Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must admit, the maverick AC works like a champ. Took the family to a waterpark resort for the weekend from Sacramento to Manteca, CA. 109° and we were quite comfortable the whole way. Even cooled down the lariat interior quite fast after being parked in the sun the whole day. Full disclosure: I have ceramic tint all around and the EGR window visors so was able to discreetly crack the windows too.
Sponsored

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is very hot in Florida right now, also I think my mpgs have gone down. Cabin still says decently cool ceramic tint and the windshield shade make a world of difference

Jim Paradise

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverrick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just drove cross country - Delaware to San Diego and back. It was uncomfortable in the cab because of the hot sun. So once I replace the windshield (got a crack driving across) I am going to have the UV protection added to the windshield and front doors.

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Amen. 113 here in Texas yesterday.
Ya when I was 14 we moved from living in Alaska for 7years (4 in fairbanks and 3 in Anchorage) to San Antonio TX.. In the middle of summer..... Ya THAT WAS NOT FUN... lol
The fist night in SA.. Me and my brother went for a walk at night.. And a cricket jumped in front of us on the sidewalk me 14 and my brother 17... I started yelling "is it poisonous is it poisonous" my brother was laughing his head off cuz he knew it was just a cricket... Me I don't ever remember seeing one before so I didn't know what it was

Sponsored

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Getting warm here in the Mohave Valley - 119° yesterday and 90° when I walked the dog at 5am.
Hybrid seems to handle the heat OK but the AC takes a long time to cool the cabin compared to the EcoSport I drive last Summer. My feeling is the electric AC compressor runs a a fixed speed whereas the engine driven one is more effective when driving.

Reeder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know it a real shame Ford took away the remote start on the key fob on the 23s . On my 22! Maverick so easy push lock once push start twice DONE . Alot easier then going thru my phone . I quess it's just me . 🤔
Totally agree. I have the ability on Ford Pass app on my phone in emergency but would rather do it quicker via the keyfob. People are just getting dummied down to not know how to do anything without apps. There have been several instances over the years where an entire wireless network has gone down, so good luck starting car, opening door to house, and everything else they do via apps. I like to keep my hands on approach just incase the world goes into shut down like the NBC TV series Revolution. Just saying it could happen!!! LOL

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You know it a real shame Ford took away the remote start on the key fob on the 23s . On my 22! Maverick so easy push lock once push start twice DONE . Alot easier then going thru my phone . I quess it's just me . 🤔
My 22 wasn't built but got 23 just hit 5k in miles... I added the 170$ remote start (which was just to get it on the key pobs) to be honest I use the pobs to lock and unlock but about 90% of the time I do remote start I'm so far from the truck I just use the phone.

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They did? WTF?

Why tf would they do such a stupid thing? Can you add it at all? Are they going the Toyota route and charging a subscription for remote start even from the key fob?
Hey Montana I have remote start on my '23 mav hybrid Lariat key fob. I paid $170 for remote start. Just sayin' I got it.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Montana I have remote start on my '23 mav hybrid Lariat key fob. I paid $170 for remote start. Just sayin' I got it.
Yea I think most manufacturers are making it a paid add-on now because they are trying to get people to use the app's. It's nothing new, but it does suck that every thing is turning into an add-on now days. You need this package and that package when previously, it was all one package. You got the "luxury" package and it came with everything. Like RAM's differentiation between bighorn, lariat and laramie - they were subtle difference but no need for adding things like navigation with one, or remote start with the other - it just came with it. Now there are 15 different versions and each one has different add-on's with some models still not getting certain features you'd get for adding the same package on another tier in a model just above it.

Anyways... /rant. Everything now days is a "subscription" extra fee.

Meanwhile, in Montana today:

Ford Maverick Maverick in hot temperature 640b190b-5df8-4598-96f1-2999d67ded79_text

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Chevy Bolt:
Shows details of power use.
At 112°F 95% of power went to freeway driving and just 5% went to climate control. (15 kWh out of 300 for example)

Minutes later, 136°F in a stagnant blacktop parking lot with zero shade.
Both OUTDOOR temperatures.
Central Valley, CA.

Ford Maverick Maverick in hot temperature BCE8E427-A3E8-4414-8E9B-D8C52E16742F

Ford Maverick Maverick in hot temperature A1C795BD-A408-41E8-99EC-BF9C7EB3E8E9

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What the Bolt data signifies should be the same in Mavericks: A/C lowers your highway MPG by 5%.

A/C is a larger PERCENTAGE of your city driving because the air conditioning power use is the same, but energy used for driving is less.

Highway: 1 kilowatt A/C plus 19 kW going to spin the wheels = 5%.

City: 1 kilowatt A/C plus 9 kW going to the wheels (ave) = 10%.

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea I think most manufacturers are making it a paid add-on now because they are trying to get people to use the app's. It's nothing new, but it does suck that every thing is turning into an add-on now days. You need this package and that package when previously, it was all one package. You got the "luxury" package and it came with everything. Like RAM's differentiation between bighorn, lariat and laramie - they were subtle difference but no need for adding things like navigation with one, or remote start with the other - it just came with it. Now there are 15 different versions and each one has different add-on's with some models still not getting certain features you'd get for adding the same package on another tier in a model just above it.

Anyways... /rant. Everything now days is a "subscription" extra fee.
Actually I added it as a standalone option It didn't come w the '23 lux package. Maybe that's what greyghost meant they changed it for '24 ...
Meanwhile, in Montana today:

640b190b-5df8-4598-96f1-2999d67ded79_text.gif

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just drove cross country - Delaware to San Diego and back. It was uncomfortable in the cab because of the hot sun. So once I replace the windshield (got a crack driving across) I am going to have the UV protection added to the windshield and front doors.
EDIT TO CHANGE UV REFERENCE TO IR
Just In Case you are not aware! The rear privacy glass has NO-NADA-ZILCH IR REFLECTION! Need ceramic on them also!
Sponsored

Last edited: