always felt we should have bought the Tuscon and not the Sonata given the winter driving issues. A lot of it has to do with the luck of the draw i guess. As I stated, Hyundai stood behind every issue we had and resolved them to our satisfaction. Hyundai extended our engine warranty to 10 years / 100K. We got rid of it as the warranty was winding down. No way I was keeping that car with no engine warranty.

Redwun

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think they both will last reasonably long. So get crazy, by the one you like!
Sponsored