BirdDog

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New to Maverick ownership with a 24 Ecoboost FX4.

You read all the posted issues with the Maverick since first year 2022. Things like paint is not great, plastic will scratch easily... and recall items...

One would think that with each production year and perhaps within a production year Ford would improve on known issues...especially if it cost them money on warranty issues.

Are there any documented or undocumented improvements noticed by Maverick Owners from the 22 models to the 24 models?

I have not really noticed any interior issues with the plastics with my 24 Maverick like others haved posted.
Sponsored

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't expect anything to be different other than Sync version & recall items.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You read all the posted issues with the Maverick since first year 2022. Things like paint is not great, plastic will scratch easily... and recall items...

One would think that with each production year and perhaps within a production year Ford would improve on known issues...especially if it cost them money on warranty issues.

Are there any documented or undocumented improvements noticed by Maverick Owners from the 22 models to the 24 models?

I have not really noticed any interior issues with the plastics with my 24 Maverick like others haved posted.
Welcome to the Forum. It won't take long and you will notice the fingernail scratches on the plastic by the door handles. There will not be any big changes for a few years in the Maverick. Lots of great info in this forum. Happy Mavericking 🤟

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Your plastics aren't unique - they are going to scratch easily just like all of us. Your dash is likely to creek near the passenger A-pillar. These aren't warranty items that cost Ford money.

Changing a supplier or production mid-cycle certainly would cost them a lot of money.

Unfortunately, Ford has really only de-contented the Maverick from 22 to 24.

KEMeyer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

When getting something new, it's easy to be spooked by negative reviews/comments. Considering this Maverick Truck Club membership is nearly 29,000 and assuming most members with issues share their unfortunate experience with us, I see this as a very high percentage of Mav owners being happy with their truck. I try to see all the issues posted here as good information to watch for when mine arrives, but I don't assume I will have those issues. That's me though... don't worry, be happy, but be prepared.

Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your plastics aren't unique - they are going to scratch easily just like all of us. Your dash is likely to creek near the passenger A-pillar. These aren't warranty items that cost Ford money.

Changing a supplier or production mid-cycle certainly would cost them a lot of money.

Unfortunately, Ford has really only de-contented the Maverick from 22 to 24.
Yeah it is kind of interesting that they removed features but raised prices!

overall my maverick experience has been pretty positive. Main complaint is the stereo and dropped connections between Bluetooth and CarPlay.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford has a tendency to give you a lot the first model year and the slowly take things away each model year or up charge you for them after that.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

overall my maverick experience has been pretty positive. Main complaint is the stereo and dropped connections between Bluetooth and CarPlay.
My $34,800 MSRP (that I paid $31,500 for with X-plan and price pro) XLT Tremor + Lux (moonroof) now retails for $39,100.

It does have CP360 standard (although I added Lane Keep Assist and that's what I wanted)...but it loses - body colored mirror caps, heated windshield wiper bay, spray in bed liner, and sliding rear window - all things I want especially if I was going to spend another $7,500 on the truck.

I do plan to upgrade the front speakers and add a subwoofer behind the seats - but that will come after fog lights, S&B intake, and a Livernois tune.

Setsteve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Hello, I took my 23 Mav to the dealer for an oil change. The dealer did an unscheduled, unadvertised, software update. Seemed strange to me seeing since I only have 11,000 miles.

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably the tail light "safety" program update....

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yeah, because prices never increase on anything.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As someone alluded to, you hear people who have had issues make them known, but there's a lot of us that either haven't had them, or they just haven't materialized for us yet.

I've not noticed any scratching of the plastics in mine, and I don't think I've been overly careful about doing anything that I wasn't already doing with previous vehicles I've owned. I mean, I've always tried to watch my feet getting in and out, all lower door panels made of plastic can scratch -- and at some point they are just likely to. It happens no matter how careful you've been.
I've not gotten any creaking in the dash yet, but I'm still only under 5k on the vehicle and 8 months or so into ownership. Time will tell.

I'm sure for the creaking there could be a simple fix if someone played around a bit and tried a few things to see if it made a difference. I'm sure the Maverick is no difference than almost any other vehicle with too many things jammed into too tight of an environment. Finding it and creating a fix could be a rewarding challenge for everyone else who has developed this problem.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is a constantly evolving product, a late 23 is somewhat different than an early 23 in ways that are not readily apparent. Parts and processes are constantly changing. Can't begin to tell you how many times I've seen the stock department go out on the floor and remove parts based on lot numbers. One Mav example, drivers door window switch problems (for right rear door) seem to have abated and I'll bet the old stock hit the dumpster or some similar fate.
Warranty costs are huge hit to the bottom line and a regular subject of review. Small changes at the factory can save big bucks.
Not a chemist but imagine a formula tweak could make plastic door panels more scratch resistant or maybe already has.

JPH 673

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 truck Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When getting something new, it's easy to be spooked by negative reviews/comments. Considering this Maverick Truck Club membership is nearly 29,000 and assuming most members with issues share their unfortunate experience with us, I see this as a very high percentage of Mav owners being happy with their truck. I try to see all the issues posted here as good information to watch for when mine arrives, but I don't assume I will have those issues. That's me though... don't worry, be happy, but be prepared.
My 2022 XLT 2.0 was totaled on Dec. 15. I was very fortunate to purchase a cancelled order on a 2024 with basically identical features from a local dealer who had one available on a cancelled order. I paid the sticker price and when I went to pick it up on Jan. 3rd, the salesman informed me a $750 rebate became available and applied. I really cannot see any difference from my 22, but feel fortunate to have found a replacement so quickly.