First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yesterday I happened to park my XL next to a Santa Cruz in downtown Monterey CA.
I don't know... the SC just doesn't look like a truck.
Lucky I had already installed the new stubby antenna.

SC and Mav1.jpg

SC and Mav2.jpg

SC and Mav3.jpg
yea the santa cruz is definitely a cross over suv with a truck bed in my opinion . The 40k one is nice but id still take maverick any day
Sponsored

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On its own, it isn't bad looking...
I disagree, I really really think that front grill design of the SC and the other Hyundai with the same front grill, is just ugly as sin. Like some fan of "modern art" must have designed that hideous thing...

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I looked a bit at the sc last week...

If you want a hybrid obviously, Mav wins

Price difference basically non-existent after the ford hike and Ecoboost, xlt & lux pack upgrade vs the sl or whatever the 2nd tier SC is called. So price difference is really not very noticeable once all the BS is added up.

Mav w/ lux gets heated steering wheel which SC doesn't seem to have unless I'm missing it somewhere.

SC can get 360 camera (@ the silly 45k top model) which I don't think any Mav has (again unless I'm missing it).

Fact is, Ecoboost xlt vs Santa Cruz, I really don't think I would care which I got. Not willing to pay over msrp for either though. I want the hybrid, but Ford doesn't seem to want me to get it.

Finding an old i4 std cab ranger with low miles looking better and better every day. Hell I probably won't even lose money if I ever get Maverick and turn it into a trade-in.

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick, on a cost/value basis alone takes it. Buying at MSRP these days is almost unheard of. Saw a SC the day I had my lift done and I actually liked it better in person. Then I looked at the sticker with a $10k ADM putting the price at $47k. Hell to the no! 👎
Ford Maverick Maverick or Santa Cruz 6349BA8F-5F1E-4D72-9772-F616459B6AEF

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick, on a cost/value basis alone takes it. Buying at MSRP these days is almost unheard of. Saw a SC the day I had my lift done and I actually liked it better in person. Then I looked at the sticker with a $10k ADM putting the price at $47k. Hell to the no! 👎
6349BA8F-5F1E-4D72-9772-F616459B6AEF.jpeg
Yep, got my fully loaded XLT from Granger for about $29,500+ttl after 3% below Inv + $750 Ford cashback (at the time). No way would I ever pay a markup above sticker, would've kept my 2019 Ranger.

I also agree the SC doesn't look bad, if I had the option between these with the same specs and at the same price I'd probably consider it. Actually I'd still pick the Mav, SC would have to be cheaper. Bed is less functional (how many bikes can you throw over the tailgate, maybe 2? Mav could fit 4 no problem.

Sponsored

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I looked a bit at the sc last week...

If you want a hybrid obviously, Mav wins

Price difference basically non-existent after the ford hike and Ecoboost, xlt & lux pack upgrade vs the sl or whatever the 2nd tier SC is called. So price difference is really not very noticeable once all the BS is added up.

Mav w/ lux gets heated steering wheel which SC doesn't seem to have unless I'm missing it somewhere.

SC can get 360 camera (@ the silly 45k top model) which I don't think any Mav has (again unless I'm missing it).

Fact is, Ecoboost xlt vs Santa Cruz, I really don't think I would care which I got. Not willing to pay over msrp for either though. I want the hybrid, but Ford doesn't seem to want me to get it.

Finding an old i4 std cab ranger with low miles looking better and better every day. Hell I probably won't even lose money if I ever get Maverick and turn it into a trade-in.
Ha. My 2006 Ranger yardtruck is parked under our carport as I write. Loaded with topsoil.)
Got it 4 years ago.. was a .one owner garage kept. Flawless body.
It has 65k miles on it now.
Never a problem.
I saw on a video that 2006 Ranger was one of the most trouble free trucks sold over the last 20 years.
Roll up windows vinyl floor hubba hubba.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I disagree, I really really think that front grill design of the SC and the other Hyundai with the same front grill, is just ugly as sin. Like some fan of "modern art" must have designed that hideous thing...
Give sin its due.

The Santa Cruz is much, much uglier.

:cool:

56Sportster

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK XLT W/FX4
i watched TFL off road test a regular 4wd Maverick vs the santa cruz and it was embarrassing for the santa cruz. Then i saw a driving sports tv video of the FX4 vs a subaru outback. That convinced me the Maverick was the only choice.

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Give sin its due.

The Santa Cruz is much, much uglier.

:cool:
For real, everytime I see one I cringe, and not just the Santa Cruz, but it's brother as well. Forgot the name, the Tucson is it? It's the other Hyundai with that shitty modern art grill... I swear if I won one of those for free I'll take it just to sell it, I won't be caught dead driving that ugly thing around, lol. Come on, must have SOME dignity you know...

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For real, everytime I see one I cringe, and not just the Santa Cruz, but it's brother as well. Forgot the name, the Tucson is it? It's the other Hyundai with that shitty modern art grill... I swear if I won one of those for free I'll take it just to sell it, I won't be caught dead driving that ugly thing around, lol. Come on, must have SOME dignity you know...

You think driving a maverick will give you dignity 😂

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get the Santerick

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You think driving a maverick will give you dignity 😂
More so than a Santa Cruz. I guess if I wore skinny jeans and used cool meme buzz words I might prefer the Santa Cruz while I go to a poetry slam in the city... It'll be a big hit for sure.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
More so than a Santa Cruz. I guess if I wore skinny jeans and used cool meme buzz words I might prefer the Santa Cruz while I go to a poetry slam in the city... It'll be a big hit for sure.

Good for you…. You will definitely be worthy of honor and respect because you drive a cheap entry level vehicle! Such dignity! 😂

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good for you…. You will definitely be worthy of honor and respect because you drive a cheap entry level vehicle! Such dignity! 😂
Nah man, I just get what I think is practical for me. But there are limits on how low I can stoop, and having some overpriced car with a "bed" that can only hold about 600 pounds and a grill that looks like it was designed by someone who thinks he's an artist because he has a piece of modern art on display in Wynwood, yah, that's just too low, even for me... 🤣

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nah man, I just get what I think is practical for me. But there are limits on how low I can stoop, and having some overpriced car with a "bed" that can only hold about 600 pounds and a grill that looks like it was designed by someone who thinks he's an artist because he has a piece of modern art on display in Wynwood, yah, that's just too low, even for me... 🤣

Nah man, you said the maverick will give you dignity
Sponsored