First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having owned my Maverick for a few weeks now, I’ve noted that several options / improvements can be added
  • Fog lights. Why in the heck did Ford not offer fog lights?
  • Homelink Why no option for Homelink integration? Thanks to the forum member that offers a plug and play Homelink mirror kit
  • Rear parking/ obstruction sensors. This would have been a nice option
  • Door pulls. It would have been nice to add an indent on the soft plastic armrests. The cantilevered pulls look cool but lack functionality/ergonomics.
  • Cubby. What the heck was Ford thinking?
  • Driving mode reset to normal every drive cycle. Can this not be fixed with a programming change? This is a major annoyance when you drive in Eco mode.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford is moving away from fog lights.

Other features, like push button start/adaptive cruise/rear parking sensors, are used to bring the average selling price up. I don't see Ford bringing them into lower trims anytime soon.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
SYNC 4 option
Locking Diff option on FX/4
Extra inch lift for FX/4. Even the old Rangers did that on FX/4.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having owned my Maverick for a few weeks now, I’ve noted that several options / improvements can be added
  • Homelink Why no option for Homelink integration? Thanks to the forum member that offers a plug and play Homelink mirror kit
  • Door pulls. It would have been nice to add an indent on the soft plastic armrests. The cantilevered pulls look cool but lack functionality

Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't seem to notice your issues,but after owning ours for 6 weeks now I can't get used to the engine sewing machine noise.and the center armrest needs to be adjustable so it sticks out more.otherwise great truck.

Mavrik23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ability to browse music on USB drive while in motion on XL & XLT models

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

• Door pulls. It would have been nice to add an indent on the soft plastic armrests. The cantilevered pulls look cool but lack functionality
I was driving home in fog the other night, and felt no need for fog lights with the Lariat trim headlights, unlike my 2011 Ranger where I upgraded the fog lights and the headlights due to poor illumination.

There are rear parking and obstruction sensors on my Lariat. I think it comes with the Co-Pilot 360 Assist package.

It took me a few weeks to get used to the interior door handles/pulls. I agree they are weird and don't feel like they are in the right position on the doors, but eventually you get used to it.

No idea what Ford was thinking when they designed the cubby, but I found it to be a very convenient place to locate my phone holder. I really like having the big screen and the phone screen right next to each other.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dont have any of those complaints. Personally I would have liked to see the Tremor have a bit more height and the Tremor 0.8" springs be an option on the FX4.

360 cam options would be nice. Otherwise the truck is AWESOME XLTremor for the win! Ohh yeah I can get 32 mpg in my offroad truck if I take it easy.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most manufacturers are getting rid of fog lights- supposedly they reflect too much off wet surfaces, blinding other drivers.

I think the door handles are weird but they work.

Only improvement I want is change the left round gauge on the hybrid to work exactly like the bar graph display you can select to watch electric vs. hybrid power.

OP
OP

Jim53r88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most manufacturers are getting rid of fog lights- supposedly they reflect too much off wet surfaces, blinding other drivers.

I think the door handles are weird but they work.

Only improvement I want is change the left round gauge on the hybrid to work exactly like the bar graph display you can select to watch electric vs. hybrid power.
That’s a great suggestion.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Please Ford fix the Bluetooth on the XL and XLT models. This is the worst BT connection I have ever seen. Mine is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting.