First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2022 XLT 2.0 was totaled on Dec. 15. I was very fortunate to purchase a cancelled order on a 2024 with basically identical features from a local dealer who had one available on a cancelled order. I paid the sticker price and when I went to pick it up on Jan. 3rd, the salesman informed me a $750 rebate became available and applied. I really cannot see any difference from my 22, but feel fortunate to have found a replacement so quickly.
It's always good to hear positive feedback. I know if I have issues my dealer will take care of me.
Sponsored

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, I took my 23 Mav to the dealer for an oil change. The dealer did an unscheduled, unadvertised, software update. Seemed strange to me seeing since I only have 11,000 miles.
That was probably the recall to fix the tailight bulb issue - where one can burn out and your are not notified...but it reloads the software. Screwed up things on my car for a while until it downloaded some software from the web and rebooted a few times turning truck on an off. Now it is back to normal. 23 Lariat They came to my house to do this recall notice.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New to Maverick ownership with a 24 Ecoboost FX4.

You read all the posted issues with the Maverick since first year 2022. Things like paint is not great, plastic will scratch easily... and recall items...

One would think that with each production year and perhaps within a production year Ford would improve on known issues...especially if it cost them money on warranty issues.

Are there any documented or undocumented improvements noticed by Maverick Owners from the 22 models to the 24 models?

I have not really noticed any interior issues with the plastics with my 24 Maverick like others haved posted.
No scratches or paint issues after almost one year with my 23 mav. Some people just like to complain.

ejgroth2620

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When getting something new, it's easy to be spooked by negative reviews/comments. Considering this Maverick Truck Club membership is nearly 29,000 and assuming most members with issues share their unfortunate experience with us, I see this as a very high percentage of Mav owners being happy with their truck. I try to see all the issues posted here as good information to watch for when mine arrives, but I don't assume I will have those issues. That's me though... don't worry, be happy, but be prepared.
Excellent points. If you buy a TRUCK, and you're saddened because you got a finger nail scratch on plastic somewhere, then you probably bought the wrong vehicle. These are entry level trucks, and for what they're designed to be, I think Ford has done a commendable job.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me: 2022 EB Lariat, 8,800 mi sold when my 2024 hybrid Lariat arrived. 24 has 1,100 miles on it. '24 seems tighter, the dash is free of the rumble my 22EB had. I liked the spunk of the EB, was getting 31 mpg but I like the 44mpg of the hybrid and it gets the job done. Like others, I regret Ford is removing [Lariat] featues like keypad, center console light, digital readouts in the dual hvac controls. Seems bizarre not to spray top bed rail under rear window with SIBL material. Overall happy with my purchase - the right combination of driving comfort and utility for what I do.

Sponsored

Rileyotta

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for Maverick, driving 2013 Kia Sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wouldn't expect anything to be different other than Sync version & recall items.
Did the newer models get an upgraded sync version?

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did the newer models get an upgraded sync version?
To my knowledge NO, probably just a newer s/w update that is pushed out over the air or manually by usb stick. My MY22 has gotten several updates over the air since I've had it, the last one just before Christmas

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is more likely to discontinue the Maverick than fix it's issues even if sales are high. In the first two years of it's existence, nobody was getting a lawyer to lemon them, it was more profitable to just sell them to Carvana, make a few grand profit, and let them deal with it.

NOW, that the car market has KIND OF stabilized, and flipping new cars is no longer profitable, people will start lemoning them. It will take about a year or two for someone to gather service records, hire an attorney, and get a resolution, but once all those cases start piling up on Ford's desk, they are probably going to hit the killswitch on the Maverick.

Sponsored

CanadaGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Canyon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford is more likely to discontinue the Maverick than fix it's issues even if sales are high. In the first two years of it's existence, nobody was getting a lawyer to lemon them, it was more profitable to just sell them to Carvana, make a few grand profit, and let them deal with it.

NOW, that the car market has KIND OF stabilized, and flipping new cars is no longer profitable, people will start lemoning them. It will take about a year or two for someone to gather service records, hire an attorney, and get a resolution, but once all those cases start piling up on Ford's desk, they are probably going to hit the killswitch on the Maverick.
none of this makes sense

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So Birddog. Now that you have a 24 Maverick, what do you plan to add to it that is already not on your truck?

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That really, REALLY is not going to happen. Ford's 1.6 and 1.5 four cylinder ecoboost engines had a higher than normal failure rate. But Ford didn't quit making Escapes. Here on these forums - where people create an account just to bitch/warn/seek relief from problems it's easy to think the Maverick is a problematic vehicle.

That simply is not true. Consumer Reports rates both the EcoBoost and hybrid Maverick's reliability as better that average. Ford expects a certain number of warranty claims. The Maverick has less than normal, not more.

Craigom76

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like to be able to chime in, but I haven't seen my Mav I bought at the end of October in almost 2 months....

I'm waiting on a backordered ABS Control Module.

It has just over 3100km on it..

Derwood

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick and Kia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New to Maverick ownership with a 24 Ecoboost FX4.

You read all the posted issues with the Maverick since first year 2022. Things like paint is not great, plastic will scratch easily... and recall items...

One would think that with each production year and perhaps within a production year Ford would improve on known issues...especially if it cost them money on warranty issues.

Are there any documented or undocumented improvements noticed by Maverick Owners from the 22 models to the 24 models?

I have not really noticed any interior issues with the plastics with my 24 Maverick like others haved posted.
My interior plastic is OK but even IF it scratches easily...who cares? Long as it gives me at least ten years I'll be happy. It's a TRUCK.. not a showgirl model. Lol
Sponsored